Experts, Please fix my Warrior

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: SkyFierce.2071

SkyFierce.2071

Hello Experts
Please fix my warrior. From day one I started playing my warrior I found my warrior is very fragile, died most times than any other my characters, and DSP always lame. Now my Warrior is L80 with most rare and exotic gears, still fund it’s easily killed by a just L15 Harpy in Plains of Ashford.

I did comparisons. My Warrior can only stand 5-6 hits from a L15 Harpy in Plains of Ashford, all my other characters, like L80 ranger, l30 engineer, l45 revenant , they all can stand more than 12 hits. And on offence. My Warrior used a L80 exotic hammer, need some 6-8 hits with hammer skills to kill a L15 Harpy, while my l40 revenant used a l30 green hammer can easily kill the same Harpy in 2-3 hits, hammer skill 2, 1 then maybe another 1.

So I must have done something seriously wrong with my warrior. It’s gears major focused on toughness, vitality and power, most are rare or exotic, few green accessories. I mean I know I am not a expert on character build by any means, but it cannot be that bad, while all my other characters can run freely in Ashford, my L80 warrior has to always away from a l15 foe.

Who can please help me, tell me how to fix my warrior. I don’t want spend money to buy legendary gears, I just want my warrior like a normal OK warrior, can stand and fight in close combats, not always runs for life.

Thanks.

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

Did you set your traits / trinkets ?

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

What’s your gear/traits? Also Hammer not the best for DPS.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

Please understand that the zones are auto-leveling you. So, fighting a level 15 harpy, you also will be level 15 or thereabouts.

The thing you want to do next is get your armor and weapons focused on certain attributes. A lot of people like “berserker” armor, which adds bonuses to your power, precision, and ferocity, so I’ll use that as an example, pretending that that’s what you’re going to focus on. However, use whatever you want; the key is to make all the pieces match.

To make a full build, get armor that is berserker armor, weapons that also are, and the add-ons likewise berserker (runes and sigils).

Once you have all-matching equipment, you should expect dramatically higher power, precision, and ferocity. So, you’ll do a lot of damage quickly, critically hitting a lot.

HOWEVER, to do that, you gave up on healing power, vitality, and toughness (among other things). So, you can’t expect to stay in fights very long if there are a lot of enemies.

It’s a trade-off. Pick the stats you want to improve, then find armor and weapons that improve those stats. Toughness improves your armor, thus reducing damage you take. Vitality gives you more hit points. Power increases the base damage of strikes you deliver. Precision increases your chance of getting a critical hit.

Go to the wiki and look up all the stats you can improve (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attribute). Then find armor and weapons that matches the ones you like best.

You can craft a significant number of sets (by set I mean a set of 3-attributes that are improved), like berserker and carrion. But, there are many more available only by adventuring or the trading post.

SkyFierce.2071

Did you set your traits / trinkets ?

I set trait, defence and offence

SkyFierce.2071

Please understand that the zones are auto-leveling you. So, fighting a level 15 harpy, you also will be level 15 or thereabouts.

The thing you want to do next is get your armor and weapons focused on certain attributes. A lot of people like “berserker” armor, which adds bonuses to your power, precision, and ferocity, so I’ll use that as an example, pretending that that’s what you’re going to focus on. However, use whatever you want; the key is to make all the pieces match.

To make a full build, get armor that is berserker armor, weapons that also are, and the add-ons likewise berserker (runes and sigils).

Once you have all-matching equipment, you should expect dramatically higher power, precision, and ferocity. So, you’ll do a lot of damage quickly, critically hitting a lot.

HOWEVER, to do that, you gave up on healing power, vitality, and toughness (among other things). So, you can’t expect to stay in fights very long if there are a lot of enemies.

It’s a trade-off. Pick the stats you want to improve, then find armor and weapons that improve those stats. Toughness improves your armor, thus reducing damage you take. Vitality gives you more hit points. Power increases the base damage of strikes you deliver. Precision increases your chance of getting a critical hit.

Go to the wiki and look up all the stats you can improve (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attribute). Then find armor and weapons that matches the ones you like best.

