G keys?

G keys?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: ScytheRyder.7342

ScytheRyder.7342

Q:

Heys guys this is my first post and I was wondering if I could get banned for using my keyboreds “G keys” to rapidly open bags?

Its a simple question, but I wasn’t sure if doing this broke the RnR.

G keys?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

A:

any action controlled by thirdparty software that automates an action or serie of actions in the game AND that gives you an unfair advantage may result in a ban.

So I assume you are opening lootbags right?? if you are using those keys to press e.g. G1 to automaitcly open all lootbags in your inventory that is an unfair advantage. However if you press the same button and one lootbag is opened that should be ok. (mousebutton click or G1-key click is basicly the same action).

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

G keys?

Posted by: ScytheRyder.7342

ScytheRyder.7342

Ok then thank you very much.

G keys?

Posted by: OptimaDane.3025

OptimaDane.3025

any action controlled by thirdparty software that automates an action or serie of actions in the game AND that gives you an unfair advantage may result in a ban.

So I assume you are opening lootbags right?? if you are using those keys to press e.g. G1 to automaitcly open all lootbags in your inventory that is an unfair advantage. However if you press the same button and one lootbag is opened that should be ok. (mousebutton click or G1-key click is basicly the same action).

Just me having a very hard time seeing opening lootbags without getting RSI in your hands as being an “advantage” ? (not like you get better loot from them since you open then faster… ?)

G keys?

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

You know how we have a deposit all collectables button? Imagine if we had an open all loot bags button? I have to say my left pointer finger would love this (poor guy has clicked those kitten bags so many times).

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

G keys?

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

Recycle you might want to send in a ticket asking if this is legal according to the devs. Cant remember if they said this was permitted or not. Would hate for you to get banned cause you don’t want to carpel tunnel syndrome.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

G keys?

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Recycle you might want to send in a ticket asking if this is legal according to the devs. Cant remember if they said this was permitted or not. Would hate for you to get banned cause you don’t want to carpel tunnel syndrome.

It doesn’t give me an unfair advantage over other players and it doesn’t automate my gameplay, I don’t see the point where this would get me banned.

Edit: Here’s a respond from Anet if you’re interested

From Gaile Gray (Support Liaison):

“As you are aware, we cannot approve or review or “vet” any third-party program; that is a given. However, our position is somewhat different than the one expressed in the GM response, so I’ve already contacted the team to be sure that everyone is on the same page.

Our general statement is that anything that gives advantage is forbidden. There are many utilities that help the player without taking a hit on others, without, for instance, being a detriment to the other players in a match. TexMod is one example of a program that doesn’t really give anyone an advantage over someone else. I’ve heard about certain programs that help disabled players, and those seem just fine, too. And of course there are others. We can’t say “Sure, use this and that and that other thing” because that’s tantamount to “approval,” but we do recognize the distinction between advantage-giving programs and those that simply make it easier to play the game under specific circumstances."

(edited by Recycle.5493)