Easier way to level?

Easier way to level?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Magical Things.8465

Magical Things.8465

What is the fastest/easiest way to level your character? I’m following my story line now and doing the side missions but my levels are moving at a snails pace. Anything more I can be doing or anything different I should be doing?

Let me know some tips and tricks please.

Currently playing an Enviromentalist.

Easier way to level?

Posted by: Tatty.9680

Tatty.9680

Do events, gather materials, ress corpses, craft, do 100% map completion, Do story missions. Generally anything you do gets you xp, except enemies, they give the lowest hahahaha

Fear The Chickens – http://cluk.enjin.com/

Easier way to level?

Posted by: nonsense.5204

nonsense.5204

Every single thing gives you XP. You need to do more than kill. You need to gather and explore mostly, as well as craft and WvW.

What kind of skills does your Enviromentalist have? Do you hand out tickets for large carbon footprints?

Easier way to level?

Posted by: Wizardauz.3761

Wizardauz.3761

playing an Enviromentalist.

I lol’d

but really. you should be gathering and crafting as you level up.

Mining/Chopping/Gathering all give experience, on top of that crafted items give ALOT of xp and to top it off discovering recipes is just like shoveling in the xp.

Try and do alot at once. Kill most every enemy, go after every event that u come across (even if its a repeat), collect all the mats!, craft… thats what i’ve done. I got 26 in less then 2 days (not saying thats amazing, but its definitely going at pace)

Ehmry Bay – Good Fights Guild Leader
Lvl 80 Sylvari Guardian – Tzenjin [GF]
Lvl 80 Human Elementalist – Tzenkai [GF]

Easier way to level?

Posted by: jolson.9583

jolson.9583

You see an event nearby follow it. Explore, explore, explore! I have a level 52 Thief, and I’m only on level 44 content. I’ve explored all the main cities, almost all the starter zones. And if there is an event nearby I participate in it. The lovely thing about this game no matter where you are, you’re never out level the area because of scaling. It seems the XP gained by an event is more based of your level and not the zone your in. I’ve gotten a much larger amount of XP by doing an event in Metrica Provence than I got by doing it at level.

My recommendation for this game is change your approach to leveling. It’s not the same in GW2 as it is in any other game.

the random generation of numbers is far to important to be left to chance.

Easier way to level?

Posted by: Swordfish.5241

Swordfish.5241

What I found works best is looking for events with massive spawn rates. Just find the zerg of people and AoE tag as many mobs as you can for exp. It’s also pretty effective for farming mats/gold as well.

Easier way to level?

Posted by: Stevoli.8795

Stevoli.8795

First off, why do you want to level so fast? There’s no monthly sub, there’s nothing to rush to. If you want level 80 PvP, just join an sPvP match and you are instantly level 80 with all skills.

Easier way to level?

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

The only reason I see to rush would be to pick an order then complete the initiation at 39, so you get the achievement. No other reason to rush.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Easier way to level?

Posted by: Swordfish.5241

Swordfish.5241

Getting to 80 and unlocking all of your skills/weapons/armor available makes a big difference in WvWvW though. SPvP is fun, but it has been done to death. I prefer the huge battles and the options of buying trebuchets and siege weapons since this wasn’t available in another big name MMO coughcough

Easier way to level?

Posted by: Mario Lemieux.9107

Mario Lemieux.9107

I agree with Stevoli…don’t rush to get to 80. Many players have admitted on these forums that they didn’t enjoy the game as they should have because of the fact that they rushed to max level.

Look around, enjoy the game, enjoy the events, kill things, do your story, map areas, gather and craft, yes, all these things…

But enjoy the game. Don’t rush to the end when the game is 3 weeks in, and then wonder what else there is to do…

Easier way to level?

Posted by: SillyBlackFox.4872

SillyBlackFox.4872

Keep up to date on your story missions. Decent rewards + decent exp = Decent leveling progress.

It’s not easy to speed up leveling (or slow it down for that matter) in this game. Not from what I’ve seen, anyhow.

Easier way to level?

Posted by: Drakkonis.2768

Drakkonis.2768

Cook.

