Ectos and the best ways to get them

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: hahawinner.5273

hahawinner.5273

As the title says, ectos and the best ways to get them; Just wanna know how to get them(I know from salvaging items but I have no idea what to salvage i.e. whites, greens, ect) and the best ways to get them. Any help would be great ^^;

Posted by: Kashien.6278

Kashien.6278

Dungeons for the most part. Grab yourself a couple of lv 80 yellows, and then use the tokens you get to get exotic gear which you can then salvage.

Thats what I do. 3 Ac runs a day pretty much, yields about 2gold doing dungeon, and about 1 gold selling the blues and greens, and then salvaging the yellows gives me ectos, as well as turning in the tokens, 207 potential tokensX 7- 1400 Tokens a week. meaning 10+ exotic armor peices to salvage.

Genuine friendship will endure any competition or dispute
Anbringehr-Human Guardian
My Build The Legendary Defender

Posted by: TheUnNamedHero.4167

TheUnNamedHero.4167

Salvaging level 70+ rares and exotics will drop 0-3 for rares and 0-5 for exotics. If you can, try to get metal gear to salvage as it can drop Orichalcum.

2012 Halloween Tower Champion
The Lost Shores should have stayed lost.

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Magic find food and a Magic find armor set if you can afford to sacrifice some points in a trait. Magic find guild banners and three day buffs help also. All those things stack.

Then Fractals of the Mist. Monsters there seem to have a higher drop rate for rares than usual and chests at the end of each also has a good chance of dropping rares. On more than a few occasions I have gotten 3 yellow items our of five from the final boss fight at the end of even numbered runs.

Finally black lion or mystic salvage kits have a better chance of scoring between 1-3 ectos from salvaging rares that are lvl 70 or higher.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

hahawinner.5273

I’m assuming I should use a Mystic, Perfect, or Master salvage kit for this right? And for the Mystic salvage kit, I believe that would be made with Journey, Fine and Master salvage kits in the forge along with 3 Mystic Forge Stone?

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Yes. That’s what I use anyways.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: LithePanther.5027

LithePanther.5027

I would use Black Lion.

It has the best chance of getting you ectos AND the runes (especially from exotics) because exotic runes can sell for just as much if not more then the armor piece itself would.

Might as well go for the extra money, no?

80 Guardian. 80 Warrior. 80 Thief. 80 Engineer. 80 Necromancer. 80 Ranger.

hahawinner.5273

Well I’ll use the Black Lion since I have a few of those from map completions and hopefully by the time I run out of Black Lions I can make a few Mystics(since those have a 250 stack).

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i want to say i only use Black Lion when the rune / sigil can sell for quite a bit on their own. : )) if not, i just use mystic. at the same time though, if you have Black Lions to spare, why not lol

and good luck!!

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

Quick note: unless you already have Mystic Forge Stone lying about, the cost of Mystic Salvage Kits is on the rise due to Gem prices. The last analysis I’ve seen tallied the Master Salvage Kits to be cheaper than Mystic Salvage Kits, if you bought the Mystic Forge Stones with gold.

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Keep in mind the Mystic salvage kits have an 80% chance of rune/sigil recovery, while the Black Lion kits have 100% …

Some runes sell for well over 4g on the TP, so you do not want to risk the 20% failure chance on these. It is best to have both …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver