Experienced help?

Experienced help?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: slaughterfest.6250

slaughterfest.6250

I just started playing again, I mostly played GW1, but everytime I get a character past lvl 13, I end up to low level for all the quests and I everything my level or lower is completed.on both my Human Guardian lvl 15,human necro lvl 18. is that common on the human starting area? how do I get past that?

Bane Of The Legions (80 Reaper)
Duke Vindictae (80 Chronomancer)
Pain is temporary, Regret is forever.

Experienced help?

Posted by: Solkard.5136

Solkard.5136

It is common if you aren’t catching any of the dynamic events along with the area quests. You can always go to the starting area of another race and do the quests there.

Experienced help?

Posted by: Ridley.3691

Ridley.3691

Aye, if you don’t do huge amounts of events, that’ll happen. You can either do a bunch of events in that zone, or move on and do another low level zone.

Experienced help?

Posted by: slaughterfest.6250

slaughterfest.6250

I try to catch all the dynamic events, I also just do the quests 1-5 before I start the storyline, I doubt that effects it but can it? but ill hop over and do anothers questline

Bane Of The Legions (80 Reaper)
Duke Vindictae (80 Chronomancer)
Pain is temporary, Regret is forever.

Experienced help?

Posted by: Solkard.5136

Solkard.5136

You only have your own story questline. Hopping over to another zone will just let you do the area “hearts” with enemies relative to your current level.

Experienced help?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

You can also explore the 6 cities for a boost in level. Mostly, though, you want to explore, craft, gather, work on hearts, and do any dynamic event you spot. The hearts are there to guide you to areas to level in, not to be the main course.

Experienced help?

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

There is more than enough content in this game to level a character to 80 and still have only done less than half of it.

The hearts are only there to get people started who’re used to the ‘quest’ mechanic from other MMOs and need something to get started.
The dynamic events are key.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/68031-gw2-1-80-dynamic-events-mostly/

You can also level through WvW.

Experienced help?

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

There are five different level 1-15 maps. If you haven’t reached level 15 yet, I’d suggest moving to another starter zone.

There are four different level 15-25 maps. If you haven’t reached level 25 yet, I’d suggest moving to another one of these maps for more level appropriate content.

Just go to your home city, find the portal to Lion’s Arch and take it. From there you can take a portal to every other city in Tyria and outside of each city are the starter zones.

Experienced help?

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

Simple!

Keep an eye on your character’s level. Remain in zones—any zones— within your character’s level, (+/- 1), killing mobs and completing events. Alternatively, or at the same time, spend some time crafting to boost your levels as much as you need before entering new zones at higher levels.

If you don’t like killing mobs, exploring & completing events or crafting, you’re pooched. After all, that’s what this game is all about.