Every class has a way of cancelling a stomp as soon as they get downed...

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: DeathCrayon.5802

DeathCrayon.5802

Except Elementalists.

We have to wait 6 seconds before we can use Vapour Form.

Warriors have a knockdown.
Thieves have stealth/teleport.
Mesmers have the clone/stealth
Engineers have a knock back and a pull.
Necromancers have fear.
Guardians have a PBAoE knockback.
Rangers can get pet skills which can interrupt stomps, and can use their pet to revive them.

What do we get? Vapor Form. Which by the time we can use, we have already been stomped.

Posted by: Nisshoku.3479

Nisshoku.3479

And? It’s rare that it does anything more than delay

DeathCrayon.5802

And? It’s rare that it does anything more than delay

It gives your team a chance to assist you?

It might be useless to you but in organized tournament games, good stomp denial and teamwork is crucial.

Posted by: Wykydtron.2516

Wykydtron.2516

Wait what? Armor of Earth is stabilization. Arcane Shield blocks an attack outright. Staff gets Gust of wind. Focus offhand gets Gale. 5 options. 3 defensive 2 offensive. Ele has some of best personal defensive moves I’ve seen. Not to mention kiting. We have slows/cripples and 2 immobilization moves(shockwave and Signet of Earth).
Also Vapor Form/Armor of Earth/Arcane Shield are instantaneous(cantrips). If you get knocked down when you go to use its because you weren’t fast enough. It’s not because it activated slowly.
I wrote a whole thing up on the forums i frequent about why I like staff ele so much.
http://www.stompfest.com/forum/showthread.php?31291-Tips-and-Tricks%28Classes-Dungeons-etc%29

DeathCrayon.5802

Wait what? Armor of Earth is stabilization. Arcane Shield blocks an attack outright. Staff gets Gust of wind. Focus offhand gets Gale. 5 options. 3 defensive 2 offensive. Ele has some of best personal defensive moves I’ve seen. Not to mention kiting. We have slows/cripples and 2 immobilization moves(shockwave and Signet of Earth).
Also Vapor Form/Armor of Earth/Arcane Shield are instantaneous(cantrips). If you get knocked down when you go to use its because you weren’t fast enough. It’s not because it activated slowly.
I wrote a whole thing up on the forums i frequent about why I like staff ele so much.
http://www.stompfest.com/forum/showthread.php?31291-Tips-and-Tricks%28Classes-Dungeons-etc%29

I don’t think you understand what I mean.
I’m talking about downed skills.
As in, when you’re already downed, every other profession has a way to deny the enemy from stomping them, but Elementalists don’t.

Posted by: Wykydtron.2516

Wykydtron.2516

I posted that and went through some other threads and realized you meant stomping as in finishing moves in pvp. My bad.