Empyreal Fragments difficult to farm?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: SHMAXOLIN.8675

SHMAXOLIN.8675

Q:

I’ve been farming materials for ascended gear and I’m now stumped. I have encountered a problem; I’m running out of empyreal fragments. My main source of farming is WvW (mainly EoTM). I have a plentiful amount of dragonite ore and bloodstone dust. I would like to know if I need to farm else where, or confirmation that yes, empyreal fragments are difficult to farm.

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

A:

Doing chest run in silverwastes is a very good way of getting more than you’ll ever need.
The guild trader in guild hall also sometime have a bag of 50 for 1 commendation.

(edited by Haishao.6851)

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

There are many sources of EF’s and they are not hard to get at all.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Empyreal_Fragment#Acquisition

The Burninator

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

They do seem to drop less frequently than bloodstone dust & dragonite. I’ve gotten as many as 25 from jump puzzle chests and you might also look into Silverwastes chest runs as a source.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

People always fall into one of two camps regarding ascended mats:

• Those who have far too many.
  • Those who have too few.

The difference is nearly always due to the person’s preferred content/farms and/or preferred shinies.

Those with too few are always looking for ways to farm them… quickly. Those with too many keep asking for more eaters/sinks or nerfs to the drop rates.

There’s never going to be a happy medium, since even the same person can find themself running short just after using an eater for 3 months straight to get rid of their surplus.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Well, WvW isn’t bad with the reward tracks. Try opening Airship Cargo in Verdant Brink.

Also, get this:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ley-Energy_Matter_Converter

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

I got tons of bloodstone and dragonite from lake doric and bitterfrost, but only 2 stacks of emp

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I get enough of them but unsure where, unlike bloodstone dust which I know drops from world bosses even before direct mining.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Tharnaron.2967

Tharnaron.2967

If you open up a chest (I forget what the minimum “title” of the chest has to be) with a level 80 toon you will get the fragments you need and you can do it with multiple 80 toons.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I don’t think there is a lower chest “title.” I used to run my level 80s through the 6 Queensdale chests and the chests in Wayfarer’s and Plains of Ashford with my level 80s to get Empyreal Fragments. You can get a decent/ok amount by running multiple level 80s to those chests and no special keys or shovels are required. Time consuming though.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.