Farming Molten Loadstones?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Is there an area where these can be farmed at all? I’ve been running CoF and on a good run I might get two Molten Cores but no loadstones. Or am I just going to have to deal with farming the gold to buy them?

Thanks.

The Burninator

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

it’s not worth it to farm for materials, farm gold then buy the lodestones from the TP, much faster and more efficient

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

it’s not worth it to farm for materials, farm gold then buy the lodestones from the TP, much faster and more efficient

^^^
Molten cores and lodestones are one of the cheapest available because CoF is so easy to farm so the supply in TP is massive with lots of uncutting.

If I had to recommend a method it would be to do CoF path 1,2 to get the 2 gold. Buy some up along with any you can find while in there and then maybe do a little champion farming if you have no better method to get gold. The bags have a chance to drop cores and stones at a fairly decent rare. (1-2 cores/lodes per every 10 bags in my experience)
and while you can’t really choice what cores/lodes will drop. its always possible to sell those to buy molten ones.

#ELEtism

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I bought the cores and turned them into lodestones. That will cost skill points but I had ones that were being wasted anyway.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I was afraid that farming the gold would be the answer. Having to use gold isn’t a huge issue to me but I like to farm mats when I can. I imagine those loadstones have to come from some place, and CoF isn’t exactly flowing with them for me, so I thought there might be a group of mobs some place that dropped them. Thanks all for the info.

The Burninator

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

There are ways to get gold that has a 100% chance of getting you gold. There is no such equivalent for getting the items. If drops were implemented in such a way as to avoid streaks then it would be a different.

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I was afraid that farming the gold would be the answer. Having to use gold isn’t a huge issue to me but I like to farm mats when I can. I imagine those loadstones have to come from some place, and CoF isn’t exactly flowing with them for me, so I thought there might be a group of mobs some place that dropped them. Thanks all for the info.

when in doubt check wiki http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Molten_Lodestone

It’s got all the sources on that link

#ELEtism