Fine transmutation stones?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Cript Keeper.7842

Cript Keeper.7842

Q:

If i were to transmute a lvl 80 exotic greatsword into a lvl 20 jotun greatsword which is green (masterwork rarity) . Will i still be able to keep the oranged named text (exotic) of the greatsword? Same question for armors as well.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I’m trying to remember what happened to the faction pieces I bought and transmuted to lower level items. I think it will say ‘Transmuted’ instead of ‘Exotic’, but the name that carries is the one associated with the stats you pick? But the text is still orange?

That’s either correct, or not correct at all.

But it will undoubtedly encourage someone to come to your aid and save you from my bad information. At the very least, it might help. And I’d like to know for future reference for sure as well.

I’ve done it, several times, I just wasn’t really interested in what it was called. I do know it had orange text. And ‘fairly’ certain that it didn’t say ‘Exotic’ anymore, rather ‘Transmuted’. Actually, now that I think about it. I think those Vigil Leggings retained it’s name throughout, even though I transmuted lower, so I think the name of the thing you pick as the ‘visual’ keeps the name, and retract what I said above?

Posted by: Slalom.3174

Slalom.3174

Once an item is transmuted it is soulbound so the name hasn’t bothered me.

Recently I made a Berserker’s Sword of Bloodlust. The skin applied was a Ravaging Flame Blade of Something.
When transmuted the name of the sword is Ravaging Flame Blade of Bloodlust.

Same for the armor, warhorn and rifle on that character.

“Please accept my text in the jovial, friendly manner that it is intended.”

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Once an item is transmuted it is soulbound…

Not entirely true, unless they changed it recently. Last time I checked, you could transmute something that was soulbound to you onto a white item which made it account bound, drop it in the bank, and pick it up with another character to transmute it onto something of their choosing.

And you aren’t limited to transmuting only things a particular character can use, unless that was part of the preview cross armor change and it’s some sort of irrational and hibatious™ attempt to limit what we can do, which would be sad.

But keep up the good work dropping the hammer on teleporting node miners! (not so much)

“If I told them once, I told them a thousand times: Spinal Tap first; puppet show last.”

Posted by: Ganzicus.1426

Ganzicus.1426

There are 3 main components to transmutable items:
- Name and skin (includes description and stat-specific prefixes like Berserker’s)
- Stats (rarity and affix, eg Exotic with Knight’s stats – doesn’t include the stat-specific name prefix)
- Upgrade component
When transmuting, you pick one of each component out of the two items you are transmuting. So if you were transmuting a level 80 exotic with the Jotun Greatsword, you could end up with a level 80 exotic Jotun Greatsword which keeps the description of the Jotun Greatsword, but doesn’t pick up the prefix of the level 80 exotic.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

1st of all you need to transmutate it onto a rare 1st. Once you have do that then you may proceed to transmutate it to the masterwork item. It seems you cannot skip lvls.

When I transmutated duelist exotic amor to my lvl 3 storage toon, I had to repeat that process down to fine/blue and they definitely did not keep the exotic/orange text.

PS..after the initial “fine” stone (from lvl 80 exotic-lesser lvl rare)you may use “basic” stones from there

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Ganzicus.1426

Ganzicus.1426

1st of all you need to transmutate it onto a rare 1st. Once you have do that then you may proceed to transmutate it to the masterwork item. It seems you cannot skip lvls.

When I transmutated duelist exotic amor to my lvl 3 storage toon, I had to repeat that process down to fine/blue and they definitely did not keep the exotic/orange text.

PS..after the initial “fine” stone (from lvl 80 exotic-lesser lvl rare)you may use “basic” stones from there

I don’t think that’s the case… you’d need a Fine stone to transmute a level 80 item at all, and you’d need to transmute onto a blue/white rarity item if you wanted to transfer a soulbound item (this makes it account bound, except for back items), and of course you can only transmute to the same item type, but those are the only restrictions in place.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I had to use multiple stones to get the exotic down to fine type for my lvl 3 toon. I tried to go directly but it would not allow it on 5 pieces of armor…..ie 15 stones (5 fine,10 basic)

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Desamos.1836

Desamos.1836

To answer Ur question (since i used about 20 now), yes if you get the stats from the exotic sword. The letters are going to stay yellow (or whatever, kinda colorblind). So you would have a exotic named jotun sword. Enjoy

Posted by: LithePanther.5027

LithePanther.5027

I had to use multiple stones to get the exotic down to fine type for my lvl 3 toon. I tried to go directly but it would not allow it on 5 pieces of armor…..ie 15 stones (5 fine,10 basic)

Just wanted to say I have never had that issue and I’m used over 100 fine and 600 basic transmutation stones.

80 Guardian. 80 Warrior. 80 Thief. 80 Engineer. 80 Necromancer. 80 Ranger.