Finding teleporting bots

Finding teleporting bots

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

I have come across 3 “teleporting bots” in all of my gaming since release. In every situation, their original locations are at entry portals to zones with herbs/mines/trees. More specific, one I came across at the portal entry to Hoelbrak in Wayfarer Foothills. Another was the portal entry to Kessex Hills in Queensdale. Both cases the bot would disappear, return with conditions/in combat stance, disappear, return with lower health, and if they are there long enough they will start porting naked (can’t get more obvious then that). Any profession can do it, not just the obvious ranger with juvenile bear.

Keep an eye on characters at entry portals if you see them, if they disappear & reappear after 3 seconds more then once/twice – its a bot. Take note of where they are standing & its possible to click them before they even physically show up, giving you enough time to report them. Best part is if they have an animation on them from weapon/ability (Fire,Frost,Swiftness, etc.), you can see the animation trail from the node they ported to/from.

If you can’t get the report off, a screenshot/video will do and send a email to – exploits@arena.net – with your proof attached/linked.

Let’s help make this game great by helping Anet catch these quick bots.

Finding teleporting bots

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I’ve been catching some of these bots ‘dropping’ in on a WP.. teleporting over to a nearby Harvest node.. and then teleporting away.

Gives me enough time to tag them and report them. I’ll stand there 15-20 minutes sometimes just so I can report at least 6 of them. It is quickly becoming part of the daily routine.