Fractal rings

Fractal rings

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

Are they ever going to become salvageable or included in any recipes? As it stands they just aren’t worth selling (4s95c nty) but they also take up a lot of bank slots just because we just can’t do anything with them yet.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Fractal rings

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

well i heard you can throw four of them into the mystic forge and see if any better rings come out.

Fractal rings

randomfightfan.4091

not true, sorry

Fractal rings

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

not true, sorry

you tried that out before? trying to put them into the mystic forge

Fractal rings

Posted by: Lanser.8520

Lanser.8520

not true, sorry

you tried that out before? trying to put them into the mystic forge

randomfightfan is right. You cannot throw these into the mystic forge to get another random ring back.

As of right now, extra rings are worth 5s and take up bank space. Most players won’t have a significant stash because of this reason. Hopefully that means that ArenaNet can add some system in the future that utilizes them without worry of market flood.

Fractal rings

randomfightfan.4091

I really wish they would make a recipe with rings similar to what they have with rares in the mystic forge. 4 rings for a new ring or chance (20% or something) for a random skin. Would be awesome.

Fractal rings

Posted by: camerrell.1963

camerrell.1963

I put 4 non infused ascended rings into the forge and got 1 random non infused ascended ring back. So it is possible but still nothing to see here.

Let us salvage these rings for globs or combine them for a chance at a better infused ring/item.

Fractal rings

Posted by: clay.7849

clay.7849

They need to make them NOT account bound. Then they can be sold on the TP and salvageable. And, those of us that like WvW more than fractals can gear up our characters too.

It is lunacy that you can buy every other tier of armor/weapons, including legendary, on the TP, but not ascended.

Fractal rings

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

They need to make them NOT account bound. Then they can be sold on the TP and salvageable. And, those of us that like WvW more than fractals can gear up our characters too.

It is lunacy that you can buy every other tier of armor/weapons, including legendary, on the TP, but not ascended.

Hell no.
Taking off account bound on Rings would create Mayhem.
The amount of ascended rings stored is ridiculously high. A sudden flood on the TP would not be ideal, also, they would never do that as it would seem kind of against the whole Laurel system. Fractal is a method for you to get ascended gear. To be able to farm ascended gear to sell would make it the new CoF1 and would funnel all players into making Fractals required, in a sense.

I think you should be able to trade rings in for a small amount of Karma or something.

Fractal rings

Posted by: Slaa.7561

Slaa.7561

Normally i would say… to bad, run fractals if you want fractal loot….
but Anet changed my opinion when they made “fractal” players have to do daily’s, and now guild missions to progress through fractals….running fractals does nothing to help me advance in fractals anymore.

in my opionion there are different main focuses for players
pve player – farmer, legondaries, cares about karma
fractal player – fractal weapons, fractal gear, fractal levels
pvp/wvw players – logs in to pvp

stop forcing people to cross their main focus, it just makes people mad.

Fractal rings

Posted by: ampy.1387

ampy.1387

but Anet changed my opinion when they made “fractal” players have to do daily’s, and now guild missions to progress through fractals….running fractals does nothing to help me advance in fractals anymore.

Couldn’t agree more…

Feels like politriks are going to start playing a role here which shouldn’t.

Music is the Weapon of the Future.

ïryss | Engineer

Fractal rings

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I put 4 non infused ascended rings into the forge and got 1 random non infused ascended ring back. So it is possible but still nothing to see here.

Let us salvage these rings for globs or combine them for a chance at a better infused ring/item.

O.O they added this!?!? I tried to do this about a month ago and it wouldn’t let me.
not that I have so many alts that I don’t have infused rings for them… salvaging them for ectos would be preferable, but it’s good to have at least some use for them.

Fractal rings

clay.7849

Hell no.
Taking off account bound on Rings would create Mayhem.
The amount of ascended rings stored is ridiculously high. A sudden flood on the TP would not be ideal, also, they would never do that as it would seem kind of against the whole Laurel system. Fractal is a method for you to get ascended gear. To be able to farm ascended gear to sell would make it the new CoF1 and would funnel all players into making Fractals required, in a sense.

I think you should be able to trade rings in for a small amount of Karma or something.

Well then enjoy your useless rings, while the rest of us with no interest in fractals all wonder why we can’t have ascended gear.

I have no pity for anyone that has a bunch of rings whining about what to do with them when there is a giant population of people who would buy them.

It’s completely ludicrous to gate stats behind specific content. Skins, I understand.

Fractal rings

clay.7849

If ascended gear had the same stats as exotics, but also gave you an infusion, I wouldn’t care at all about how you obtained them as they would be specifically for running fractals.

The bump in stats really irks me as a WvW player. Like you said, I must go outside the part of the game that is the most fun for me to go get the best in slot gear.

Sure, I don’t need it, which is the common argument at this point. But, there is also no reason to keep better stats locked behind various pointless content just to keep people playing the game longer.