In short, I think pretty much all of those Snacks and Meals give you a +10 Experience from Kills in addition to an extra bonus specific to meal used. Plus, you earn experience form discovering recipes and cooking.

Chaos is the only true answer.

Easier way to level?

Mario Lemieux.9107

You could also go clean up Ascalon and try to reduce their emissions, since, you know, you’re an Environmentalist and all…

Easier way to level?

Posted by: Zelden.6143

Zelden.6143

How about looking at it a different way? What’s the funnest way to level?

The great thing about Guild Wars is for the first time in a long while I’ve not felt the pressure to level, as the process itself has been fun and fulfilling and I’ve not been limited in what I can do because I wasn’t max level within a day.

Take time to help out guild-mates, go exploring, level your professions, do jumping puzzles, and more!

Don’t worry about powering through the content! You’re not missing anything. Just enjoy the experience and have a good time doing it!

That’s my 2cents worth anyway

GM of <league> [GH – EU]
A friendly guild for a fun experience! Always recruiting :D

Easier way to level?

Mario Lemieux.9107

The great thing about Guild Wars is for the first time in a long while I’ve not felt the pressure to level, as the process itself has been fun and fulfilling and I’ve not been limited in what I can do because I wasn’t max level within a day.

Take time to help out guild-mates, go exploring, level your professions, do jumping puzzles, and more!

Don’t worry about powering through the content! You’re not missing anything. Just enjoy the experience and have a good time doing it!

Hit the nail on the head.

Easier way to level?

Posted by: Ten.8421

Ten.8421

Everyone enjoys different things, and the more you enjoy something, the faster it will seem to go.

That said, what works best for me, personally, is to focus on two things:
a) Map Completion and World Completion (meaning I go through all the maps that aren’t above my level)
b) Daily Achievements

Just by having these two things as a goal, I level speedily and smoothly, and if I follow whatever dynamic event I come across on the way, I also get good karma.

What I don’t do is to actually look at my EXP bar, nor do I go out of my way to look for dynamic events. I have found that doing that make the game feel like a chore for me.

Gamut Gaming Group [GGG], an inclusive non-oppression, non-prejudice, non-normativity group.

Easier way to level?

Posted by: graavigala.2945

graavigala.2945

What is the fastest/easiest way to level your character? I’m following my story line now and doing the side missions but my levels are moving at a snails pace. Anything more I can be doing or anything different I should be doing?

Let me know some tips and tricks please.

Currently playing an Enviromentalist.

Do everything you see, dont leave the area of leveling until it is 100%
Kill everything that comes your path, you get also loot.
Gather everything even if you would not need them.

What comes to the overall leveling pace, I would have to say that GW2 has it at pretty nice pace, not too fast nor too slow. Just right for my taste

Easier way to level?

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

The absolute fastest leveling is WvW. But then you’re doing the same 2 maps and same activities all the way to 80, which might get old, not to mention the hours-long queues.

When you get up a bit, doing dungeons will zip you along. I get about 2/3 a level for a 20-minute run thru CM.

Easier way to level?

Posted by: Rhiaden.3986

Rhiaden.3986

I am doing each areas levels before moving on, and doing crafting/gathering/Events as they pop. Also making sure to get area completion for zones/towns

It seems to be going relatively fast, I am 39, and just finished my 2nd 15-25 zone atm. Not done any dungeons yet.

Easier way to level?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

This.

Admittedly I’ve only gotten my main to level 16, but then I’ve been splitting about an hour a day of playtime between 4 characters. But I almost didn’t notice going from level 11 to level 16 (and was genuinely surprised to find myself at level 16, last time I’d checked it was 13) because I was enjoying what I was doing and so focused on just doing events and hearts and exploring that I wasn’t even paying attention to the XP bar.

I sometimes wonder if I might be missing something by taking everything so slowly in this game (and others) but then I look at this forum and all the people who rushed to level 80 and seem to have no idea what to do now, or what they missed along the way and I start thinking it’s actually the other way around – other people might have gotten into (or even 100% explored) all the maps, they might have maxed crafting or whatever else got them to level 80, but I feel like they’re the ones who missed out by rushing through it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”