GW Demo's

GW Demo's

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Roman God of War.6953

Roman God of War.6953

Hey, I saw an old google search that lead a GW page about downloading a demo, and to sign up to receive notifications of future demo opportunities. Any idea how often these are? I obviously already have GW2 but I am looking to get friends involved!

Thanks for any info

GW Demo's

Roman God of War.6953

Found my own answer for anyone else who may have the same question!!

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/27697743-Refunds

check this url it is virtually the same as a demo

GW Demo's

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I wouldn’t recommend buying the game and then requesting a refund as a substitute for a demo. It says on that page that not all serial code (account) purchases will be eligible and doesn’t give any details on what the criteria are. Too much risk.

They do have free trials every so often, but I don’t know when the next one will be.

In between I’d suggest inviting real life friends to your house to see/play the game and showing online friends videos (there are videos of pretty much every aspect of the game) and answering their questions.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

GW Demo's

Roman God of War.6953

I thought about that too, unfortunately my friends have never played a mmo before, and I think that sitting and being ‘watched’ playing the first time would steer them away from it. I think they would get hooked best if they could do it alone in the comfort of their own home. I also thought about giving them my credentials so they could, but I decided I didn’t like the off chance they click a wrong button and delete any of my stuff.

I guess I should maybe call support and ask for the criteria. Thank you for the idea and concerns though stranger!

GW Demo's

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

I also thought about giving them my credentials so they could, but I decided I didn’t like the off chance they click a wrong button and delete any of my stuff.

It’s also against the ToS.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

GW Demo's

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It looks like the game is half price from now to Aug 24. That date is no coincidence, as Aug 25 is the 2nd anniversary of early access launch. Perhaps your friends could be persuaded to buy the game for the price of a good tshirt?

GW Demo's

Roman God of War.6953

^ that is exactly what happened haha