You can craft a significant number of sets (by set I mean a set of 3-attributes that are improved), like berserker and carrion. But, there are many more available only by adventuring or the trading post.

understood I level down in Ashford, but my other characters also leveled down, and they did well.
about gear focus, my warrior’s gears most focus on power toughness and vitality, but it is still most easy-to-die one among all my characters. even my rangers and engineers who wear medium armor can take more hits than my warrior. so frustrating

(edited by SkyFierce.2071)

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

Could you perhaps post a screenshot of you armor, skills and traitlines? It’s very hard to help you when we don’t know what you are running. Off the top of my head i can tell you that the best dps weapons for warrior are Greatsword and Axe/Mace. Hammer is more of a control weapon and has bad over dmg and atk speed.

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace

SkyFierce.2071

Could you perhaps post a screenshot of you armor, skills and traitlines? It’s very hard to help you when we don’t know what you are running. Off the top of my head i can tell you that the best dps weapons for warrior are Greatsword and Axe/Mace. Hammer is more of a control weapon and has bad over dmg and atk speed.

General speaking, what’s the guild line for warrior to build defence?

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

More to the point what weapon sets are you using? And you should not really have to build a defense warrior for pve, it really is no trouble for warriors to move in the open world, and especially not the old world. It might be slightly harder in HoT, and you might need more defense there if you find it hard to play.

Also the thing that a lot of players are missing is that you weapon skills on your bar, really are meant to be used as they are described. They are not only numbers but some stun, some fear, some do raw damage, other blocks, and you also activly have to dodge damage. If you for example fighting something and you know this mob will cast a big damage on you, then make sure to interrupt him by using a skill that is doing so, or to dodge when the enemie cast that skill. And if he cast something on the ground, avoid it, never stand in red circles. And i know that is really silly to say, but i still run across so many every day who never avoid damage and then die and they get frustrated about it.

http://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki This page have builds for warriors for all game modes. If you are uncertain what to use then this is a good webside to start on. Later on when you feel comfortable enough you can make changes to skills that works better for you

Posted by: Fenris Amarok.4052

Fenris Amarok.4052

Your issue may be your trinkets, that is, your amulet, rings, earrings and backpack. Other than that, taking defensive traits that work with your gear is very important. I forget exactly what the warrior has so this is a fake example, but a percent of power being added to toughness does nothing if you have kittle power. Stuff like that. Other than that, learning to dodge, kite, interrupt and otherwise crowd control mobs is very important to your health. Warriors arent as tanky as their name implies, so movement and proactive damage avoidance is very important.

Also, you may want to consider taking runes and/or sigils that will benefit a defensive playstyle.

Posted by: Fenris Amarok.4052

Fenris Amarok.4052

Your issue may be your trinkets, that is, your amulet, rings, earrings and backpack. Other than that, taking defensive traits that work with your gear is very important. I forget exactly what the warrior has so this is a fake example, but a percent of power being added to toughness does nothing if you have kittle power. Stuff like that. Other than that, learning to dodge, kite, interrupt and otherwise crowd control mobs is very important to your health. Warriors arent as tanky as their name implies, so movement and proactive damage avoidance is very important.

Also, you may want to consider taking runes and/or sigils that will benefit a defensive playstyle.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

SkyFierce,

Let’s start at the very beginning.
What do you want to accomplish?
What is your preferred fighting style? Do you want to hit hard and fast and get the kill before the enemy really knows you’re there? Or be able to hit like a truck, yet take some blows? What about wearing down your enemy before you go in for the kill? How about providing support for your allies while being able to defend yourself?

Once you figure that out, the next step is getting gear. In all honesty getting lvl 80 exotic gear is not difficult at all. If money is a problem, you can run dungeons for tokens to buy the gear you want. Finding a rune set you want can be expensive, depending on which runes. Accessories and trinkets are also fairly inexpensive.

Finally, learning to play the chosen build(s) is probably the hardest part. Knowing which skills work best with others, when to use X skill, and when to hold off on Y skill until just the right time.

So, answer the first question for us, and we’ll see what we can do!

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”