Fastest way to 30?

Fastest way to 30?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: ScottTheWanderer.4716

ScottTheWanderer.4716

I have a level 30 human female elementalist, but I recently decided I would rather have a sylvari male elementalist. I’m fine with leveling up a character but I just don’t want to level another elementalist to 30.

I know crafting can level you up quickly, but it can get pricey really quickly. I’m willing to try crafting but I don’t have a lot of gold.

So just in your experiences, what is the fastest way to level up to 30? I just want to catch up with my current elementalist.

Wippo – Asura Elementalist
House of the Steel Dragon – Darkhaven

Fastest way to 30?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Do dailies mixed with personal story and collect waypoints, as the latter give the biggest hunk of exploration RP. Stop by any events you see going on to help them get done.

I find I get a level out of each set of dailies, so that’s one a day right there.

Fastest way to 30?

Posted by: wolvenra.9617

wolvenra.9617

Queensdale zerg is a good way. And you get lots of nice loot, too!

Fastest way to 30?

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Seasonal events seem to be good for farming, scarlet invasions give a lot of exp too in my experience.

Those instant level 20 scrolls are always handy too :P

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Fastest way to 30?

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Crafting isn’t really the way anymore. Cheapest prof is 10g for just 8-10 levels

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

Fastest way to 30?

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Fastest way would be to use a experience scroll to level 20 (you get them on your character’s birthdays and every 5000 achievement points), craft the remaining 10 levels (use http://www.gw2crafts.net/ as a guide for the cheapest ones).

Other ways to level quick:
WvW karma trains, most servers do them the day before the reset, and some guilds run as it as an event for powerleveling.
Queensdaly champion farm. Unlike other champion farms, you can start it right from the beggining, plus each champion counts as an event so it’ll give you a fair share of XP, though it’s questionable whether it’s faster to just fill hearts at first.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Fastest way to 30?

Posted by: Xenus.7135

Xenus.7135

Crafting isn’t really the way anymore. Cheapest prof is 10g for just 8-10 levels

What? See cooking.

Fastest way to 30?

Posted by: Flubble.8093

Flubble.8093

level 1-20 experience scroll and fast craft cooking for 1-30.

Fastest way to 30?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I didn’t suggest the level 20 booster scroll because I figured s/he hadn’t gotten a birthday present, the only source of said scrolls.

The Queensdale zerg is a decent way to go if you’re ok with just mindlessly charging around doing the same few fights over and over. You’re only trying to get to 30 anyway, after which I assume you’ll be looking for regular leveling speed to let you enjoy the game.

Fastest way to 30?

Posted by: Jaed.9823

Jaed.9823

I didn’t suggest the level 20 booster scroll because I figured s/he hadn’t gotten a birthday present, the only source of said scrolls.

The Queensdale zerg is a decent way to go if you’re ok with just mindlessly charging around doing the same few fights over and over. You’re only trying to get to 30 anyway, after which I assume you’ll be looking for regular leveling speed to let you enjoy the game.

Achievements is another source of the scroll.. :P

Fastest way to 30?

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Well the fastest without having an experience scroll is probably the Queensdale zerg as much as i hate to admit it .

Fastest way to 30?

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Well the fastest without having an experience scroll is probably the Queensdale zerg as much as i hate to admit it .

I’d say it depends. I’ve never done the math myself, but personally I felt that the queensdale zerg gives decent XP if it’s running well enough… but if there’s more than one train (as usual anytime I’ve done it) then you get lots of waiting as champions are killed out of order and you have to go to the next one or wait for one to spawn. In those cases I felt it was faster XP to just roam around doing hearts and moving on when done, and doing events as they pop up nearby (which they usually also count for the hearts).

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Fastest way to 30?

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I think fully exploring zones and personal story quests give more experience than the zerg, due to diminishing returns.

edit: Oh, and I second the recommendation for cooking. It’s the most flexible crafting skill.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Fastest way to 30?

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

I think fully exploring zones and personal story quests give more experience than the zerg, due to diminishing returns.

edit: Oh, and I second the recommendation for cooking. It’s the most flexible crafting skill.

The Queensdale zerg is good for XP because all the champs bar spider are events and as you level up the eventXP goes up not down so you not only get XP for the kill but for the event as well . DR only effects drops .

Fastest way to 30?

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

The Queensdale zerg is good for XP because all the champs bar spider are events and as you level up the eventXP goes up not down so you not only get XP for the kill but for the event as well . DR only effects drops .

I could’ve sworn I was getting some diminishing returns with some of my event experience, as well. My mistake.

Either way, I still feel like exploration/personal story is a better method overall.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Fastest way to 30?

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Queensdale zerg offers good XP due to doing a lot of events.

Personal story gives good XP. I like to save em up so I can do a bunch in a row.

Crafting: You don’t have to go 1-400(500) with a profession to get XP. Grab artificer and cooking. Using a guide, craft as much as you can with what you’ve got in your bank and for minimal coppers. Once you top out, drop them for jewelcrafting and anything else you’ve got mats stored up for. Craft those as far as you can go. You might end up with 4 crafts at level 100 for almost no gold.

100% explore all major cities and LA. Especially at low levels, you get great XP from exploration. As for exploring the world, gather everything you see. It’s free XP and silvers.

Dailies net nice little bonus chunks of XP as you accomplish each task and then at completion.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Fastest way to 30?

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

uhm I don’t know where you get your facts from but just to be clear…

Normal Cooking without Hearts : 4.77
Normal Cooking with 5 Hearts : 2.21
Normal Cooking with all Hearts : 1.99

Fast Cooking without Hearts : 5.30
Fast Cooking with 5 Hearts : 2.2
Fast Cooking with all Hearts : 1.81

Even tho TP prices go up and down and it effects the guides, to no time ever I’ve seen cooking go up to 10 gold. Cooking gives you 7 levels not 8 or 10. Just throwing that out there.