Gear vendors with specific stats?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Silverforte.8540

Silverforte.8540

I’ve noticed there is a gear type ( I don’t know much about end-game here ) with Power, Vit and Toughness and a rune that gives Toughness and Vitality per rune. Are there any end-game gear vendors with a set like this? I don’t want alternatives or suggestions, I just want to know where I have to go or what I have to do to find gear with power, vit, toughness and rune bonuses for toughness and vitality.

Thanks!

Posted by: SliceOfHam.2419

SliceOfHam.2419

The combination you are talking about is Soldier’s stat combination. As for “end-game” gear, currently you can only obtain them as ascended chest drops or crafting. They are ascended tier grade (pink colored). Edited The chests may be dropped from world bosses like Tequalt in Southsun or from Fractals of the Mist dungeon.

The current ascended set you will be interested in is Ahamid’s soldier set. You might want to see if another set might be better for you as there are new set combos with HoT expansion.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Item_nomenclature

As for the runes, just buy them off the trade post is your best bet.

Posted by: Klaugh.7415

Klaugh.7415

For runes, Trooper will give Toughness and Vitality (and condition removal on shouts). Melandru gives Toughness with a little Vitality, and has -condition duration.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Ok, this might get long but I’m going to try and explain the whole situation, because end-game gear is one area this game is quite different to most others.

Equipment tiers

There are 6 tiers (rarities) in the game, and all equipment of the same tier and level is equally good, regardless of where it comes from. A level 80 exotic beserker’s staff that drops from a random enemy will be identical to one that’s crafted by a player or bought with dungeon tokens.

The tiers, in order, are:
White / Common
Blue / Fine
Green / Masterwork
Yellow / Rare
Orange / Exotic
Pink / Ascended

(There’s also legendary weapons, and soon armor, but those have identical stats to ascended, they just have fancier skins.)

So ascended is best, right? Yes, it is. But there’s a huge jump in how difficult it is to obtain compared to exotics, and the difference in stats is very minimal by comparison. In addition it was a late addition so most of the game is balanced around exotics. Which means a lot of people choose to stick with exotics instead, or only get ascended trinkets (which are easier to obtain than the armor and weapons). Even people who do want ascended eventually will often get a full set of matching exotics to use while they gradually work towards ascended.

Gear Sets

This game doesn’t have gear sets in the same sense as other games: most stat combinations are available in a variety of ways and (as noted above) if they’re the same rarity and level they’re just as good so it’s entirely up to you which ones you go for.

It’s also worth bearing in mind that because the wardrobe system makes the stats and skins separate they have separate names. The ones that are relevant to you (and to most discussions about gear) and the names given to the stat combination. The names of specific sets are only really used when talking about the skins.

There’s 2 wiki pages which are extremely helpful here:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Item_nomenclature

That page gives you a list of all the available stat combinations and the names given to them. I can never remember the name of the page but if you search the wiki for ‘prefix’, ‘suffix’ or the name of any of the sets you’ll be re-directed to it.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Equipment_acquisition_by_stats

This page tells you where all the stat combinations can be found. Because most of them are available from multiple places it won’t list a specific vendor or anything on that page, but if you follow the links it will tell you.

Power, Vitality and Toughness

This set is called Soldier’s gear and it’s pretty widely available at exotic rarity. You’ll be able to buy exotics with those stats on the trading post, craft them yourself, buy them from WvW vendors for badges of honour, from karma merchants in the Temples in Orr with karma, or get them from some dungeons with tokens. Which method you use is up to you, and it’s also possible to mix and match pieces from different places if you don’t have enough of one currency.

Ascended weapons and armor basically have to be crafted (they do drop from certain places but extremely rarely) and they’re account bound so you have to craft them yourself. Aside from the fact that some of the materials are time-gated and it’s much more expensive than exotics it’s not too bad though.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”