Finally 80! Now what?

Finally 80! Now what?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Rebel.6419

Rebel.6419

Hi I finally got a character to 80 in GW2. I am not sure how best to proceed from here. I would assume I should focus on finishing my personal story and getting geared up. Can you all offer up some direction for me please?

How should I focus my play time next to start getting decent gear? I only did the 1st 2 dungeons story mode, AC and CM. Do I need to run any other dungeoun in story mode to be able to do exp mode? I would appreciate any suggestions on what to do next.

Thank you very much.

Finally 80! Now what?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

story mode is a option, not required at all. Expl mode is also an option depending on if you want the exotics that the tokens provide. Go to Lions arch near the mist portal and preview all the weapons/armour to see what you want to use. If you have crafted to being able to make your own exotics go farm mats at world boss events (break down rare for ectos and possible exotic drops) and various places for the T6 mats you will need.
Options all over the place so unfortunately it is up to you to decide how to proceed.

Finally 80! Now what?

Posted by: kipz.8701

kipz.8701

Depends on your class really. Different dungeons offer different stat combos.

A must do is:-

-Keep doing your dalies (idiotically laurels are the only way to get ascended accessories).

-Run Fractals of the mist up to level 10 and then keep doing level 10 until you have the ascended rings you want. (max times you will have to run it is 30 inc 1-9)

- Decide what stats you want then run that dungeon. (alternatively craft/buy the set from the TP)

- If you are happy with your outfit then just try and have fun without getting burnt out. If not, save up some gold for Fine Transmutation Stones and customise your look.

Finally 80! Now what?

Posted by: nowitsawn.1276

nowitsawn.1276

1. Personal Story – not all that important, but Arah story mode is basically the end of it. Would be handy to have it completed up to that point when you do your first run so you can kill two birds with one stone.

2. World Completion – also not that important unless you want a legendary or just the pretty star next to your name, but at least it’s something to do. Higher level maps can also reward exotics on completion.

3. Gear up – hang around Penitent/Shelter camps in Orr (might need to guest on a more popular server if yours is kinda dead) or follow the usual zerg in Southsun Cove killing the instigators and you should have the money for a crafted 80 exotic set in a few hours.

4. Dungeons – I would suggest doing these with friends or guild mates if you’re a first timer, since random groups aren’t exactly known for their patience. They can be pretty fun and a good source of money as well, so this could also be a substitute for #3.

So… take your pick, you’ve got plenty to choose from.

I shot the seraph~
But I didn’t shoot the thackeray

Finally 80! Now what?

Posted by: Henge.3907

Henge.3907

Become an elitist

Finally 80! Now what?

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

You have three choices

1. Run fractals
2. Waste your time capping keeps in wvw for all day
3. Set your character in LA and go afk

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Finally 80! Now what?

Posted by: aragonx.7508

aragonx.7508

now, find a guild and log in TS3.

Finally 80! Now what?

Posted by: Ravenmorghane.9287

Ravenmorghane.9287

I’ve just replied to a thread similar to this.
I was quite enjoying this game before, completing maps and levelling up, then I joined a big guild and the game content massively opened up for me. I’ve done dungeons and events I never thought I would be good enough to do, and my ability at gaming has improved greatly. We have a great laugh and play drinking games in dungeons.
At the moment I find its best to have a goal or an aim, maybe google the titles and pick one to go for.
I guess it is what you make it

Finally 80! Now what?

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

Left out some major info, Rebel, like what is your class?

I have seven geared 80’s and I’ll tell you what I did for every one of them.

1. Daily challenges for karma and laurels. You can use the Karma to pick up some gear that might be of interest to you. The vendors are in temples in Orr/Cursed shore zones. There are also the laurels you get. You can sell the top tier crafting mats or sell dyes while they are still unidentified on the auction house for 15s a piece.

2. Events. Use green magic gear to start off, and you can farm every event once per day. You can sell the yellows and exotics you don’t want, and if they don’t sell for enough money on the auction house, you can gamble and use a Master’s Salvage Kit, and hope for ectos. http://guildwarstemple.com/dragontimer/

3. I love WvW, and they now sell tons of skins and exotics at the vendors.

4. Explore the world, or at least get a decent amount of waypoints in every zone. Once you’ve done that, you will be ready to do guild events like the bounty hunts.

5. Enjoy the game. Whether you farm for a legendary, explore the world, farm jumping puzzles, kill dragons, run dungeons, enjoy the living story, or zerg WvW with your server, it’s all up to you.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

Finally 80! Now what?

Posted by: dimgl.4786

dimgl.4786

You’re done, you’ve beat the game! Congratulations!

Finally 80! Now what?

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Quit and never come back, unless they make a good endgame or unless you enjoy repeating low level events with close to no reward.

Finally 80! Now what?

