Engi or Ranger?

Engi or Ranger?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: BlazingBeast.3104

BlazingBeast.3104

So..i recently decided to make a new character but i am between the two!So..what should i choose(keep in mind i want them mostly for wvw/pve content)?

Engi or Ranger?

Posted by: thomasgjkgwdn.4760

thomasgjkgwdn.4760

my pve perspective:

ranger: easy way to 80.

engineer: more group options for dungeons.

Engi or Ranger?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

For WvW I use my engineer, for everything else I use my ranger, so if enjoy WvW a bit more I’ll suggest eng, otherwise go ranger.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Engi or Ranger?

Posted by: HailTheKing.8176

HailTheKing.8176

Ranger If u ask me alot of fun and really good in pvp If u know what your doing Cheers mate and GL with the leveling hope i was to any help !

Engi or Ranger?

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Ranger is totaly boring, Engi is amazing fun:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Engi or Ranger?

BlazingBeast.3104

hmm…if i go engi,any tips on where to set my f1- 4 skills?

Engi or Ranger?

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

My main is a ranger. I would suggest going with the engineer……don’t get me wrong, the ranger is a ton of fun….but the engineer is probably a bit more versatile.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Engi or Ranger?

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

hmm…if i go engi,any tips on where to set my f1- 4 skills?

Personaly QERT

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Engi or Ranger?

Posted by: Gunsnroll.2657

Gunsnroll.2657

my pve perspective:

ranger: easy way to 80.

engineer: more group options for dungeons.

Or not.

Ranger are in the optimal team for speedrun. Engi are scrubs.

Engi or Ranger?

Posted by: Asacledhae.2650

Asacledhae.2650

Having played both classes already, i can easily tell you that both classes are worth your time. I speak from PvE aspect myself, as WvW is something my PC can’t handle.

The Ranger is more straightforward with his gameplay, as he has the classic “weapon switching” feature, and amazing skills/traits to follow. He’s fun, deadly, quick, and of course you have a controllable pet you can name with you, and can gather a whole bunch of them. Including moas! If you like carrying bows, swords and having a pet that “steals” debuffs from you (with the right trait), this is definitely a choice for you.

The engineer is trickier to play, as you can’t switch your main weapon, and the choices you have there are somewhat limited. However! You can carry weapon kits with you, that provide a unique experience, and replace your main weapon skils. Including flamethrowers, bombs, grenades, tool kits, poison rifles and many more. Kits you can change freely without cooldowns, if you keep them among your skills. Plus, you can lay turrets. So if carrying guns, rifles and weird weaponry is your thing, i would recommend going for the engineer.

The reasons we love the new downgra…..er….feature patch :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqJlKjwrKB4

(edited by Asacledhae.2650)

Engi or Ranger?

BlazingBeast.3104

Personaly QERT

Having QERT for the F skills where the utilities should go?( i don thave a gamin gmouse to put my weap skills in there and utilities 1-5 so..)

Having played both classes already, i can easily tell you that both classes are worth your time. I speak from PvE aspect myself, as WvW is something my PC can’t handle.

The Ranger is more straightforward with his gameplay, as he has the classic “weapon switching” feature, and amazing skills/traits to follow. He’s fun, deadly, quick, and of course you have a controllable pet you can name with you, and can gather a whole bunch of them. Including moas! If you like carrying bows, swords and having a pet that “steals” debuffs from you (with the right trait), this is definitely a choice for you.

The engineer is trickier to play, as you can’t switch your main weapon, and the choices you have there are somewhat limited. However! You can carry weapon kits with you, that provide a unique experience, and replace your main weapon skils. Including flamethrowers, bombs, grenades, tool kits, poison rifles and many more. Kits you can change freely without cooldowns, if you keep them among your skills. Plus, you can lay turrets. So if carrying guns, rifles and weird weaponry is your thing, i would recommend going for the engineer.

Well..thing is..i love the way Ranger class is in this game but the inability of the class(so i ’ve heard) to aoe and be weak compaired to other classes is a bit of a turn off!As of engi,i really like the idea and the weapons he provides(going for asura on this one) but its not really my sorta playstyle..but as he seems more versatile than ranger so..

Engi or Ranger?

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

Engineers with rifles are good for jumping puzzles.

Engi or Ranger?

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I know I told you that my opinion was engi over ranger, even though I play a ranger. However, after experimenting with a new trait setup and weapon loadout, I have to say that a melee ranger with greatsword and sword/horn absolutely rocks in small group setups. Have been trying it out in PvP for a few days, now, and even though I am not completely comfortable with the weaps and their associated keys, he can hold his own and kill effectively in small group battles. Before, when I was the typical power ranger setup, I was absolute paper, defensively, and had troubles holding my own, even in a 1v1 battle.

With my new setup, I can honestly say that a melee ranger would be great for a small group. As others have said here on the boards, am sure he would be good in a dungeon, especially with spotter.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Engi or Ranger?

Posted by: thomasgjkgwdn.4760

thomasgjkgwdn.4760

the inability of the class(so i ’ve heard) to aoe and be weak compaired to other classes is a bit of a turn off!

you’ve got sword and greatsword for melee cleave.

you’ve got barrage on longbow for an infrequent ranged aoe.

you’ve got axe for autoattack ranged three-hit cleave/aoe.

you’ve got piercing arrows trait (needs proper angle of fire, of course).

you’ve got drakes for pet cleave and F2 skill use aoe (sort of like axe autoattack, but more hits, albeit infrequent).

all in all, i don’t think “bad aoe” is a valid point for rangers, really.

Engi or Ranger?

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

So..i recently decided to make a new character but i am between the two!So..what should i choose(keep in mind i want them mostly for wvw/pve content)?

Well I play both and I’ve gotta say that the options for removing conditions are definitely more promising from a ranger. I also do melee with mine, and there’s nothing better than having multiple options for AOE heals from a pet and your weapon similtaneously. I use the Reef Drake and if you time it right he does his tail swish which sends out two AOE heals from your spring. You can use 1 utility and a trait to pretty much make yourself immune to conditions, and you can use AOE damage fields like crazy.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!