Extremely tired and sad.

Extremely tired and sad.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

I just can’t find a guild in this game.

I’ve been in so many guilds arlready, but it is always the same thing, getting excluded for being a new member, closed groups that won’t run with you, won’t play with you, false advertisement about being friendly and saying that they run dungeons or teach or anything like that.

I’m so tired of losing in PvP non-stop, tired of having to beg for people to show up on my LFG, tired of dungeon groups that rush and don’t give a kitten about each other.

I don’t have friends, so i can only count with random people on the game or with a guild.

How do i find a guild that doesn’t treat new members like garbage?

Do i need to give money to people so they will accept me?

Extremely tired and sad.

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

Start your own?

Extremely tired and sad.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

A common problem I’m afraid for those that didn’t come in with real world friends or an older guild crossing over to this game from another. You might look to smaller guilds just starting up. Those don’t have the established cliques that play together. Maybe start a “dungeon guild”. No rep required, it’s just names of people who are looking for others to regularly do dungeons together. Don’t join guilds that advertise. Ask people who seem friendly about their guild and what it’s like. I know it can be hard to get started. My guild from gw1 fell apart and I’ve been drifting from guild to guild since then.

Good luck.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Extremely tired and sad.

Posted by: XxReddragonxX.8032

XxReddragonxX.8032

you dont even really need a guild, u just need to find some good people to run with. Me and a friend of mine are trying to get to lvl 80 atm. If you want to, you can run with us if you want. We dont mind having another to tag along with us. I never did a dungeon run yet but i want to wait until i reach 80 or get real close for that. Send me a FR and we will run tonight if u want.

Extremely tired and sad.

aophts.9862

Start your own?

I don’t have the resources to do that and i don’t want the responsability too.

Extremely tired and sad.

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

Hello aophts,

I have seen your recruitment posts and as a guild leader that has lead a guild compromised of people that were once complete strangers I just want to offer some advice. I see alot of people that are in your shoes that try to market thenselves in a simular manner.

One of the reasons I choose not to reach out to you as a leader is because how your posts are worded. Very specific and very demanding. It doesn’t seem like you are looking for a community to be a part of but instead are looking for personal party fillers. In one of your seeking posts you even listed a requirement that the guild should run with you everyday.

In my experience people that try to sell themselves in this way have joined many guilds and leave within 48 hours, because they expect instant gradification of what they are looking for and red carpet treatment. And if at any given moment they are not getting exactly what they want and personally invited to runs, there gone. These people are not worth a leaders time.

If this sounds at all familiar to you may need to adjust your expectations, if not I apologize if I offended you. “Friendly” guilds can only meet people half way its up to you to go the other half. You may have a little bit more patience with a new guild and not leave because they arnt engaging you right at that moment. Volunteer for runs even if there are not part of your goals instead of waiting to be personally invited. Engage people in conversation in guild chat or voice server.

Friendship often doesn’t fall in your lap by hitting the join button it takes time and effort in all parties involved. I hope you find this advice helpful. I wish you the best of luck.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

Extremely tired and sad.

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

“Friendly” guilds can only meet people half way its up to you to go the other half. You may have a little bit more patience with a new guild and not leave because they arnt engaging you right at that moment. Volunteer for runs even if there are not part of your goals instead of waiting to be personally invited. Engage people in conversation in guild chat or voice server.

+1

The way I see it is joining a new guild would be about the equivalent of being the ‘new kid’ at school. Give it some time and consciously make the effort to put yourself in a position where people can get to know you.

From a recruiting perspective, the forums are a double-edged sword. Yes, you can use them to advertise yourself, but recruiters can just as easily look at your post history to see how you carry yourself. As Mireles mentioned a lot of your LFG posts are very demanding and tend to be rather impatient. Other than that your non-guild posts tend to be overall negative as well.

Extremely tired and sad.

aophts.9862

My god, demanding? I’m begging to be part of a guild and just discussing about teq and sometimes PvP. Im giving information and not demanding anything, guilds ask a lot about the players, every single one with their appplications and such.

And you think you can harass me and judge me like this? Who do you think you are Mirele? Do you really think you can judge people?

And my complains are not empty about being treated in a bad manner for being a new member AT ALL.

I can’t belive this.