Fastest way to WvW rank

Fastest way to WvW rank

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: AZY.8352

AZY.8352

Hi all

Please can someone tell me what the current fastest way is to earn WvW rank?

From my research, all the information is months or years old. The most frustrating thing I’ve found is that you used to be able to buy a WvW rank for 2 laurels and 50 badges of honor. That would be PEFRECT for me, but I can’t see that as an option from the laurel vendor anymore.

Thanks in advance

Fastest way to WvW rank

Posted by: Veeber.3192

Veeber.3192

Access the laurel vendor in wvw, it’s only available there.

Fastest way to WvW rank

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Access the laurel vendor in wvw, it’s only available there.

According to the Wiki (at the bottom of the Badge of Honor page), since the release of HoT WvW laurel vendors no longer sell Taste of Liquid World Experience.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Badge_of_Honor

~EW

Fastest way to WvW rank

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yeah, they removed the instant level item with HoT, presumably to make people actually play to gain wvw levels. Honestly, there’s no “fastest” or “best” way I know of to gain rank outside of just actively participating in as many events/kills as you can.

Fastest way to WvW rank

AZY.8352

What I’ve picked up so far is that following the commander in EotM is probably the fastest way, making sure you’ve always got a 50% exp booster.

Would you agree with that?

If so, how do I get hold of 50% boosters?

Otherwise, is there a way (other than the now non-existant laurel route) to buy WXP?

Fastest way to WvW rank

RoseofGilead.8907

There are wxp boosters and wxp mini boosters. You can’t buy them on the gem store, though. I think black lion chests and wvw/eotm chests can still drop them. And you get a mini wxp booster when you get to level 60 or sometimes from wvw rank up chests. And I think the karmaic converter and ley-energy matter converters let you buy a Box of WvW Supplies once a day; those have a chance to drop boosters and the liquid wxp items. Otherwise, no, I don’t think there’s a way to “buy” wxp anymore. You’ll just have to play.

Fastest way to WvW rank

AZY.8352

I saw that they were available from converter-things. Is that something I could access? How would I do that?

Fastest way to WvW rank

RoseofGilead.8907

I should note that the available items do change every day. So, I don’t think you’ll have the option to get the wvw box EVERY day. But still.

You can only get the karmic converter by doing the Exotic Hunter collection achievement. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Karmic_Converter

The ley-energy converter is a reward for completing the final part of the Dragon Stand meta in 20 minutes (achievement is called Mouth of Mordremoth Master). The ley-energy one is MUCH cheaper/easier to get than the Karmic one.

Fastest way to WvW rank

AZY.8352

Couldn’t I just buy 34 exotic weapon skins for that achievement? Many are under 1G on the trading post.

I don’t know ANYTHING about ley-energy… would I need that currency to be able to exchange daily? I don’t know what the Dragon Stand meta is…

Thanks for clarification on 1 of 3 random pick per day

Fastest way to WvW rank

RoseofGilead.8907

Couldn’t I just buy 34 exotic weapon skins for that achievement? Many are under 1G on the trading post.

I don’t know ANYTHING about ley-energy… would I need that currency to be able to exchange daily? I don’t know what the Dragon Stand meta is…

Thanks for clarification on 1 of 3 random pick per day

Yup, you’d need the currency for the ley-energy one. And Dragon Stand is the final map of all the HoT content where you fight Mordremoth. So, if you’ve not done any of the HoT content, then you’ll have to do some work to get there.

As for the Karmic Converter . . . Yeah, some are 1g or less. Some are 2-10g. But a few are 50g+. So, if you have a lot of gold to spare, yup. It’d be an easy achievement to finish.

Fastest way to WvW rank

AZY.8352

I’ll see what I can do… have barely started HOT content.

Is it possible to unlock the skins from TP then re-sell them? How would I unlock, by equipping or breaking down for crafting parts or some other way?

Fastest way to WvW rank

RoseofGilead.8907

Is it possible to unlock the skins from TP then re-sell them? How would I unlock, by equipping or breaking down for crafting parts or some other way?

You unlock a skin by binding it to your account or character. You can do that by equipping the item, putting an upgrade (sigil/rune) in the item, putting it in the mystic forge with other weapons, salvaging the item, or right clicking on it and choosing “Unlock in Wardrobe” or whatever it says. Once you do any of those things, you can’t sell or give it to anyone else. You’ll have to either use it, salvage it, sell it to a vendor, or forge it.

Fastest way to WvW rank

AZY.8352

I see the problem now… it’s not 34 random exotics, it’s the 34 specific exotics which wold cost me about 400g to buy… yeah that’s a little steep for how useful that converter would be :-/

Oh well, guess I’ll just have to hope I get lucky wth chests to get the WXP boosters.

Thanks for your advice

Fastest way to WvW rank

RoseofGilead.8907

No problem. Good luck with it all!