Expansion jobs char slots?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

How many characters are we allowed to make? One for each job the game offers? When the expansion comes out will we be allowed to make more characters per account? Assuming there are more jobs coming.

I also post on guildwars2guru.

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

You can make as many characters as you have slots. Five by default, but you can have up to… 64, I think, characters in total per account.

Each character can have up to two active crafting professions, but can learn them all. It just costs a few silver to switch between them.
Unless you mean class, and then the answer is as above: As many as you have slots. Not sure which one you’re talking about, to be honest ô.O

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

We don’t know yet if the game will give us another character slot when the expansion arrives. They haven’t said.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: BattleCat.2098

BattleCat.2098

I checked the trading post thing, and it has an item that will allow us to learn another profession pr character, and it’s account wide (as far as I can tell.) Does this mean that if I have three characters and buy it, I can now learn three more professions? (one for each character?)

Also, keep in mind the crafting stash is account wide, so if you put something in there as Character 1, Character 2 can use it directly from the stash. Quite handy, that one.

Red Queen.7915

“Additional Crafting License: Increase the number of active crafting disciplines all characters on your account can have at one time. "

So I guess it gives every character a third crafting option.
(And I’m still not entirely certain whether OP meant crafting or actual professions/classes…^^)

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

By the way, there seems to be no cap for character slots. I heard of a guy who made several hundred characters and is still able to buy more slots.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

By the way, there seems to be no cap for character slots. I heard of a guy who made several hundred characters and is still able to buy more slots.

He probably has more than one account.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Character_Slot_Expansion
There is a limit of 64 character slots on a Guild Wars 2 account.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

or he deleted and remade alot of characters

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

I meant more free slots if we get more classes.

I also post on guildwars2guru.

Posted by: Drakth.1875

Drakth.1875

“Additional Crafting License: Increase the number of active crafting disciplines all characters on your account can have at one time. "

So I guess it gives every character a third crafting option.
(And I’m still not entirely certain whether OP meant crafting or actual professions/classes…^^)

Yes, it will add an active new crafting option. I think the max is… 4? I cant remember.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

There are several posts around the forum from a player that has the Max slots (either 64 or 63….can’t recall) asking for the limit to be raised. His argument is that there are 80 (soon to be 90?) possible combos (race / sex / profession) available but only 64/63 slots.

All I can say is my Alt-a-holism is much less pronounced…..

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Yes, through the gem store you can expand crafting to 4 active for each character.

Similarly, you can expand bank storage to 1500 per material. Stacks just sitting in the bank are still limited to 250, though. Too bad.

There’s also a guy boasting of 30(!) accounts.

Red Queen.7915

Well, if he bought the accounts on sale, it was cheaper than buying new character slots^^

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

DeanBB.4268

True, but if he got all 29 while on sale, that’s still $290! (assuming American dollars, not sure about Europe/euro cost)

Red Queen.7915

Considering that I blew more than 300€ on Sims games alone, that doesn’t sound so expensive anymore…^^

And I purposely refrained from keeping track of how much cash I spent on gems here. Considering I don’t have to pay a subscription fee (around… 400€ so far which I did not have to spend, going by the usual 12,99/month), I can just as well have some fun with shiny stuff from the shop. It’s still less than what I used to spend on books and DVDs a few years back, so no guilt here

And sure as hell no guilt for flaunting my fabulous wings

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

DeanBB.4268

Agreed. Money spent on GW2 is much less than many other hobbies. And hours of entertainment/dollar spent is quite high. Plus, I’m a “one game at a time” kind of guy, so am not out buying other games while playing this one.