Farming Ori/AW Nodes with Megaservers

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

Hello Gw2 community,

I recently returned after I quit the game in October last year because of general dissatisfaction with Anet and their updates.
I thought it would be a good idea to get myself some Ascended Weapons and Armor and jump into WvW, so I took a crafting guide and leveled Weaponsmith to 400.
Then I looked through the guide for 400-500 and discovered that I needed a whole lot of Orichalcum, Ancient Wood and Ectoplasma. No problem for me, I already crafted a legendary so I’m familiar with the grind. I ran out into the world and resumed my general schedule of Dungeon running, Meta-event farm and Ori/AW node farming.

Latter didn’t work out well. Before the Megaservers I used to run down the locations of all Ori and AW on every of the 4 maps they exist in with every level 80 character I have, that being 4 at the moment. Now 50% of the locations on the node maps I use are incorrect and I find myself wandering every map checking the different node spots and only finding something at half of them, spending silver for waypoints and wasting precious time.

To the point of this thread:
Is there still an effective way to farm these nodes even with megaservers? Or am I better off just farming the money to buy it all of the TP?

I appreciate every help.

Posted by: Neko Dudley.2495

Neko Dudley.2495

Go to southsun, frostgorge, dry top…, then ask in map chat where the nodes are.

Gate of Madness [MAL] EB
Yarr! I be keeping me pirate runes, Matey. Yarr! You’re welcome. Yarr!

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

You are better off hitting the Orr events that drop a ton of blue/green items and salvaging them for Ancient Wood Logs and Orichalcum Ore.

Hit the nodes for sure, but definitely adjust your expectations towards salvage as the primary source of your base materials.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Eggman.1405

Eggman.1405

Use this website:

http://gw2nodes.com/

When you enter a map, use the /ip command to find out your server address and use this with the website. Note that if you then leave and visit a new zone, don’t assume you’re still on the same server.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Use this website:

http://gw2nodes.com/

When you enter a map, use the /ip command to find out your server address and use this with the website. Note that if you then leave and visit a new zone, don’t assume you’re still on the same server.

This site is typically pretty good, though I often wind up on servers that have no logged data.

You can game the system into placing you on a different /ip using guesting though (you can’t pick where you wind up, but you can use guesting to get it to possibly put you elsewhere).

Server: Devona’s Rest

Justdeifyme.9387

Megaservers made a lot of things easier for sure, but some things a lot more difficult.

I dunno, this is kind of a bummer for me, that I have to put that kind of effort into something that was near effortless when I left.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

If you party up with someone you can use its features to stay on the same IP for each alt.

The two of you get on a map and find all the nodes, noting them down on the app. One switches to an alt while the other waits. If the alt land on a new IP map, use the feature “join party member”. The other party member switches to an alt. Joins you if necessary. The two of you are now on the map you previously mapped and can run directly to the sites.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I have a hunch that Anet has the retirement of zones on some timetable now (so zones will not persist for long periods of time). Gone are the days of harvesting T6 with 8 characters for 2 weeks with no node changes.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Justdeifyme.9387

I have a hunch that Anet has the retirement of zones on some timetable now (so zones will not persist for long periods of time). Gone are the days of harvesting T6 with 8 characters for 2 weeks with no node changes.

Those were the days…

So much money so easily.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I farm Frostgorge on an almost daily basis on 8 chars. I write down the IP (and node sites) on my iPad each time I switch chars. My notes indicate that each IP lasts less than 24 hours. Each day there is a new set of IPs and the rare times I have landed on an old IP the nodes are not in the same places which means that map collapsed at some point.

My theory:
Frostgorge usually has about 3 shards at the same time. The client seems to have a preferred shard to send chars to but after a while that one is filled and the client switches to another preferred shard. The first shard has fewer people sent to it and as the population drops even fewer are sent till no more are sent there. The people in it finish what they were doing and leave. Eventually the last person leaves and the map collapses.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)