Easy ways to get gold/exp?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Humonculus.5892

Humonculus.5892

So I am lvl 38 and I still haven’t made enough money for the rest of my cultural gear+ I have my lvl 40 cultural weapon to get soon. Anyone know a way to get some decent gold? Hopefully to have enough by 40.

Posted by: WasAGuest.4973

WasAGuest.4973

Would love an answer to this as well. Each time I had enough coin to buy any culture set, I was ten or more levels over it’s “useful” stage. If it were just the skin I was buying, it certainly isn’t worth the cost either; so, I sit at level 80 still looking like a bum. /shrug

Posted by: ZannX.4058

ZannX.4058

The simple answer is that cultural armor is poorly designed on a stat level. You were never meant to get it at the “right time”. By the time you did enough things to get the gold, you’ve out classed it stat wise. If like the looks, go for it at any level.

Posted by: PPson.7042

PPson.7042

I think its pretty much there as re-skin food/ twink gear, not many people are gonna have enough to get it at 40 on their first character.

Seiz – 80 Human Thief
Representing Terribad (TBad)

Posted by: Lasarith.6193

Lasarith.6193

I Just turned 50 and had 1G 72, after spending the 1G on my skillbook, and about 3 pices of lev 50 gear from the TP, i have 26s to my name,

im Hopeing the lev 50 area will be Good for £,

IF you whant Good Xp Fight mobs 2-3 levs Above you

Posted by: Plunder.8195

Plunder.8195

I almost finished my cultural Tier 1 armor at level 36.
The key for me was to sell a lot of crafting materials in the TP. Especially copper and Jute scraps sell for a very good price. I just ran through queensdale and killed as much as I could to get all kind of decent sell-able drops =)

Some thought provoking quote

Posted by: Kongming.6497

Kongming.6497

Step 1: Dont take part in the crafting system.
Step 2: Salvage all armor/weapons and gather everything you see.
Step 3: Sell every crafting material on the marketplace. Including all dyes (they average just over 5 silver on my server). Heck you can make a small fortune farming humanoids for Jute…

Do that and money is overflowing, I have almost 2 gold on my level 17 elementalist and near 3 on my level 23 ranger and im not even trying hard.

Posted by: Tallenn.9218

Tallenn.9218

Best ways to make money are first to save it.

Don’t buy gear while leveling up. In each zone you go to, check the heart vendor after you complete each heart. They will have some gear that is generally really good for your level, and karma cost is MUCH lower than the karma vendors in the main cities. You may also find some really nice skins on some of them.

Vendor your whites, greens and blues (at least until you are getting level 70+ drops, then some of them will be worth salvaging).

Finally, don’t craft. I know, sounds crazy, right? But is the goal is more money, not crafting and selling your mats will earn you money (for some mats, a LOT of money), while crafting will just cost you money. Now, if you want to craft for the experience gain, it may be worth it, but if you have dreams of crafting things and listing them for sale, you are going to be disappointed.

Posted by: Humonculus.5892

Humonculus.5892

I almost finished my cultural Tier 1 armor at level 36.
The key for me was to sell a lot of crafting materials in the TP. Especially copper and Jute scraps sell for a very good price. I just ran through queensdale and killed as much as I could to get all kind of decent sell-able drops =)

That sounds pretty good. I wish I had that much gold but I have barely had over 1g by that time.