Excessive lag lately?

Excessive lag lately?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

Has anyone else been getting excessive lag lately? I know it’s not my internet cause I’ve done multiple ping tests and speed tests and it’s completely fine. People appear to be rubbing banding to me and my skills have been slow activation. It’s been like this for about a month now. It doesn’t happen all the time but very often.

Certified Gameaholic

Excessive lag lately?

Posted by: Belial.1478

Belial.1478

Yup, I’ve been having issues since the April 1st patch. Although after I tweaked some graphics settings and the huge rush of people doing SAB died down a bit, it improved. Now it only strikes at huge gatherings of players.

Excessive lag lately?

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

Since the patch, I’ve noticed a jump in lag. Normally I get a ping of 70-90ms, but since the patch I keep seeing it spike to 280.

Excessive lag lately?

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

in dungeons I’ve recently been getting periods of lag (dominating a boss, then everything stops for several seconds, then I’m dead). but when I get it, no one else is getting it. I assumed it was just me. in the ~6 months I’ve been playing, this is one of 2 short time periods I’ve ever seen lag.

Excessive lag lately?

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

I don’t have any lag.=s

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Excessive lag lately?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I haven’t noticed any lag.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Excessive lag lately?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It seems somewhat random. I am in the US playing on a EU server. I have a friend in the same city(but different ISP) playing on the same server and same map. While the game is working perfectly fine for me there is an unplayable lag for him. At the same time another friend who is in London and on the same server is ALSO experiencing extremely bad lag. None of that actually makes any sense.

Excessive lag lately?

Posted by: BunnytheSwordsman.4173

BunnytheSwordsman.4173

I was experiencing it pretty badly earlier today. I can normally run the mega-boss events just fine, but the lag was awful. On top of that, the sounds it made the game make sounded a bit demonic.

It also felt like it spiked greatly whenever there was an enemy nearby. I know my computer isn’t this bad, because it ran perfectly before today.

Excessive lag lately?

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Mega lag, random disconnects to character select, and occasional client crashes since the March patch. The April patch made the problems even more frequent.

Excessive lag lately?

Posted by: eXs.6210

eXs.6210

I have fastest internet I could get from Comcast… don’t have a problem with it at all… but ever since March patch I’ve been getting lag in dungeons a bit… it’s still playable but just sometimes something happens to it… never used to happen for me before…

Excessive lag lately?

Posted by: zero.5317

zero.5317

I get the odd 1 or 2 second spike where everything apart from the animations and music seems to pause before it catches back up to itself. It’s not common enough to be a huge problem though (shows perhaps once or twice in an hour of gaming).

I do have one prominent issue however and that is with the delay between hitting a key and seeing the effects on screen. Take my Greatsword Warrior as an example and assume he is out of battle with nothing else getting in the way of results: I hit “2” on the keyboard to activate the Hundred Blades skill and there is a half-second pause between that key press and the animation starting on the screen. To me it feels like pulling the trigger on a gun and seeing the bullet fire half a second later. It should be practically simultaneous but it feels unresponsive. The same thing happens for dodging/rolling too, in fact anything which involves the character doing something.