Efficient way to acquire gold?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Gamer Guy.5182

Gamer Guy.5182

Coming back after a long break and I need some gold to update my char. What are some efficient ways to farm up some gold nowadays? I assume alot has kittenanged since I was gone :P

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Champion farming(with a group) is probably the most efficient right now but depending on how much gold you need and how much time per day you have there might be better options.

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Actually, the most efficient way is to do a couple of hours overtime at your day job, buy some gems and convert to gold.

Minimum wage (UK) is £6.20 so say 2 hours = £13 = roughly 1300 gold.
How long would it take you to farm that?

Posted by: izze.3284

izze.3284

£13 = roughly 1300 gold → guess thats a typo.
I think you will get roughly 1300 gems for that £13 which will result at the current exchange rate in ~35-40g depending on the gem-gold convert-rate.

[SWAG]Izze
Frostfang, Howler, 2x Sunrise, Predator, Kamohoali’ Kotaki

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Whatever – last time I looked it was around 100g for £1 (x months ago )
Even so, if efficiency is your ultimate goal – it beats any other method by orders of magnitude.

BtW – I am joking of course. (Before somebody starts to get upset)

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

It’s $35 for 103 gold. I checked it when I bought gems last night, and sorry I only know in US currency :p

The frostgorge champ farm is a good way, but that gets boring quickly. I make about 5-6 gold per night (more if I find exotics to sell), starting from reset time and going 5 hours: kill tequatl, kill world bosses, and run 2-3 dungeons. You didn’t say how much gold you need, but this is a lot more fun than running the champ loop.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

The safest way to make gold is doing dungeons, champ farming, or world bosses.

A riskier but faster way is to flip items on the trading post. You can do both short term and long term investments.

The fastest way would be to be rich and buy gems.

RIP in peace Robert