Engineer Gear advice (pve | p/p)

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: kraziyk.6183

kraziyk.6183

Hey

I’m looking for advice on a p lve gear build for an engineer. I do solo a lot,, though not always, I use two pistols, and I’ve been playing around with my traits and general build to find what works best.

I’m just looking for possible advice on gear or link to another post that gives advice as I’m sure this has been asked before.

Thanks for the help.

Slyvari Engineer | Scarlet Mara

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You may be aware of it already but this Wiki page lists all the possible stat combinations: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attribute_combinations

It’s a useful starting point because it lets you know what’s out there so you don’t end up choosing a combination that doesn’t exist (like when I decided condi/power/toughness would be great for my ranger).

Be aware that 4 attribute equipment and some of the newer 3 attribute sets are much more time consuming and expensive to get. I picked a 4 attribute set for my thief, thinking it wouldn’t be too bad because I already had 3 level 80s (4 if you count the one I used the booster on) and many crafts over 400, but even so it was complicated and expensive. Once I worked out how to get it I was tempted to give up and mix and match 3 attribute pieces to get the same effect, but I wanted to give it a go.

As for what to pick pistols are a condition weapon so (unless you spend most of your time using kits) something that boosts condition damage would probably be a good idea.

You may want to go full “glass cannon” (all damage stats), which allows you to kill things faster or you may want some toughness or vitality if you’re not confident relying on active defenses like dodging to keep you alive.

Also I tend to think if you’re not sure about a 3rd stat power is a safe choice because no matter what your build does it will deal damage.

I went with rabid (condi/power/toughness) on my pistol engineer, but I don’t know if that’s considered a good choice or not.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: kraziyk.6183

kraziyk.6183

Thanks for the input Danikat, big help.

Slyvari Engineer | Scarlet Mara