Farming for Genesis

Farming for Genesis

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: lubby.8092

lubby.8092

Hi all. I’m sure this thread has been posted before so I apologize for the repeat. But I am wanting to farm for Genesis for my warrior and I don’t quite have enough money to buy Genesis as I am crafting ascended armor now. So I was wondering if anyone could tell me a good farming zone for the Gilded Coffers.

Farming for Genesis

Posted by: Highchu.3806

Highchu.3806

According to the wiki:

Very rare chance from Gilded Coffer

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Genesis

Gilded Coffer is a champion reward that’s dropped by Risen and Destroyer creatures of Champion or Legendary rank. It can be found with a rarity between basic and exotic and the quality that drops is determined by the level of the player and the creature that dropped it.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gilded_Coffer

Acquisition

Legendary foes
Statue of Dwayna (NPC)
Risen Priest of Grenth
Risen High Wizard
Eye of Zhaitan

Champion foes
Captain Rotbeard
Champion Risen Andarzbad
Champion Risen Abomination
Champion Risen Archmage
Champion Risen Baron
Champion Risen Baroness
Champion Risen King
Champion Risen Giant
Champion Risen Hylek
Champion Risen Megalodon
Champion Risen Sea Turtle
Champion Risen Spider
Champion Risen Wraith
Eye of Zhaitan
Megadestroyer
Risen Megalodon
Risen Priestess of Dwayna
Champion Risen Corrupter
Champion Risen Plaguebearer
Champion Risen Putrifier

Crucible of Eternity
Subject Alpha

The Ruined City of Arah
Giganticus Lupicus
Wraithlord
Champion Giant (risen)
Champion Orrian Spider

The most effective way would probably be to just farm Risen champs in Orr or do Temple runs. There are always players doing events and champ farming so it shouldn’t be a problem. I’ve read in older posts that its possible as a reward from Maw, but I’m not sure how accurate that is.

Farming for Genesis

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The most effective way would probably be to just farm Risen champs in Orr or do Temple runs. There are always players doing events and champ farming so it shouldn’t be a problem. I’ve read in older posts that its possible as a reward from Maw, but I’m not sure how accurate that is.

I got mine from Maw.
Pretty sure it was off the corpse of the shaman but not 100%.

Got it a day or two after buying Entropy so that worked out pretty well.

Farming for Genesis

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The thing you have to take note of is that there are actually more than one type of “Gilded Coffer” or “Fallen Adventurer Backpack” etc. They have the same name and icon, but their drop tables are distinctly different. For example, the karka-themed bows drop from Fallen Adventurer Backpacks, but ONLY from the Backpacks that you get from killing Karka. Opening a Fallen Adventurer Backpack you got from killing a Champion Spider would never get you one of the karka-bows.

I’m not sure what kind of Gilded Coffers drop Genesis, but anecdotal evidence seems to suggest that it only comes from ones dropped by Icebrood/Sons of Svanir.

Farming for Genesis

Khisanth.2948

The thing you have to take note of is that there are actually more than one type of “Gilded Coffer” or “Fallen Adventurer Backpack” etc. They have the same name and icon, but their drop tables are distinctly different. For example, the karka-themed bows drop from Fallen Adventurer Backpacks, but ONLY from the Backpacks that you get from killing Karka. Opening a Fallen Adventurer Backpack you got from killing a Champion Spider would never get you one of the karka-bows.

I’m not sure what kind of Gilded Coffers drop Genesis, but anecdotal evidence seems to suggest that it only comes from ones dropped by Icebrood/Sons of Svanir.

That would make sense since it can drop from the Maw.

Farming for Genesis

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

Imo dungeon running for the monies (+ sell good drops if you get any) is more likely to get you there in a reasonable timeframe.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

Farming for Genesis

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Karka Shell farming, you can get it in one day. Mindless, but efficient.
Otherwise, do as many dungeons as you possibly can in a day, along with 1 fractal of each tier. This should get you around 10-25g, depending on how fast you go.

Yes, it’s sad that when you want something, it’s better to farm money to buy the stuff than the buy the item itself.

I’m working on Infinite Light. You can craft it yourself for about 1-500g cheaper than the listed price, but it depends on how much money shaving you do, yes shaving not saving. I could finish it today because I only need 400 Charged Cores and 800 Orichalcum Ores, but I’m in no rush.

Yes… only 400 Charged Cores and 800 Orichalcum Ores.

Farming for Genesis

Rainshine.5493

Karka Shell farming, you can get it in one day. Mindless, but efficient.

Hmm, I might look into that for my own ascended crafting if none of my guildies have a dungeon run going (I prefer social activities but sometimes ya just gotta farm). Thanks for the tip.

Farming for Genesis

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I honestly am tossing around that farm like candy right now because I feel like it should be nerfed. It’s not like I really need anything that you can craft with them…

Though I should probably farm Passiflora.

Farming for Genesis

Rainshine.5493

Is it only something really viable to do in a group? I have very little experience in Southsun.

Farming for Genesis

Khisanth.2948

Is it only something really viable to do in a group? I have very little experience in Southsun.

A group would certainly help. The faster the you kill the faster you get the loot.
You don’t need a huge group. Three should be fine and ideally one of those three is a mesmer with main hand sword or a sword/dagger thief.

Farming for Genesis

Rainshine.5493

A group would certainly help. The faster the you kill the faster you get the loot.
You don’t need a huge group. Three should be fine and ideally one of those three is a mesmer with main hand sword or a sword/dagger thief.

Great, thank you

Farming for Genesis

Khisanth.2948

Great, thank you

By the way this is in regards to farming the veteran karkas for the guaranteed karka shell drop.

The other things of interest in southsun are sharks for scales, skelks for blood and mosquitoes for venom sacs. The karkas drop blood but they are a bit more annoying to deal with. I would probably go with a condition spec, especially if going melee.

Farming for Genesis

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

Just posting here to state that I also got a Genesis drop in the past, and it was also at Maw.

So the Sons of Svanir type coffers are probably your best bet.