Farming

Farming

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: RapidSausage.4620

RapidSausage.4620

So i’ve reached cursed shore and explored all of it, and i keep farming those 2 events that everyone else is farming (been doing it for 3 days).

there are a few problems i’m facing though.

1. I’m a mesmer, my AOE is very very limited, and i can hardly dish out enough damage before the others to get loot, so i find myself only awarded for 2 or 3 of the enemies killed per wave even though i did damage to all of them.

I’ve tried using greatsword/sword combo + shatter skills, but it’s only as good as basic Elementalist aoe, how do i do good enough AOE damage with mesmer to be awarded for every enemy i damage?

2. I only know of 6 stable Orichalcum ore spawns, 4 of which are in cursed shore, 2 in Malchor’s leap, can anyone suggest places where i can find Orichalcum?

3. Gossamer scraps drop SO LITTLE, i can hardly keep up with my demands for it, especially when just one piece of exotic armor uses around 22 scraps of it, what mobs do i need to kill to get the most gossamer scraps?

4. Rares don’t drop that often, let alone exotics; I’ve tried using Omnomberry bars to increase magic find, but the yield is still quite low, and magic find gear is expensive imo and i’d rather make something for my own build, any suggestions about getting rare/exotic loot?

Farming

Posted by: Sardoni.8361

Sardoni.8361

1.) If you damage every enemy you should have an equal chance at loot at every enemy. That being said not every mob is going to give you loot and I’ve noticed that some more active events have had loot tables turned off all together. There was also an interesting issue with Risen Drakes not dropping anything at all in Cursed Shore for a short time. I’d log in for the first time that day, slaughter the beach of drakes to no drops… then walk up to some risen guarding an ori node… kill it and have loot. The rumors of diminishing returns may have also set in with regard to loot dropping. I’m unaware of the exact time tables, perhaps someone else can provide that answer.

As a mesmer we don’t have as reliable of an AoE as say an elementalist (let me just sit back here and hit 5 all over everything). We Mesmers have to work for it more. Perhaps getting out a 1H sword and getting the trait that causes mine wrack to also explode around you might provide a complimentary AOE source for your playstyle. Although charging in melee does come with a bit more risk (the 1H sword can help mitigate that a little).

2.) Same boat, only nodes I’ve found. Not sure of the reset timers on them. I believe that the nodes are specific to your character. The solution may be to level another character(s) to 80 so you have more mules out there mining. It is meant to be a rare material after all.

3.) Salvage every piece of light armor that drops. Gossamer is a rare salvage off light armor. The better the kit, the better the chance of getting that rare. Worse case scenario trying to farm enough of something else to sell in order to buy gossamer off the trade post.

4.) The loot gods are sadly, random. Although you could try your luck in the mystic forge. If you chuck in 4 blues you have a chance to get 1 blue back or a 1 green… 4 greens to get 1 green or a yellow. 4 yellows to get 1 yellow or an exotic. If you through in 4 items of the same type you’ll get back the same item (i.e. throw in 4 great swords you’ll get a great sword back). That is also throwing things to lady luck, but another method.

Farming

Posted by: RapidSausage.4620

RapidSausage.4620

any other suggestions?