Gaming Mouse for GW2

Gaming Mouse for GW2

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: darthsmall.8246

darthsmall.8246

I’m looking to purchase a gaming mouse and I mainly play GW2 so I was wondering which gaming mouse you guys think suits GW2 the best and is worth the money

Gaming Mouse for GW2

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

It depends on what kind of a player you are. There is really no “right” or “wrong”. Some people prefer having all of their commands on their mouse, others prefer smaller mice. Some like a specific shape over others. Personally, my experience with mice in gaming is that utility comes second to comfort, unless there’s a very significant lack of utility.

As an example, I used a SideWinder X8 because the shape was perfect, but I ended up ditching it because the batteries started dying and charging a wireless mouse all the time kinda makes the wirelessness pointless. I returned to my trustworthy IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0, but I found out that its 450dpi just wasn’t enough for my 1920×1080 monitor, especially since some of the games I played did not have an internal sensitivity adjustment option, causing extra hassle when wanting to play some games. In the end, I looked for a mouse that had the closest shape to the IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0, but came with a DPI switch.

If you’d like having all of your most important hotkeys on your mouse, then I suggest looking into Razer Naga or Logitech G600.
On the other hand, if you’re just looking for an overall good mouse, then Logitech G400 or Razer DeathAdder
If you’re a person with smaller hands, then I’d look into Logitech G300 or Razer Abyssus

Personally, I’m using a Zowie EC1 eVo because it’s the closest I could find to an IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0, which sadly doesn’t provide high enough sensitivity (or a dpi switch) to match my preferences.

(edited by Olba.5376)

Gaming Mouse for GW2

darthsmall.8246

It depends on what kind of a player you are. There is really no “right” or “wrong”. Some people prefer having all of their commands on their mouse, others prefer smaller mice. Some like a specific shape over others.

If you’d like having all of your most important hotkeys on your mouse, then I suggest looking into Razer Naga or Logitech G600.
On the other hand, if you’re just looking for an overall good mouse, then Logitech G400 or Razer DeathAdder
If you’re a person with smaller hands, then I’d look into Logitech G300 or Razer Abyssus

Personally, I’m using a Zowie EC1 eVo because it’s the closest I could find to an IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0, which sadly doesn’t provide high enough sensitivity (or a dpi switch) to match my preferences.

Wow I didn’t expect such a quick and detailed response. Thanks I’ll check out all these mice and see which one I’d go for!

Gaming Mouse for GW2

Olba.5376

It depends on what kind of a player you are. There is really no “right” or “wrong”. Some people prefer having all of their commands on their mouse, others prefer smaller mice. Some like a specific shape over others.

Wow I didn’t expect such a quick and detailed response. Thanks I’ll check out all these mice and see which one I’d go for!

Some people are geeks when it comes to the headphones they use. Others are rabid about how bad LCD monitors are in comparison to CRT. Some would give you a sermon about how great mechanical keyboards are. Personally, the only thing I have ever felt hindered my gaming was mice.

Gaming Mouse for GW2

darthsmall.8246

Actually one question, do these ones have wires or are they wireless? because I find wireless mouses weird and less responsive so I’d like to have a mouse with a wire, thanks

Gaming Mouse for GW2

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

Logitech G700 does it for me. It’s designed around the “claw” type grip -which I prefer. Gives me something to hold on to during those “Oh sh…” moments.

Gaming Mouse for GW2

Olba.5376

Actually one question, do these ones have wires or are they wireless? because I find wireless mouses weird and less responsive so I’d like to have a mouse with a wire, thanks

All of them are wired.

Personally, having used the SideWinder X8, I cannot say that the responsiveness of the wireless itself was a problem, but the additional weight from the battery definitely was an issue. That is, of course, going to affect the responsiveness of the mouse.

Gaming Mouse for GW2

darthsmall.8246

All of them are wired.

Personally, having used the SideWinder X8, I cannot say that the responsiveness of the wireless itself was a problem, but the additional weight from the battery definitely was an issue. That is, of course, going to affect the responsiveness of the mouse.

Thanks man, looked at the first to and I think that many buttons would just confuse me but that’s just me looking through the rest now

Gaming Mouse for GW2

Olba.5376

All of them are wired.

Thanks man, looked at the first to and I think that many buttons would just confuse me but that’s just me looking through the rest now

Do note that there are two versions of the Razer Naga. The regular Naga has 12 buttons, whereas Naga Hex has 6.

Gaming Mouse for GW2

darthsmall.8246

I like the look of the Logitech G400 and G300

Gaming Mouse for GW2

darthsmall.8246

Not sure about the hex….And one more question….What things do you bind to your mouse in GW2?

Gaming Mouse for GW2

Olba.5376

Not sure about the hex….And one more question….What things do you bind to your mouse in GW2?

