Farming cloth scraps

Farming cloth scraps

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Unhygienix.2834

Unhygienix.2834

I have Googled this topic but cannot find anything post 2015.

What are the methods for farming cloth scraps? Can I farm low level maps with my 80 main or do I have to farm on a low level character? Also, if I want cloth or linen for example do I have to open loot bags/chests on my main in a downleveled map or do I have to open them on a low level character?

Thanks

Farming cloth scraps

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

For the chests you open them on a character of the appropriate level for the tier of cloth you want. T1 = lvl 1-20. T2 =lvl 16-35. T3 = lvl 31-50. T4 = lvl 44-63. T5 = lvl 58-80. Make sure to take note of the level overlaps and plan appropriately. The area you open them in doesn’t matter, only the level of your character… that’s what determines the level of the loot you get that can be salvaged.

Farming humanoid mobs will yield you the salvage-specific rags you can salvage for cloth. Rags will always be the tier related to the level of the mob. However, armor etc that you loot will be a mix of your character’s level or that of the mob/area.

Don’t forget that the quality of the salvage kit you use will determine the odds of you getting a higher tier mat than you normally would.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Farming cloth scraps

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Kill humanoid enemies of the appropriate level. They drop loot bags. Loot bags have a 15% or so chance of dropping cloth.

It is the fastest way to farm cloth.

Bonus: it is also farming leather at the same time, which you can sell for lots of gold and use to buy more cloth.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Farming cloth scraps

Posted by: Unhygienix.2834

Unhygienix.2834

Would it be faster to just join a chest train in Silverwastes then open all bags with an appropriate level character?