Easy Method For Cheap Magic Find

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Arridath.1087

Arridath.1087

I made a video showing a really quick way to get loads of magic find. I posted it to Reddit and thought I’d post it here as well.

Cheap Magic Find – YouTube

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Nice! But now let’s see how much the price of ecto changes if a bunch of people try this all at once! :O

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Nice! But now let’s see how much the price of ecto changes if a bunch of people try this all at once! :O

Ooo, I hope it goes up.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Posted by: Vert.5041

Vert.5041

You can those 10 lucks into 200 luck essences with artificier.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Could that be the point? /tinfoilhat

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

This is not the first time someone has suggested doing. If it is going to do anything to ecto prices it would have happened already.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Other than the bid price going up a bit, otherwise the sell price looks stable. Dust price is down a tad but not too bad overall.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

So this seems to work okay when you MF level is low but this is a really expensive way of getting your luck up there. Just to check I tried it and it cost me 3 gold to get 1/4 of a MF% at 224%

It’s fast but it’s very expensive and that was with quite favourable dust prices. I would only recommend this if you are planning to sell some ectos. It’s the TP listing price that kills this as a cheap method.

Posted by: Nova.3814

Nova.3814

Just when Magic Find came out there were already multiple guides suggesting the exact same thing…. So don’t worry about your ecto-prices.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

So this seems to work okay when you MF level is low but this is a really expensive way of getting your luck up there. Just to check I tried it and it cost me 3 gold to get 1/4 of a MF% at 224%

It’s fast but it’s very expensive and that was with quite favourable dust prices. I would only recommend this if you are planning to sell some ectos. It’s the TP listing price that kills this as a cheap method.

Well duh. The amount of luck needed for the next level goes up every level until 218 and then it’s 30K per level. That’s around 300 Ectos worth. At 4-5c per point, that’s around 14g per level at current prices in Sandpit’s case. Of course 30K EoL will get you into the 60s if you’re new.

And I think the conversion rate is closer to 1.8 than 2 for ecto to dust.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Luck

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Arridath.1087

Don’t worry, I’m not trying to raise the prices. I use this method as well! takes off tinfoil hat

Arridath.1087

Oh, I also made a tutorial for getting way more magic find for quite a kitteneaper.

Best Method For Most Magic Find

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Just when Magic Find came out there were already multiple guides suggesting the exact same thing…. So don’t worry about your ecto-prices.

I’m pretty sure when MF first became a thing, you couldn’t salvage Ectos.

Ectos became salvageable for a variety of reasons later (and one of them was an alternate method to boost MF). I’m unsure of the dates, but I’m POSITIVE you couldn’t salvage Ectos for quite a while after MF became an account wide stat.

But you are correct that this method has been out in the wild for a long time and was not a secret so I wouldn’t worry to much about this post and Ecto prices.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Ectos became salvageable for a variety of reasons later (and one of them was an alternate method to boost MF). I’m unsure of the dates, but I’m POSITIVE you couldn’t salvage Ectos for quite a while after MF became an account wide stat.

But you are correct that this method has been out in the wild for a long time and was not a secret so I wouldn’t worry to much about this post and Ecto prices.

Ectos were made salvageable into Crystalline Dust to relieve the lack of supply caused by the patch that fixed the Lyssa farm nearly 2 years back. It had nothing to do with Magic Find.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: metaldude.4132

metaldude.4132

Trick or treat bags also do the trick nicely (Besides the junk you get from it )

Sharpen your justice. Dust off resolve. Brace your courage. The Guardian dragonhunter approaches.

Arridath.1087

Trick or treat bags also do the trick nicely (Besides the junk you get from it )

What do they drop? Is it items and luck?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Ectos were made salvageable into Crystalline Dust to relieve the lack of supply caused by the patch that fixed the Lyssa farm nearly 2 years back. It had nothing to do with Magic Find.

Just looked it up.

Ecto salvage was introduced in June 2013 to help with Ecto and Dust prices.
MF was introduced in Sep 2013
(so you were right in one respect)

However, Ectos did NOT generate luck essence when salvaged util some time afterward (to give an additional source for Luck), so that was where my confusion came from.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: Goose.8195

Goose.8195

On a previous post I was reading a Dev actually commented on the number of ectos that had been salvaged during the week. It was over 800k (this was a few weeks ago).

It was on a thread where someone was complaining that they salvaged multiple stacks of ectos and got something like 1.25 dust per salvage instead of the average ~1.77.

[BBN] Big and Beautiful Norns
You dont have to be one to love one.