Personally, I have:
Dodge: Mouse 4
Utility skill: Mouse 5
Utility skill: Mouse 3 (the wheel button)

Other than that, I have my healing skill on Q, the third utility on E and elite on C.

I like the look of the Logitech G400 and G300

Both of those mice have designs that Logitech has been doing for years. The shape on the G400 dates back over a decade.

(edited by Olba.5376)

Gaming Mouse for GW2

darthsmall.8246

Personally, I have:

Other than that, I have my healing skill on Q, the third utility on E and elite on C.

I was of thinking of having f1-f4 on the mouse especially since i’m either gonna play ele or mesmer

Gaming Mouse for GW2

Olba.5376

Personally, I have:

I was of thinking of having f1-f4 on the mouse especially since i’m either gonna play ele or mesmer

Sounds like a good plan. Cannot really say much on that, since the only classes that I’ve played are Thief and Warrior, both of which only have a skill on F1.

Do note that just because you have 4 skills doesn’t mean that you necessarily need 4 buttons. For example, you could do Mouse 3, Mouse 4, Mouse 5 and Shift + Mouse 3.

(edited by Olba.5376)

Gaming Mouse for GW2

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I use a Logitech G500 and I love it, it has 2 side buttons I use for heal and dodge, and the mouse-wheel lock toggle is very handy for times when you need to spin the wheel really quickly.

I use ctrl m4 for f1, ctrl m5 for f2

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Gaming Mouse for GW2

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

with a logitech G500 i have my dodge on tilting my mousewheel to the right, gives a very fast response time for that. Additionally i have heal the thumb button closest to myself, and elite for the other thumb button. That it for the mouse then my uttilities i have bound to QER, and got my profession skills on Alt+1/2/3/4

Gaming Mouse for GW2

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

I play with a g600 and could never go back to any other mouse.

I have all 10 skills, f1-f4 and weapon swap all mapped on it with a button to spare

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Gaming Mouse for GW2

Posted by: Rakuren Kenshou.7689

Rakuren Kenshou.7689

I use the G600 and I love it. I recommend it for anyone.

I have also used the WoW Cataclysm gaming mouse quite a bit and it’s okay. But I vastly prefer the G600.

“I reject your reality and substitute my own.”

Gaming Mouse for GW2

Posted by: codpin.6542

codpin.6542

G700 user here. I have all 3 utilities and the elite skill bound on the side buttons and it works like a charm.

Faith of Astora - Guardian | Faith Mess - Mesmer | Faith War - Warrior
Member of ASq Guild – Gandara [EU]

Gaming Mouse for GW2

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

I also use the G700 and it’s great. My heal is the side-bottom button closest to me, so just rolling my thumb up a little bit hits heal. I have the f-keys set to the other side keys and moving the mouse wheel left is set for target closest, mouse wheel right is next target. The three extra buttons on the top of the mouse are for weapon swapping, changing ranger pets, and the last one is also set based on the profession I’m playing at the time. The G700 was very quick to learn and completely intuitive. In comparison the Naga button placement leaves a lot to be desired.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Gaming Mouse for GW2

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

I use a Razer Hex. I have dodge and skills 6-10 mapped to the six thumb buttons. My TS push to talk is the button just behind the mouse wheel. The second middle button there isn’t mapped, because I have to contort my hand to reach it, so I prefer to not use it, but I’m not even sure what I would use it for. I suspect that people with smaller hands wouldn’t have as much problem reaching it easily.

It’s one of the simpler gaming mice, but I love it.

Gaming Mouse for GW2

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

I use the Cyborg Rat 3, its my first ‘gaming mouse’ only has two extra buttons on it but it works great
Despite it looking like a Transformer it actually fits the hand really well!
It cost £30 from a local PC store.

http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/rat3.htm

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

Gaming Mouse for GW2

Posted by: Markadis.9012

Markadis.9012

I use a Razer Hex. I have dodge and skills 6-10 mapped to the six thumb buttons. My TS push to talk is the button just behind the mouse wheel. The second middle button there isn’t mapped, because I have to contort my hand to reach it, so I prefer to not use it, but I’m not even sure what I would use it for. I suspect that people with smaller hands wouldn’t have as much problem reaching it easily.

It’s one of the simpler gaming mice, but I love it.

sorry to bring up old news, but I am also looking for a gaming mouse designed for GW2.

How is the Razer Hex? I have been reading articles about the issues where it is always required to be online to use. Do you have any lag problems when you are switching settings? Also, does your mouse not work properly if you aren’t online?

This is an old link I have read about the issues stated above:

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20130102/08162321542/razer-updates-synapse-software-with-better-offline-mode-other-problematic-features-remain-unchanged.kittenml

This link is about the Razer Ouroboros, but the issues are also about the Synapsis 2.0:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/66206-3-razer-ouroboros-synapse-problems

Anyways. If you could give me some feedback please, that would be great.

