Flying Carpet and Broom

Flying Carpet and Broom

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I noticed since the last time I played (before my hiatus) that the broom and magic carpet have an interesting behavior since last I used them. They seem to ‘stay on’ until you use the item again, in that if you start running, after a few seconds, you pop back on the carpet/broom as you move.

I was in town, and forgot I had it on, and went to glide off a high ramp in DR down towards that gate to Ascalon, if memory serves, and while I was gliding, it popped me back on my magic carpet, almost killing me, before I popped my glider back on before I hit the ground.

I guess that seems like some sort of bug, or maybe, the potential for a feature or quality of life change, but wanted to check here first before posting about it somewhere else.

Is there a way to make the broom/carpet ‘play nice’ with gliding? To not let it try to kill you? Better yet, is there a way to make it so if you have the carpet/broom active, and you do glide, it just ‘continues’ to have you on your broom/carpet while you glide? That would be pretty nice.

Flying Carpet and Broom

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It is a feature they added some time back. I believe there is an option in Options to enable said feature. Or, maybe it’s just this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stop_Riding

The newer Travel items have this tool-tip:

‘Travel. Double-click to equip a bundle that changes how you move around the world.
Using this item automatically equips it while running outside of combat. The effect can be removed by using the Stop Riding skill or by double-clicking this item again.’

Good luck.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)