Exporation sucks.

Exporation sucks.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Rukh.9287

Rukh.9287

So I have been trying to finish off achievements that I’m close to having done. I noticed I was 173/175 on Shiverpeak Explorer, even though I finished by world completion. Weird! I thought, so I did some reading, some VERY CAREFUL map reading and managed to find two jumping puzzles that weren’t showing on my map.

I’ve gone to both now, and upon entering the area they said “Discovered” in the yellow font overlay and now show on my map where they didn’t before.

This leaves me at a grand total of … 173/175.

What the hell am I missing here? Should I be posting to the Bug forum?

(edited by Rukh.9287)

Exporation sucks.

Posted by: Sailsd.9245

Sailsd.9245

You need to find 2 of those white texts naming a subarea of the map.
You can go to the wiki and compare all the shiverpeakmaps with your ingame map to find them.

Exporation sucks.

Posted by: Meow Ren.5382

Meow Ren.5382

You’re likely missing a couple of fuzzy areas that have no hearts/PoIs/waypoints in them…as you discovered, they might be undiscovered JPs.

Two common ones people sometimes miss are in Timberline Falls, lower southeast corner: Lair of the Serpent and Tail of the Coil. I’m not at a computer, so can’t readily link the exact map but you can find them on the wiki.

Good luck!

Exporation sucks.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Exporation sucks.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Yea Shiverpeak is annoying.

The ones I needed were

Dreadgehaunt Clifts – Forsaken Hills which you get to on the opposite side of the map and Tribulation Caverns which you get to from the JP that gets to the Vista in Tribulation Rift.

Lornar’s Pass – Griffonrook Run which you get to from a very well concealed entrance in False Lake.

Timberline Falls – The previously mentioned Tail of the Serpent and Lair of the Coil.

Hope that helps you.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Exporation sucks.

Rukh.9287

The ones I was missing were Griffonrook Run and Tribulation rift, but I discovered both, and now both show white on my map, but as I said, I’m still at 173/175. What gives???

Exporation sucks.

Behellagh.1468

So you brought up each and every map in the Wiki dealing with Shiverpeak and scanned the in game map looking for any blurred area either around the edge of each zone or a blurred area over a hill in the middle as a clue. That’s what I had to do and I did eventually found what I was missing.

Yes it’s annoying but it’s the only way to be sure. You want “been there done that” title don’t you?

RIP City of Heroes

Exporation sucks.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It’s best done with two monitors, or with pen and paper. You bring up a map showing all the white zone names, and compare that to your own map. Or get a patient person to look at a list of all the zones you do have and say what you’re missing, which is how I got Maguuma at last.

The “Been There Done That” is only from 100% completion, unconnected to white-zone finding. You can get the title and gold star even if you don’t have all the Explorations done. I got Maguuma finished months after I got my gold star.

Exporation sucks.

Behellagh.1468

I was full screen windows and toggled back and forth between the wiki map with the browser full screen and the in game map.

RIP City of Heroes

Exporation sucks.

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

If you really want to know true map exploration frustration and pain, go back to Guild Wars 1 and uncover every pixel of the map in all 3 continents.

My eyes bled.

Having said this, it still is frustrating.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Exporation sucks.

Rukh.9287

My question specifically is is there any reason that I’m discovering places I did not see before and my explored isn’t going up???

Exporation sucks.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

If they aren’t white text areas, they don’t count. If they are, you may have a bug to report.

Exporation sucks.

Posted by: Furesy.6935

Furesy.6935

Do you have the Forsaken Halls in Dredgehaunt Cliffs? This was the one I was missing at one point =)