Fractal Noob Q

Fractal Noob Q

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

I need 1 Mist Stone (15 Pristine Fractal Relics):

I have never played Fractals and that is what has stopped me from ever finishing my Maudry Backpack. No one in our tiny guild has ever done it so I need some advice.

I really don’t plan on doing Fractal after I get the piece so limited investment would be good.

What I have:
I have a number of characters with Exotic gear and Ascend toys,and solid builds, though none have Agony Resistance. I have read that you only need that at level ten and higher.

So my questions are:
How many people do you need in a party?
What are good classes?
How hard is it to get 1 Mist Stone (15 Pristine Fractal Relics) for a party of noobs?
Any suggestions on areas, paths, strategies, tutorials?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just fear spending all night in the Fractals without accomplishing anything.

Thanks for any help, guides, suggestions, etc.

Or any Sea of Sorrows players I am on every night 9 till midnight Eastern time, if you can run me though one.

Thanks!

Fractal Noob Q

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

A full party is always recommended as the fracs are built around such. (And in some cases you can’t progress without at least 3 for things like control panels.)

Good classes are Warrior, Guardian, Mesmer. That covers most of the bases. Engie, Necro and Ele are good seconds. A good thief can do some great damage as well.

Doing level 1-9 fracs shouldn’t be too hard to get those relics, it’s pretty easy to do once you get the groove going.

Unfortunately alot of the tricks/ease for fracs are better shown rather than told. I suggest looking up some videos on fractals.
Keep in mind that the levels you get are randomized. Getting Swamp 1st isn’t always the case for instance so be prepared.

Most of the fights you’ll encounter have mechanics tied to them be it as simple as “kill in this order” or “do X to keep your party alive from environmental damage” but those are saved for some of the more major fights.
There are a few that are just straight up kill, which is nice.

Duty is heavier than death.

Fractal Noob Q

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

You need five people. For the low fractals, it doesn’t matter who is in your party. It takes 5 pristine relics to make a Mists Stone, not 15; you get one pristine relic per fractal set completed. So, all you have to do is run a set of fractals (each set has four maps) every day for five days, and you’re done. I’d just stick to scale 9 or less, since you’re new to them. Even scale 1 will give you a pristine relic as long as you finish the fourth map.

Look up Fractals guides to see the details for each map.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Fractal Noob Q

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Hello,
Fractals are meant for a 5 players group. Each “path” is actually a random selection of 3 “mini dungeons” and one boss fractal. Each fractal (=the mini dungeons i’m talking about) have different encounters and strategies, and you have to complete all 4 including the boss to gain a level and a pristine relic. Fractals can be hard for newcomers, but level 1 to 10 aren’t so bad and mobs have low healths and damage compared to a fractal 50. I’d advice doing low levels only, and either doing it with guildies or joining a lfg such as " all welcome" or " non experienced". Good classes follow the dungeon pve meta. For easier runs, you want to have either a guard or a mesmer for defensive support, making it easier to recover from a mistake. Warrior is quite tanky and is good for newcomers. Eles is a really solid choice as well. All classes can do well in fractals, though. Try to not stack only one class, for instance 4 mesmers or thieves, and it will be alright.
Here’s a ling to gw2dungeons.net, a fantastic web sites with all the strategies and encounters: http://gw2dungeons.net/
If you’re on EU servers, I can come and help you, though i’m not that great of a teacher. Alternatively, the noob guild is helping new players to do dungeons, check the dungeon subforum.

Good luck.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Fractal Noob Q

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Thank you for the hints guys

Fractal Noob Q

Posted by: Marmatt.8590

Marmatt.8590

I would just do lvl 1 fractal five times, you get some experience doing fractals, plus the pristine that you need. You can only get 1 pristine per day per set. (i.e. 1-9, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50).

Mystogen 80 Mes
Knights Of The Knightmare
S3 Legend

Fractal Noob Q

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Number one thing you can do is not fear it.

Except for Mai Trin, always fear Mai Trin

If you’re not comfortable in your high damage + dodging abilities, I would suggest getting soldier gear.

Power, Toughness, Vitality

You can get it with karma, you can get it with WvW badges, you can get it through PvP or dungeons.

If you can get that, not only will you be set for early fractals, but you’ll be set for open world content as well. In addition, you’ll be better suited then what seems like 90% of the other people I’ve succeeded fractals with.

Make sure you DO NOT (and I can’t repeat this enough) join a group that advertises “EXP” or “Experience” as one of two things can happen:

A. They can screw it up and still blame you, they aren’t as nice as the “all welcome” people.

B. They will actually do good and whenever you mess up you’ll feel guilty like they’ve found you out and your cover is blown. Also you’ll lose the ability to ask questions and you’ll find it generally more difficult to communicate with your team.

On the other hand, if you join an all welcome team, no one should be mad at you. Guess what? If they do get mad at you, it’s on them, not you. You have nothing to fear, you are in the right as long as you’re trying.

Almost all fractal groups make it through successfully. Fractals level 1 could be completed easily by one good player and two dead weights.

The easiest classes are Guardian, Warrior and Ranger.

Finally, I advise you keep up with fractals rather than disposing of it as soon as you’re done with Mawdrey. There’s a reason some people say its easy while others say its hard. That’s because repetition is practice. I personally went from being a guy who almost had to quit and fail AC story to an invitee to some of the fastest Arah speed clears.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.