Final story quest..not soloable.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Giants.9362

Giants.9362

NOW I have to find a group to finish it??? Are they serious, why wasn’t I told this before wasting my time doing the tedious and boring quests just to not be able to finish it solo. Wow.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yeah, I was also annoyed by it when I first found that out. It never made sense to me that I could (and did) do everything else solo, but my final step HAD to be a group.

At least the dungeon isn’t difficult or anything. The hardest part, sadly, is finding a group for it.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Yeah, I was also annoyed by it when I first found that out. It never made sense to me that I could (and did) do everything else solo, but my final step HAD to be a group.

At least the dungeon isn’t difficult or anything. The hardest part, sadly, is finding a group for it.

Not difficult but still long than many dungeon paths.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

The personal story supposedly ends with the cleansing of orr. Finding a group for arah story mode isn’t a big deal, just use the LFG tool.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: smhtjoa.7159

smhtjoa.7159

Difficulty aside, you are suddenly required to find a group to finish a solo journey. I’ve had some pretty frustrating, even unpleasant, experiences with PUGs via LFG. It’s always luck of the draw who you end up with. Many are running it for the gazillionth time and assume you are too so they want to skip all the animations, yell at you for not knowing where to be or what to do. It’s why I don’t run dungeons unless I’m with people I know.

I would have liked the option to finish my personal story at my own pace, in my own way, like I’ve been doing up til now.

Am now waiting for some guild mates to get their characters to end of their personal story so we can do it together.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

You have 2 different stories. You have your personal story and you have the Destiny’s Edge + you story, which always requires you to play through the story mission of a dungeon.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Emeria.1968

Emeria.1968

Difficulty aside, you are suddenly required to find a group to finish a solo journey. I’ve had some pretty frustrating, even unpleasant, experiences with PUGs via LFG. It’s always luck of the draw who you end up with. Many are running it for the gazillionth time and assume you are too so they want to skip all the animations, yell at you for not knowing where to be or what to do. It’s why I don’t run dungeons unless I’m with people I know.

I would have liked the option to finish my personal story at my own pace, in my own way, like I’ve been doing up til now.

Agreed. This basically sums up how I feel about the experience. I recently returned to the game with my first level 80 sitting there with her story unfinished, and I recalled why. I want to finish, but I’d like it to be my story. I like playing with others in all other situations, but I have become very aware of how nasty PUG situations tend to get and I’d rather not ruin the end of my story quest this way.

I personally think this should be fixed with an option to solo.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

It’s been discussed a few times. I have played 3,154 hrs over 894 days, I have yet to complete the last part of my personal story because of this solo your story but in the last instance find group BS. IMHO—-anet screwed this up, the last last instance should be able to be completed solo.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Being expected to find a party for ONE mission out 40 or so is NOT really an unreasonable expectation as this IS an MMO game. I’d say expecting to NEVER have to party up with anyone might be a bit unreasonable.

This coming from a guy who has 12 characters and NONE of them have done Victory or Death and I rarely party up with anyone and avoid Dungeons like the plague.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Trafficone.5301

Trafficone.5301

You don’t actually need 5 people to do Arah story. I’m not positive if it can be done solo(never tried, but I think it can be), but I’ve done it many times with only two people. You do have the option to solo it; just enter the instance alone. Certainly, it probably won’t be a walk in the park, but I’m pretty confident that it’s doable. If you want, you can contact me in game sometime and I’ll run it with you. Sometime I’ll try it solo to see if it’s possible. But in the meantime, just say in the LFG tool that you’re doing it for the story and want to watch the cutscenes. I guess I’m lucky, but I’ve never run into a problem with the LFG tool when I say that I’m going to watch the cutscenes. Either way, feel free to contact me (Trafficone.5301). I’d be happy to run it with you at whatever pace you’re comfortable with.

Boughmaster – Necromousy – Furfriend – Sapterfuge
The Rescuer – Smoke And Flowers – Nectar Protector – Dhuumwind –
Specter Protector – Pushed Daisies – Imprinted – Die Groundlings

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

If you found the personal story so boring, why did you play it at all…? oO

And for those complaining about horrible PUG experiences: Make your own groups. It’s not that hard. Just write “first time personal story, all cutscenes, no speedrun” in the description and you’re good.
You don’t have to join zerker only speedclear teams. Of course you’ll get yelled at when you do that and then insist on watching every cutscene. Likewise, anyone joining your group and expecting a speedrun will probably get told to find another group as well.
A lot of the “problems” with PUGs are non-issues – or would be, if people remembered how to communicate. And actually do it. Before heading into the dungeon.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: party buddy.4956

party buddy.4956

I think…. What they should have done…. Is force everyone going through the storyline to do the “story” modes of each dungeon, before being able to move to next step of thier personal story. Maybe remove the word ‘personal’ from the storyline altogether.

I agree, getting arah done is a pita. but the reward from it is pretty lame, and doesn’t “Finish” the game anyway. It is not the “endgame”

this forums’ functionality is horrible…

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I think…. What they should have done…. Is force everyone going through the storyline to do the “story” modes of each dungeon, before being able to move to next step of thier personal story. Maybe remove the word ‘personal’ from the storyline altogether.

I agree, getting arah done is a pita. but the reward from it is pretty lame, and doesn’t “Finish” the game anyway. It is not the “endgame”

So the people who do not like to do dungeons for personal reasons are locked out of more of the personal story than they are now?

Not everyone has a solid internet connection. Those people may avoid dungeons not because they don’t want to do them, but because they’re being nice to the other players they would be grouped with.

No thank you to this suggestion.

