Engineer Goggles and Thief Bandana

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Hey guys. I play an Engineer, but accidentally deleted my Engineer’s steam punk goggles.

Is there any way I can get them back later on in the game, like the monocle via the “Noble” armor set?

Similarly, can I get the Thief’s bandana?

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Do you still have room to create a new character? If so the solution I’ve seen thus far is to transmute the item and then give it to your char in question. Never tried it myself.

Hope that helps.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: OpLickem.8250

OpLickem.8250

I was wondering the same thing and tried it between two characters wearing light armour (a necro and a mesmer). I placed the headpiece of my mesmer in the bank and switched to my necro but the transmutation is not possible from there. I was unable to take the soulbound item of another character from the bank into the inventory of another character. I also tried activating the transmutation stone then opening the bank and dragging the mesmer headpiece in and it just simply wouldn’t let me.

Although I haven’t tried this using someone else’s soulbound items, I would imagine that it applies to them all. The items you transmute either have to be soulbound to you or not soulbound at all.

As for getting a headpiece that looks like goggles later in the game, I’m not sure. The TP is down at the moment so I can’t check there although my guild mates say that you can craft rare medium monocles like the engineer starter ones using leatherworking. I certainly hope the look is available, though!

Bloodcovered Backstabbin’ Blackjack the Blade, at your service.

Posted by: SixSins.7610

SixSins.7610

I had success with this same problem on my Engi. I looked on the TP and found a very similar eyepeice to the one I started with for less than 2 silver. Hope this helps! Just look up headgear and scroll through, I’d limit it to, say… Around levels 1-15 if you can’t find it there try higher levels. Stats don’t matter, go for the cheapest one.

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

Create a new engineer with the thing you want, give yourself the 1s required to buy a level 10 hat from an amour merchant and a transmutation stone via the bank. Buy the new hat, transmute the items and put it back in the bank – done.

I’ve done this so my thief has a hood, myguardian now has the symbol hat and pauldrons, and even tried giving them a warrior flange helm (it works, but looks bad anyway).

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Create a new engineer with the thing you want, give yourself the 1s required to buy a level 10 hat from an amour merchant and a transmutation stone via the bank. Buy the new hat, transmute the items and put it back in the bank – done.

I’ve done this so my thief has a hood, myguardian now has the symbol hat and pauldrons, and even tried giving them a warrior flange helm (it works, but looks bad anyway).

I’ve been wondering if doing that works. I’ll have to try it so my newest engineer has both backpack and monocle.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: beam.6841

beam.6841

This has not worked for me, the item becomes soulbound. I am trying to give my engie the hood. Maybe that is impossible?

EDIT: Never mind it says soulbound but you can still pull it out of the bank. Thanks!

(edited by beam.6841)