Posted by: Mujen.5287

Mujen.5287

Google what to do at level 80 in guild wars 2. Problem solved.

Finally 80! Now what?

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

WvWvW
Jump puzzles.
Exploring zones.
Dungeons.
Getting the gear looks and colors you want.
Spvp.

I play several hours a day and dont have enough time to do what i want in this game… i have no idea how people cant find stuff to do <.<

Finally 80! Now what?

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

“Getting gear colors you want.”
Seriously? I mean, really?
Some fine Endgame we have tight here.

Finally 80! Now what?

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

Yeah it is very tight.

Finally 80! Now what?

Rebel.6419

Sorry I am a necromancer. I am a hybrid build trying to keep my crit around 50% and then condition damage/ duration. I use axe/ focus for single target burst and sceptor/ dagger for aoe conditions. Power, precision, condition damage.

Finally 80! Now what?

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Move on to the next character slot, naturally.

Finally 80! Now what?

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

after 80..
play dress-up barbie doll with your toons. sums up all pve endgame of gw2.

Finally 80! Now what?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The quickest and/or easiest way to get exotic armor is probably from the karma vendors in the temples in Orr.

You need the karma but unless you’ve spent a lot you should have enough, or close to it. Especially if you’ve saved karma jugs from dailies and can get a few boosts (95% is the maximum but I decided it wasn’t worth the effort and went for about 75%). Then you just need to find a time/server where the temples are open, or some friends to help you complete the events.

It took me about 3 or 4 days from deciding I wanted the armor to getting it, and most of that way just waiting during the limited time I could be online for the temples to be open.

Then you can always change the skins for something you actually like later on.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Finally 80! Now what?

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Grats! Now the fun really begins

You have 43 dungeon paths, a host of Guild Missions, Fractals and WvW to choose from plus s+tPvP if you’re interested. Plus new content every month!

You want to work towards gearing your character, Dulfy has a good guide.
http://dulfy.net/2012/10/03/gw2-endgame-gearing-guide/

Finally 80! Now what?

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Sorry I am a necromancer. I am a hybrid build trying to keep my crit around 50% and then condition damage/ duration. I use axe/ focus for single target burst and sceptor/ dagger for aoe conditions. Power, precision, condition damage.

You might consider the rabid trinkets at Temple of Dwayna in Malchor’s Leap for a conditionmancer. They are 42k karma each. I have my necro in full rabid gear, staff and scepter/dagger. Karma accrues very quickly while doing events in Cursed Shore.

(edited by Raine.1394)

Finally 80! Now what?

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Bankstand in LA. Its the newest mainstream thing that all the 80s are doing nowadays.

Finally 80! Now what?

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Hi I finally got a character to 80 in GW2. I am not sure how best to proceed from here. I would assume I should focus on finishing my personal story and getting geared up. Can you all offer up some direction for me please?

How should I focus my play time next to start getting decent gear? I only did the 1st 2 dungeons story mode, AC and CM. Do I need to run any other dungeoun in story mode to be able to do exp mode? I would appreciate any suggestions on what to do next.

Thank you very much.

do wvw and pvp then start making threads saying how OP every class is

Finally 80! Now what?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Actually I’d rather have this end game than a raid. And that’s the problem. Some people think end game is all about challenging content and nothing else, when devs well know (and have said) that the most challenging content doesn’t get played by most players ever. So yeah.

More people will make use of collecting dies than beating the Underworld.

Finally 80! Now what?

Rebel.6419

I dont mean it in im 80, im bored, i mean I need a little direction as to what to do next. Armor, weapons, etc. So basically I should work on map completion, CoF runs, FoTM runs.

I never did any of the Brahm and Rox living story stuff, can I still do any of that for achievements?

I should alsowatch the timers and do the meta events?

Am I on the right track here?

Finally 80! Now what?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can no longer do Flame and Frost, but you can do SouthSun. I am enjoying it, and getting very nice drops. =)

Finally 80! Now what?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I dont mean it in im 80, im bored, i mean I need a little direction as to what to do next. Armor, weapons, etc. So basically I should work on map completion, CoF runs, FoTM runs.

I never did any of the Brahm and Rox living story stuff, can I still do any of that for achievements?

I should alsowatch the timers and do the meta events?

Am I on the right track here?

My advice to you, at this time, is to spend lots of time on South Sun. There’s a lovely magic find buff you get from an NPC there that will help you build either your money or your materials if you’re going for something, eventually. like a legendary. T6 mats are where it’s at today.

Finally 80! Now what?

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

You might consider the rabid trinkets at Temple of Dwayna in Malchor’s Leap for a conditionmancer. They are 42k karma each. I have my necro in full rabid gear, staff and scepter/dagger. Karma accrues very quickly while doing events in Cursed Shore.

+1

Condition necros get some great rabid gear from karma.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.