RoseofGilead.8907

You don’t actually need 5 people to do Arah story. I’m not positive if it can be done solo(never tried, but I think it can be), but I’ve done it many times with only two people. You do have the option to solo it; just enter the instance alone. Certainly, it probably won’t be a walk in the park, but I’m pretty confident that it’s doable. If you want, you can contact me in game sometime and I’ll run it with you. Sometime I’ll try it solo to see if it’s possible. But in the meantime, just say in the LFG tool that you’re doing it for the story and want to watch the cutscenes. I guess I’m lucky, but I’ve never run into a problem with the LFG tool when I say that I’m going to watch the cutscenes. Either way, feel free to contact me (Trafficone.5301). I’d be happy to run it with you at whatever pace you’re comfortable with.

You need at least two people to get past the first room (there are two pressure plates that need to be activated at the same time). The fights are indeed soloable, but a majority of players aren’t interested in soloing that kind of content because it requires lots of practice and knowing the fights before attempting said solos.

party buddy.4956

So the people who do not like to do dungeons for personal reasons are locked out of more of the personal story than they are now?

Not everyone has a solid internet connection. Those people may avoid dungeons not because they don’t want to do them, but because they’re being nice to the other players they would be grouped with.

Well why are we forced to do the hardest dungeon of them all then?

RoseofGilead.8907

Arah Story is one of the easiest dungeon paths in the game, if not THE easiest; it’s just very long. Arah explorable paths are the “hardest” in the game.

Edit: Also, I’m not sure what your above posts mean. In one you say that the story mode for all the dungeons should be required to advance the Personal Story. And then when someone said they don’t like that idea (for the record, I also think it’s a bad idea), you say “Well, why do we have to do this one?”.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Seera.5916

I didn’t find it hard either of the two times I’ve done it. One with a group of friends. The other in a PUG.

I personally found Ascalonian Catacombs story to be harder and that’s the first dungeon. Keeping the lovers apart can be hard for a group of inexperienced players who aren’t level 80 and not be properly geared or have many if any traits.

Arah story mode is at least a number of missions into it after you hit level 80. Most are likely properly geared and at least have some traits if not all they want.

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

You only need 1 person to activate the first pressure plate, then the path is perfectly soloable.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

party buddy.4956

Arah Story is one of the easiest dungeon paths in the game, if not THE easiest; it’s just very long. Arah explorable paths are the “hardest” in the game.

Edit: Also, I’m not sure what your above posts mean. In one you say that the story mode for all the dungeons should be required to advance the Personal Story. And then when someone said they don’t like that idea (for the record, I also think it’s a bad idea), you say “Well, why do we have to do this one?”.

I am pointing out the inconsistency of the thing. Why one, but not the others? If the reasoning is that the lower level story dungeons are not included in the “personal story”, would prevent players from advancing thier story, why then is the end one included?

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

OMG they force you to play with ppl in a Massively MULTIPLAYER RPG. HOW DARE THEY. Thanks obama.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Seera.5916

I am pointing out the inconsistency of the thing. Why one, but not the others? If the reasoning is that the lower level story dungeons are not included in the “personal story”, would prevent players from advancing thier story, why then is the end one included?

Because ANet wanted players to try dungeons. And you kill Zhaitan in the dungeon. You can’t celebrate killing Zhaitan, if you haven’t actually killed Zhaitan.

And not doing the very last mission in the personal story does not lock you out of doing the Living Story.

The Pact weapons you get as a reward for finishing the story are not account bound. Yes, you get some other goodies for it, but nothing that can’t be earned doing other things.

Your suggestion locks people out of the rest of the personal story. How it is now, does not.

Posted by: Xander.9024

Xander.9024

I didn’t find it hard either of the two times I’ve done it. One with a group of friends. The other in a PUG.

I personally found Ascalonian Catacombs story to be harder and that’s the first dungeon. Keeping the lovers apart can be hard for a group of inexperienced players who aren’t level 80 and not be properly geared or have many if any traits.

Arah story mode is at least a number of missions into it after you hit level 80. Most are likely properly geared and at least have some traits if not all they want.

Slightly off topic, but there is a really easy way to keep them apart. No, I don’t mean throw rocks at them either.

OT: I was a bit miffed when I learned I had to do a dungeon to finish a personal story as well, but as others have posted, it can be duoed/(after the plates) soloed. If you really want to, I have no problem helping people out with that one. I also don’t mind if you want to watch the cutscenes.

I do understand the point of the thread, yes, just trying to offer another option for you.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

You could choose the option that I and many others have in not completing the personal story. I have over 2k hours in and just have no incilination to do Arah. I don’t have a lot of play time, and I have a really, really hard time being forced to do “X” for a specific amount of time without interruption. So, I will probably never finish it. I don’t care though. It doesn’t stop me from playing any content in the game that I want to.

ETA: I also think this was a bad choice on ANet’s part. You should not have to group up for your personal story. Just my 2 cents.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

If you’re not fond of people skipping the cutscenes as you would like to watch them, then simply start your own group with the tag “First time” or “Watching cutscenes” it’s really not hard.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

It’s been discussed a few times. I have played 3,154 hrs over 894 days, I have yet to complete the last part of my personal story because of this solo your story but in the last instance find group BS. IMHO—-anet screwed this up, the last last instance should be able to be completed solo.

Played for 6000 hours, 17 lvl 80 chars, and never finished my “personal” story.

Not much more to say.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

OMG they force you to play with ppl in a Massively MULTIPLAYER RPG. HOW DARE THEY. Thanks obama.

You don’t get it at all.
A player can complete the entire personal story until the last instance then they decide to arbitrarily change the rules and force a group. That is just total BS and should never made it into the game.