Or if anyone can give a suggestion for a great mouse for GW2. Something similar to the Hex (high DPI, comfortable for claw grip, averaging 6 buttons over all); I am not looking for something like the Razer Naga which has 12 buttons. That’s way too many.

Thank you in advance.

Server- Blackgate
Characters- Levicus (Ele); Levicus Gear (Eng);
Levicus Shield (War)

Gaming Mouse for GW2

Posted by: Persephone.7436

Persephone.7436

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104407
Thumb might be hard to learn but I grew up on it and cant go any other way. Regular mice kill my wrists, this is lovely. For a game like GW five button mouse is enough.

Gaming Mouse for GW2

Markadis.9012

A trackball? People game with those things? Hell. I haven’t even seen one in 10 years!

Server- Blackgate
Levicus Shield (War)

Gaming Mouse for GW2

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

A trackball? People game with those things? Hell. I haven’t even seen one in 10 years!

I actually use that trackball’s wired model at work (on my second so far). Works great, but I’ve tended to wear the scroll wheel on them. Will probably end up with that one next. I even considered playing Eve Online with a trackball, but moved to the MX510 instead (now known as the G400 IIRC).

As for current use at home, ended up on the G700 since its a natural extension of the old 510’s button layout. My arrangement is different than the other person here mentioned, but I do like some of the keybind suggestions (thanks btw). One thing to note: your PC may not always wake up from sleep mode with correct bindings. A quick bounce of the management software fixes it.

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

Gaming Mouse for GW2

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

-boggles- I have to be online to use my HEX? That’s news to me. It certainly works before I open any browsers. Now, I don’t swap its settings around, so maybe that needs a connection to the RAZER site, I have no idea. The only issue I have with it is that I have to manually correct mouse scroll from 30 lines to 3 lines every time I boot my machine, though that might be from my old ABYSSUS driver as I still have the latter mouse hooked in as well.

I love the HEX for GW2. It’s a little clunky for more precise movement (hence my keeping the lighter weight mouse ready to hand). For instance, there’s a minesweeper like game I like to play, and I cannot speedily move to and click the tiny squares with the HEX. For GW2 it’s awesome. I couldn’t effectively dodge without it — I bought it after BWE1 because of that issue.

Gaming Mouse for GW2

Markadis.9012

-boggles- I have to be online to use my HEX? That’s news to me. It certainly works before I open any browsers. Now, I don’t swap its settings around, so maybe that needs a connection to the RAZER site, I have no idea. The only issue I have with it is that I have to manually correct mouse scroll from 30 lines to 3 lines every time I boot my machine, though that might be from my old ABYSSUS driver as I still have the latter mouse hooked in as well.

I love the HEX for GW2. It’s a little clunky for more precise movement (hence my keeping the lighter weight mouse ready to hand). For instance, there’s a minesweeper like game I like to play, and I cannot speedily move to and click the tiny squares with the HEX. For GW2 it’s awesome. I couldn’t effectively dodge without it — I bought it after BWE1 because of that issue.

To clarify: you haven’t seen any lag issues, but you also don’t switch profiles/swap dpi settings. Also, the Hex feels clunky for you, so FPS would be out of the question.

From what you are saying, this mouse just isn’t designed for FPS, but would work well for GW2 or any other similar MMOs?

Server- Blackgate
Levicus Shield (War)

Gaming Mouse for GW2

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Your clarification is correct. I don’t know if it would block me from FPS as I have never had the twitch reflexes to enjoy that sort of gaming experience anyway, so I don’t play them. I -did- find it difficult to play WoW with it, the one time I went back to play post GW2 launch, but I think I just in general had developed GW2 reflexes and would have been stymied by WoW’s mechanics regardless.

It works just fine for web browsing, Peggle, and GW2, those being my prime computer activities. For GW2, it greatly enhances my experience. It is possible settings could be changed to improve it for FPS; I happen to like large cursor movement from small mouse motion so I use perhaps 7" width of my mouse pad. (one reason the Clocktower chewed me up so badly, I kept running out of pad from the constant right motion). Maybe I’d have finer control if I needed grosser movement for tiny cursor flicks.

Gaming Mouse for GW2

Markadis.9012

So, I ran out and bought the Razer Hex yesterday… so far. I have never been so unhappier with a purchase. Its not the mouse itself, its the Razer Synapse 2.0 that I have register too. I got some major issues with and its not letting my update my firmware for the mouse.

Anyways, I’ll probably just return it on Monday seeing as how Razer’s support hasn’t contacted me back yet.

Thanks for the help though. I guess the only way to really know is to get it yourself.

Server- Blackgate
Levicus Shield (War)