GEMFX help?

GEMFX help?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: zallis.2138

zallis.2138

I cant get GEMFX to change the look of the game. It seemed to install fine and running it has no issues but it doesn’t do anything to GW2. It is installed in the bin folder and I have tried running as administrator. I also toggled the compatability mode or whatever on gemfx. I had the same issue with sweetfx and eventually gave up. Am I supposed to run the game through gemfx similar to how you had to on sweetfx? Also, gemfx does crash when I try the offline preview

Information about New Outriders
en.guildwars2.com/forum/guilds/recruitment/New-OutRiders-NOR-Recruitment-Post/first#post2721974

GEMFX help?

Posted by: Nemesishawk.4795

Nemesishawk.4795

It seems that for some it might be needed to drop the GEMFX files in the bin folder and also the main directory.

GEMFX help?

Posted by: shogei.8015

shogei.8015

I am having the same problem. I have the GemFX files in both places and yet hitting F9 does nothing. Are there other steps I could try?

Guild warrior for life!

GEMFX help?

Posted by: BammBamm.6719

BammBamm.6719

using gemfx in the bin folder and works totally fine. did you start the gemfx configurator, maybe its set as enabled there

GEMFX help?

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

Took me few tries to get it to work. I only really needed to install it into the Bin folder. It’s best if you use “Lens Flares”, otherwise you might not notice the changes at the beggining.

If it won’t work, try using SweetFX in the other tab, worked for me first from what I can remember.

http://puu.sh/fObVJ/37492f420b.png
My settings.

GEMFX help?

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

The forums aren’t a place to discuss 3rd party software. Use Google instead.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

GEMFX help?

Posted by: tonny.7580

tonny.7580

i have seim proplem i but in to the bin and it not activating i us to have other vers of it but i unstal it long ago becos new pc lasy to renistal it now i was hoping to download i but in bin folther but noting happening when i seting ifen f9 to react

GEMFX help?

tonny.7580

to u have AMD gaming evolved?

GEMFX help?

tonny.7580

i finnaly got the fix thad to gemfx site u need to but one in gw2 folter and nother in bin soo both are in there

GEMFX help?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Figured this would be a place to post. I put gemfx into my gw2 directory and bin folder, when I have it in bin my game won’t load. Anyone able to point me to where I might find some info on troubleshooting?

GEMFX help?

Posted by: Urska.7539

Urska.7539

The forums aren’t a place to discuss 3rd party software. Use Google instead.

Google, tells us NOTHING about this…
i have to this issues as well… i 100% have the same issue as OP dose…

GEMFX help?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

And funny enough, my google search is what lead me to this thread :b

GEMFX help?

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

Just make sure to follow the instructions on their website. There really isn’t much support for GemFX right now, so I hope this works.
For me, these settings worked:
http://puu.sh/fZolS/4eb895c4f2.png
http://puu.sh/fZomh/fb7320ac59.png
Make sure to check if you can enable the filter in game by pressing F9.

Attachments:

GEMFX help?

Posted by: Thunderdown.1436

Thunderdown.1436

Hi, i know this is a little bit off topic but i didnt know where else to look and hopefully someone here can help.

I’ve tried to put presets into my gemfx/preset/current file, removing the default preset and when i load the configurator it comes up with System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Gw2\bin\GEMFX\Presets\current\GEMFX_settings.cfg’.
File name: ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Gw2\bin\GEMFX\Presets\current\GEMFX_settings.cfg’ even though its right therein my preset folder. Now it launches the program regardless of this but it cant load the preset from the file and i get the same error when i try to save but it says access is denied to the file even when im running everything as administrator.

The preset doesnt seem to have the notepad symbol next to it like the default preset but i downloaded the presets straight from http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/ and followed the instructions on how to install it but the error keeps popping up when i try to load the configurator.

Oh btw the default preset that comes with gemfx didnt have “.cfg” at the end of it, it only had “GEMFX_settings”

PLZ halp meh!!

GEMFX help?

Posted by: zombiedeadhead.9830

zombiedeadhead.9830

Simple solution, and most effective, stop using programmes like this, and set up your monitor properly.

GEMFX help?

Posted by: Connrad.5871

Connrad.5871

Simple solution, and most effective, stop using programmes like this, and set up your monitor properly.

Setting your monitor up properly doesn’t remove the haze and (the way they made the game) and people like their color saturation different. You can also change a lot of effects that are not affected by how your monitor is set.

Konnrad – 80 Elementalist
MF Officer/Commander
[MF] Malum Factum

GEMFX help?

Connrad.5871

Hi, i know this is a little bit off topic but i didnt know where else to look and hopefully someone here can help.

I’ve tried to put presets into my gemfx/preset/current file, removing the default preset and when i load the configurator it comes up with System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Gw2\bin\GEMFX\Presets\current\GEMFX_settings.cfg’.
File name: ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Gw2\bin\GEMFX\Presets\current\GEMFX_settings.cfg’ even though its right therein my preset folder. Now it launches the program regardless of this but it cant load the preset from the file and i get the same error when i try to save but it says access is denied to the file even when im running everything as administrator.

The preset doesnt seem to have the notepad symbol next to it like the default preset but i downloaded the presets straight from http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/ and followed the instructions on how to install it but the error keeps popping up when i try to load the configurator.

Oh btw the default preset that comes with gemfx didnt have “.cfg” at the end of it, it only had “GEMFX_settings”

PLZ halp meh!!

Just open the settings you want to use, highlight everything in it and copy it all. Now open the original config file (there is a copy in the Backup folder so don’t worry), highlight everything and paste here. Save the file and it should start without the error.

MF Officer/Commander
[MF] Malum Factum

GEMFX help?

Connrad.5871

And funny enough, my google search is what lead me to this thread :b

So I guess it is a good thing someone started it, right?

MF Officer/Commander
[MF] Malum Factum

GEMFX help?

Posted by: Eros.6801

Eros.6801

There is a class call " Necromancer" you guys should check it out !!

Extra : for those who can’t use gemfx anymore that because you use 64 client and you have to select “64Bit – Application”