Fast Leveling Method?

Fast Leveling Method?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Aldrin.7641

Aldrin.7641

Q:

Hello there I just came back and wanted to get an ele to 80, but don’t have that much fime to explore around. Question is, does crafting still get me to 80 faster? And how much gold would it be?

Thanks

Druid, Tempest, Revenant, Necromancer, Engineer

Fast Leveling Method?

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Crafting exp got nerfed hard, I remember crafting to get my guardian level up and I think I only got about ten levels? I still recommend learning crafting but don’t expect it to level you from 1 -80 right quick.

You could do PvP and get tomes of knowledge, maybe even a level 20 scroll. If you have laurels you could also get exp boosters from the laurel vendor or a few off the TP.

My biggest advice to you is that if you see an event, do it, usually rewards you with a large amount of exp and some area level dependent items, plus with map rewards you stand to make a good bit of coin if shiny bauble is in the reward rotation.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Fast Leveling Method?

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Events award quite a few XP. That’s events and not hearts … Exploring while looking for events is good too, you kill 2 birds with one stone then.

Fast Leveling Method?

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Fastest way is to play the game. Do heartquests, map completions, events, and more events, crafting, world verses world, world bosses, pvp give you tomes as reward, and also something that few forgets or don’t even know about but this is one of the best things to do. Edge of the Mist is also were some goes to level. Dungeons, don’t be afraid to do them. They got nerfed though to drops and gold, but the xp is still very good. You get nearly a level for each. And story dungeons are easy and fast introductions. Just remember you manage your own health, so don’t run in and pull everything.

Get all xp boosters you can get on your character. Move to regions that have far off areas where there are no many people. Go for mobs in strange spots and start kill them. Depending on how long ago the mob was killed you will get bonus xp, sometimes double the xp you would have got for a normal mob killed all the time. If the mob was recently kill very low or no bonus, if you get a lot then you know it was long times since the last time.

Fast Leveling Method?

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

Hello there I just came back and wanted to get an ele to 80, but don’t have that much fime to explore around. Question is, does crafting still get me to 80 faster? And how much gold would it be?

Thanks

Use two experience boosts, and do from level 0 to 400 in all 8 crafts (not in Scribe), yes… It’ll take you about 3 or 4 hours without using any tomes. If you have at least 30 tombs, you can get it done in under 3 hours easily.

I’d recommend using http://gw2crafts.net/total.html (Use the fast guides when possible if you can afford it)

It varies how much it will cost, but often around 250 gold is enough to get all the crafts to 400… at the time of this post its at 221 gold.

You may want to make a few 500 level, but anything from 400 to 500 is rather expensive.

Fast Leveling Method?

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Edge of the Mists is still my favourite way to level up. I started a new Necro on Monday, got to 80 a few hours ago. I didn’t use boosts at all. However, you need to be on a tier 1 server for that (we win zerg fights 95% of the time and always have a commander).

Fast Leveling Method?

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

Edge of the Mists is still my favourite way to level up. I started a new Necro on Monday, got to 80 a few hours ago. I didn’t use boosts at all. However, you need to be on a tier 1 server for that (we win zerg fights 95% of the time and always have a commander).

The original poster asked about crafting though.

However, if you have the gold and/or the materials, crafting even without boosts is fastest form of leveling in the game short of having 80 tomes and just spamming them.

The next fastest varies, EotM is okay if you have a good map every time. That’s not always the case unfortunately. Do not try WvW, cause you’ll end up getting downed really easily even though you’re upped leveled to quasi-80… you won’t stand a match against any 80 geared in anything like rare or higher gear.

The other next fastest one, would be just doing all map completions. Start with the starter cities, and do the starter zones then just pick one area and do like all the maps in that area. Say Kryta, doing all the maps would get you to 50 or 60 and likely get you there in a day. I mean 2 hours per map is generally what it takes me sometimes to complete them, that’s 5 maps, so 10 hours… maybe longer since you’d be at level though. but still 10 to 15 hours, and to ~50-60, you should be able to get to 80 in 48 hours of game play or so.

I mean really it doesn’t take a lot of time to level, what takes time is all the grinding for mats and such.

Fast Leveling Method?

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

The original poster asked about crafting though.

