Easiest Monthly Dungeon?

Easiest Monthly Dungeon?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Anwar.2018

Anwar.2018

Newbie here. I no longer enjoy too much difficulty or too long a session (I’m in my 60s) used to raid and group a lot, was very hardcore, but now just really enjoying this game and love how you can just jump in and help to add to your solo in this game.

I want to finish the monthly, but it has a dungeon requirement. I’ve never come across one. My top char is about 35, second highrest about 24, rest around 16.

So which dungeon should I look for that needs the least people (solo preferred) and the least demanding of twitch? and what’s the lowest level that can do it?

Easiest Monthly Dungeon?

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

I wouldn’t bet on soloing a dungeon at 35. I’d try to get an AC exp group, either through map chat in LA or the zone AC is in (can’t remember right now) or GW2LFG.com. If you get yourself into an experienced group, each path can be done in about 20 minutes.

Easiest Monthly Dungeon?

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Ascalonian Catacombs SM is 30 and EX is 35. Its probably one of the better choices. I also believe Fractals of the mist can be done at (character) level 1, but Im pretty sure they don’t count towards dungeon monthly because I didn’t get credit for those ones. In that case AC is really your only choice. Next is Caudecus Manner at level 40 and is quite hard until you get much higher than 40.

AC is a pretty good dungon imo. AC, FotM and Twighlight Arbor I really enjoy and play regularly. Not a fan of most of the other dungeons.

Oh, and don’t even think about soloing a dungeon.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascalonian_Catacombs

Easiest Monthly Dungeon?

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

at 35 the only dungeon you can do is Ascalonian Catacombs. And all dungeons are designed for a group of 5.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dungeon#List_of_dungeons

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

Easiest Monthly Dungeon?

Posted by: Anwar.2018

Anwar.2018

I’m sorry, but I have no idea what AC or LA stands for.

Easiest Monthly Dungeon?

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

I’m sorry, but I have no idea what AC or LA stands for.

AC is Ascalonian catacombs, the lowest level dungeon. LA is Lion’s Arch.

Easiest Monthly Dungeon?

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

the dungeon with the lowest level requirement is ascalonian catacombs for 35. (or 30 for story, don’t know whether story counts but probably will). fortunately for you, it’s also one of the easiest dungeons.

forget about soloing, for someone new to dungeons even doing it in a full group is hard.

I found story harder than explorable, but they’ve adjusted it a bit, just try both. look for a nice group and plan for about 1-2 hours if you’re all firsttimers. path 2 might be the best to start with (for explorable).

fortunately, you don’t really need fast reflexes for ascalon, only good timing. bosses don’t attack fast, but hard. you only have to learn their animations (kohler in the middle is very distinct and the endbosses all do a little dance-like move) and get to safety.

join a group of other new players.. it’ll take a lot longer, but if the people are nice it’s still fun and nobody will yell at you for dieing a few times ;-) if the group has experienced players in it, tell them from the start you don’t know the dungeon. either they kick you because they want a quick run or they’ll help you learn the dungeon by explaining. (be prepared to search a few groups until you find a good one).

use gw2lfg.com to find a group.

the first time takes a while, afterwards you know the encounters and it’ll be easier. like niea said, 20 minutes for a random group sounds about right. though I’d not expect that in the first 5 runs.

(edited by Oranisagu.3706)

Easiest Monthly Dungeon?

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Since AC is looking likely, just a tip, make sure you have a skill that breaks/removes knockdown. The one thing I found hard with that one is the skelk that knocks you down and knocks you down and knocks you down. I use ghost walk whenever I play AC on my main (necromancer) and its the only time I use that skill.

Easiest Monthly Dungeon?

Posted by: Shredderella.6324

Shredderella.6324

So wait, are you guys saying you have to be lvl 35 or higher to complete the monthly?

Easiest Monthly Dungeon?

Posted by: eXs.6210

eXs.6210

So wait, are you guys saying you have to be lvl 35 or higher to complete the monthly?

Effectively yea… I ran fotm when I was like 33 or 34 but that was way back in the day when it just came out and people weren’t picky about farming and speed runs and building groups and pinging gear… Oh yea it was lvl1 too…

You definitely have to be at least 28ish to get into any dungeon…

Easiest Monthly Dungeon?

Posted by: Shredderella.6324

Shredderella.6324

Effectively yea… I ran fotm when I was like 33 or 34 but that was way back in the day when it just came out and people weren’t picky about farming and speed runs and building groups and pinging gear… Oh yea it was lvl1 too…

You definitely have to be at least 28ish to get into any dungeon…

Good to know, thanks!