Fractal rings

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

If ascended gear had the same stats as exotics, but also gave you an infusion, I wouldn’t care at all about how you obtained them as they would be specifically for running fractals.

The bump in stats really irks me as a WvW player. Like you said, I must go outside the part of the game that is the most fun for me to go get the best in slot gear.

Sure, I don’t need it, which is the common argument at this point. But, there is also no reason to keep better stats locked behind various pointless content just to keep people playing the game longer.

It doesn’t even necessarily make people play the game longer – it may merely make them play different content (which they don’t even like).

Polka will never die

Fractal rings

clay.7849

It doesn’t even necessarily make people play the game longer – it may merely make them play different content (which they don’t even like).

True. Although, the goal is to get them to play longer.

Fractal rings

Posted by: Jaded.8591

Jaded.8591

So this is gonna be a really long and annoying route, but why not just make a personal guild for the extra bank slots, with the guild stash and treasure trove. Thats what i am doing and im only 6oo pts away from my stash. could help with the bank slot problem

Jaded

Fractal rings

randomfightfan.4091

So this is gonna be a really long and annoying route, but why not just make a personal guild for the extra bank slots, with the guild stash and treasure trove. Thats what i am doing and im only 6oo pts away from my stash. could help with the bank slot problem

2 words, account bound. Your guild stash idea now doesn’t work

Fractal rings

Jaded.8591

I have a whole block of stuff in my bank that isn’t account bound. And any time you are trying to make gifts for legendary or ascended pieces you can put the materials in the stash instead of your bank account. It helps clear up space, that was my intention.

Jaded

Fractal rings

clay.7849

I have a whole block of stuff in my bank that isn’t account bound. And any time you are trying to make gifts for legendary or ascended pieces you can put the materials in the stash instead of your bank account. It helps clear up space, that was my intention.

You missed the point. Ascended gear IS account bound.

Fractal rings

Posted by: Cauldron.1653

Cauldron.1653

I wouldn’t be surprised if there will eventually be something like the exotic trinkets that can be forged by burning dungeon tokens just with ascended items and fractal relics.

“Your subterfuge of incognizance will erode under my fulgent dupery”

Fractal rings

Jaded.8591

You missed the point. Ascended gear IS account bound.

I know that ascended gear is account bound. What I am saying is a guild stash will clear up bank slots so that you have more space for things that ARE account bound. I will be able to clear a whole bank slot expansion of materials/runes/food/etc that i have excess of or are saving to make a legendary gift. and that will then provide room in your bank for account bound things that cant go into the stash.

Jaded

Fractal rings

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

@ Clay

I don’t understand your argument at all. You get certain rewards for doing certain things. I personally despise WvW and get bored after about half an hour. But unfortunately I need Badges of Honour, so I will have to spend hours half asleep at my keyboard partaking in zergs (solo or small scale play ends in too many deaths from stumbling upon groups of 1000+) to get 500 for my legendary.
The game does not revolve around you and your refusal to play other parts of the game. And really in comparison, the rewards other than ascended items that you get from doing FotM is far, FAR greater than WvW.

Granted, the difference between us is stats and skins, but ultimately it’s all stuff we plan on getting… Though now that I think about it, can’t you get all ascended trinkets with laurels? O.o

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

(edited by Dolan.3071)

Fractal rings

clay.7849

@ Clay

I don’t understand your argument at all. You get certain rewards for doing certain things. I personally despise WvW and get bored after about half an hour. But unfortunately I need Badges of Honour, so I will have to spend hours half asleep at my keyboard partaking in zergs (solo or small scale play ends in too many deaths from stumbling upon groups of 1000+) to get 500 for my legendary.
The game does not revolve around you and your refusal to play other parts of the game. And really in comparison, the rewards other than ascended items that you get from doing FotM is far, FAR greater than WvW.

Granted, the difference between us is stats and skins, but ultimately it’s all stuff we plan on getting… Though now that I think about it, can’t you get all ascended trinkets with laurels? O.o

I don’t play this game for monetary rewards, I play this game for fun. WvW is way more fun FOR ME than doing fractals.

Furthermore, you can purchase every tier of gear in the TP now, including legendaries, except for ascended gear.

All I am saying is that, people are whining about what to do with their ascended gear they don’t need – and there are people that would gladly pay for it to the same tune as what it costs to get exotic gear, if not more.

Why wouldn’t you make the two sides happy? Except that most fractal players refuse to accept the idea of selling their rings. So, if they don’t want to sell them – then I don’t really care if they rot in their inventory or if they can only get 5s from the merchant.

It’s pretty selfish to want a solution to what to do with unneeded ascended gear but refuse to sell them to other players.

Also, you don’t need to go into WvW to get a legendary. You can buy one off the TP. All I’m asking is to be able to do the same.