However, if you have the gold and/or the materials, crafting even without boosts is fastest form of leveling in the game short of having 80 tomes and just spamming them.

The next fastest varies, EotM is okay if you have a good map every time. That’s not always the case unfortunately. Do not try WvW, cause you’ll end up getting downed really easily even though you’re upped leveled to quasi-80… you won’t stand a match against any 80 geared in anything like rare or higher gear.

The other next fastest one, would be just doing all map completions. Start with the starter cities, and do the starter zones then just pick one area and do like all the maps in that area. Say Kryta, doing all the maps would get you to 50 or 60 and likely get you there in a day. I mean 2 hours per map is generally what it takes me sometimes to complete them, that’s 5 maps, so 10 hours… maybe longer since you’d be at level though. but still 10 to 15 hours, and to ~50-60, you should be able to get to 80 in 48 hours of game play or so.

I mean really it doesn’t take a lot of time to level, what takes time is all the grinding for mats and such.

It is correct what you say that it is harder to survive in wvw if you are doing what the others that are lvl 80 with correct gear. But i level up all my characters inside of wvw and go there as lvl 2 already. And i don’t die more because of it. But i have to admit that i play wvw more then anything else, so i know my limits, i know what i can and can not do, and as upscaled you have to have a ranged weapon keeping behind com or on the sides. Never push in huge fights with comander, this will end up with you dead. But if you are careful and pull back instead and kind of tag instead of trying to kill, it will be totally fine. When you turn lvl 80 and get proper gear you will be all fine in the front.

Also wvw give you marks that you can buy exotic gear for, which is good to do to your first character. They are easy to get .

Fast Leveling Method?

Posted by: Diederick.7906

Diederick.7906

Use a level 30 scroll
Use birthday booster + exp booster and go zerg in eotm
Do your daily that gives a tome every day, maybe some pvp for tomes as well
Repeat untill lvl ~70
Cooking till 400 (3 gold)
Do a few COF runs till 80

Fast Leveling Method?

Posted by: Fredd.9784

Fredd.9784

Thanks

Currently trying to get a character to 80 fast (and just done another), so this is dear to my heart right now…

- Use the biggest level boost you have up front, clearly. Then Tomes of Knowledge (1 level)/Experience Scrolls (5% level)

- Crafting got nerfed; still good for the final push, but you’ll get about 7 levels from going to 400 (could be 8, I forget), so probably not going to be the way you get all the way to 80

- Edge of the Mists is really good if you can find it when your server’s organised and running a good train (lousy and frustrating when it isn’t); stack a few XP boosts and food, and watch the events pile up. You can get quite a few levels in a day if you’ve nothing better to do. You’ll also get Proofs of Heroics when you gain a Rank, which can be exchanged for the HPs you’ll want to get your HoT Elite spec together fast (for my money, buy the Tyria ones first; if you’re power-levelling, you won’t be seeing most of those HPs for yourself, whereas you’ll have a chance to pick up plenty of the HoT ones once you get into Verdant Brink and beyond).

- On days when the zone level isn’t too high for your character, you can get a reasonable number of events in whatever zone is on the Daily list. Not usually as fast as EotM, though, and there can be “quiet” times. If you’re clever, you can probably get most of the zone completed along the way (between events, fill out WPs you don’t have, then the few bits left in the zone, for completion and decent XP). Again, XP boosts are good – with lots of people, some of the events scale so large that you can get serious XP from the kills alone (I’ve got over half a level from a single 5 minute defence at Restricted Zone XRB in Harathi more than once).

- Do the PvP dailies. If you throw a couple of characters through (use a farm server if PvP itself doesn’t push your buttons) you should get a Tome of Knowledge with little or no effort. You can grind a second, if you’re so inclined.

- Do any other easy PvE dailies. These give Experience Scrolls

Edit: Also – merely logging in every day and selecting what dailies to track will net you Tomes of Knowledge once a week (10 across a full 4-week cycle) – even if you then don’t actually have the time to do the dailies. And even if that’s too slow for your current needs, it’s worth doing to stack up for the next time you decide you want to level a character fast.

(edited by Fredd.9784)

Fast Leveling Method?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Unless EotM has changed in the past year, it is the fastest way to level up without using consumables or gold. World completion follows it as second.