Finishing off Hero Points for Elite spec

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Neurik.1624

Neurik.1624

New player alert here, I am casually trying to work on gathering the necessary hero points to wrap up my elite specs so I can switch to Druid on my Ranger to make her more appealing to fractal groups. I mainly play solo and have found it to be a huge pain in the rear trying to find (and then complete) some of the hero challenges.

Just simply getting to many of the points has proven to be a challenge and then to end up back at a WP from a solo wipe is exceedingly frustrating. Is there a good resource someone can point me to to help bang out the remaining points I need to wrap this up?

thanks

Posted by: Nordom.3485

Nordom.3485

one option is to look for hero point guides
another option is trying to get hps through wvw proof of heroics, which are earned by ranking up in wvw (maybe eotm help for that? haven’t checked that)
a last thing to keep your eye on is people that organize hp runs, you should be able to get a lot of them if you join one
that’s all I can think of to help you xD

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

If you’re NA, I can lead you to various points and help you fight things as needed. We might need to call in Map for help on a couple of them but most can be done with a duo. Just drop a line here so I know to come in game for you.

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Dulfy.net has guides for all the HoT HPs.

Also, if you hang around after the AB meta, there’s often someone who starts a HP train.

Posted by: Seteruss.4058

Seteruss.4058

Wvw best place for earning them.
One level gives you 7 proofs of heroics. You can simply trade them for notarized scrolls.
If you choose the single scroll is a point from tyria while the second option(10) is a point from maguuma.
Personaly i get so much of them inside wvw that i barely made any hp in open world.

Is it luck or skill keeping you alive?

Posted by: LazyDad.2037

LazyDad.2037

Edge of the Mist.. get 6 to 9 each WvW level (and a level up tome). Easy and quick

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

I’d recommend against proofs of heroics IF you plan to do HoT PvE or raids AND are still working on your masteries.
WvW/EoTM is nice and quick for HPs, but you miss the chance to simultaneously gain HoT xp and MPs. Masteries will make your travels through the jungle much easier, and some are mandatory for certain raid encounters.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

For HOT hero points I just map chat if anyone else wants to do them after that map’s meta and get near the point. Usually a bunch of people do. Also do not forget central tyria HPs, even though they are only worth a 1/10 as much.