Ele for dungeons?

Ele for dungeons?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Sarahxx.5378

Sarahxx.5378

So i’ve heard eles are pretty good at dungeons… And i’ve figured out a build but haven’t quite tested it yet. I was wondering if this build could work for dungeons (you know, before buying the whole thing) also i’m a new player, just trying to figure everything out
Knight’s armor (head, coat, legs)
Berserker’s armor (shoulders, gloves, boots)
w/ berserker trinkets
two berserker daggers
0/15/10/15/30
please help me out and give me tips anything would help thanks:D

Ele for dungeons?

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Ele for dungeons?

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

Why are you running zerk gear with defensive traits? reminds me of those you find in pugs, who claim are zerk but just range everything (don’t ask why). I don’t think you should need more than 10 in Arcana, that’s just for a d/f build. I currently run the standard 30/10/10/20 and thats just to stack might/fury. If you are the only ele in group or are pug’ing it, it’s a good build. D/D has good burst but not much survivability for dungeons, I only use them as stacking weps. There are good builds for either D/F or S/D depending on what you need, here’s a good guide:

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Ele for dungeons?

Posted by: Sam Calaway.5894

Sam Calaway.5894

elementalists are really good at stacking might, which makes all fights much easier.
The frost bow and fiery greatsword make some boss fights stupid easy, if your team stacks against a wall or corner and use ice bow 4 (Icestorm) followed by casting fgs 3 pointing to a wall, then 4 also turned to a wall (but you should have no enemy targeted for this skill so it does a rush instead of a leap).

You should try using Icestorm on static objects you need to destroy, ac burrows for example.

Among many other examples, elementalists are a really good dungeon class imo.