Gem Store Purchase

Gem Store Purchase

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: AuroraSkies.5793

AuroraSkies.5793

I just bought a 2000 Gem Card from my local game store so I could unlock the episodes from Living World Season 2 that I hadn’t already got for 960 Gems. Now I have just over 1000 gems left and I wan’t to buy something else from the Gem Store. I had already previously bought a bank expansion but now I wanted something a little different.

Judging by the small amount of research I’ve done, the Copper-Fed Salvage-O-Matic is not theoretically worth it’s cost but many people find it very useful and enjoy using it.

On the other hand, I really like the look of the Hawk Wings Glider Backpack Combo and I feel like I’d really enjoy having it. Seeing as the wings are potentially a short-time available purchase, would it be better to get them for now to be safe?

Also some questions about the wings. Once I buy them, am I able to swap them between my characters whenever I want? And how do I do that?

Gem Store Purchase

Posted by: anninke.7469

anninke.7469

The backpiece skin goes to your wardrobe, so you can use it on any character for Transmutation Charge. Glider skins can be switched in Hero panel. Any toon can use any skin you have unlocked.

I won’t tell you what to buy, I myself am a “wooo, that’s pretty… oops, I bought it” type of person, so I’d rather be quiet.

Gem Store Purchase

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The salvage tool is an excellent convenience purchase, however since u can make mystic kits which are better and in bulk or easily buy kits, I would advocate going with the unique look from the hawk wings.

Gem Store Purchase

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

The salvage-o-matic makes a tedious task less, but still tedious. It isn’t going to bring you enjoyment.

The wings on the other hand, if you like them, will bring you enjoyment the entire time you’re playing your character and even more when you glide.

I recommend the wings.

Gem Store Purchase

Posted by: Shafara.8217

Shafara.8217

You have to treat the copper salvage kit as convinient item instead on an upgrade.

Gem Store Purchase

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’ve never bothered to get any of the infinite salvage kits. I use mystic kits most of the time anyway because I have loads of Mystic Forge Stones and because they have 250 uses they’re much less frustrating to use than the 25 use kits.

If I was you I’d get the wings. You can apply the back item to any or all of your characters through the wardrobe (you will need to pay 1 transmutation charge for each one) and the glider can be equipped on any or all of your characters for free using the glider tab.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Gem Store Purchase

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I’ll represent the opposite party here.
While wings are pretty and mystic kits can somehow replace the copper fed salvage machine, truth is I DO enjoy way more using the salvage convenience than the ubiquituous and inescapable wings every one spam in their toons.

Wings will come and go, and you’ll grow tired of them at some point in the future. They will obstruct and difficult your performance at jumping challenges, and will irk people around you, specially on dungeons and fractals.

Every single time you use it, the salvage kit will give you peace in front of the constant influx of trash this game puts into our inventories: You’ll know, once you have it, you will never again have to depend on mystic stones, vendors, proper levels or any other thing to be relieved of the crap. You’ll be free.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Gem Store Purchase

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I’ll represent the opposite party here.
While wings are pretty and mystic kits can somehow replace the copper fed salvage machine, truth is I DO enjoy way more using the salvage convenience than the ubiquituous and inescapable wings every one spam in their toons.

Wings will come and go, and you’ll grow tired of them at some point in the future. They will obstruct and difficult your performance at jumping challenges, and will irk people around you, specially on dungeons and fractals.

Every single time you use it, the salvage kit will give you peace in front of the constant influx of trash this game puts into our inventories: You’ll know, once you have it, you will never again have to depend on mystic stones, vendors, proper levels or any other thing to be relieved of the crap. You’ll be free.

+1 to this

Convenience and useful things before aesthetics.

~EW

Gem Store Purchase

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I’d go for the wings, or hold on to them to see if there’s something you would like later, whether it’s a new seasonal item, a character slot when you want something new, etc. Gems don’t go bad, after all.

As for the salvaging kit, I just load up ~4 or so Basic Salvaging Kits whenever I expect to be away from a merchant for a while. I have enough inventory space (lots of 18 and 20 slot bags,) so as long as I’m salvaging stuff and depositing materials after a map event, I don’t have much trouble. With the new “right click to salvage blue/green or less” option on salvage kits, it’s never been easier to manage the constant flow of materials, with or without an infinite kit.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Gem Store Purchase

Posted by: Exclamatory.8351

Exclamatory.8351

Once you go salvage-o-matic, you never go back. Seriously.

Gem Store Purchase

Posted by: skigorn.7910

skigorn.7910

If you get wings make sure it’s on a Norn. The wings are huge and do a great job irritating everyone

TBH I love the copper fed-o-matic. I have it in a shared inventory slot and never have to worry about kits on ANY character. Now with the right-click option to salvage everything of a certain level (or lower), it has enormous value (to me).

One thing I’ll say is with the Anet anniversary closely approaching, you may see discounts and returning items. I am holding my gems until the anniversary sale, because with my luck I’ll buy something now and it’ll be 50% off in a couple weeks.

Look at previous sales to get an idea of what’s possibly on the horizon.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem_Store/Anniversary_Sales

(edited by skigorn.7910)

Gem Store Purchase

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Skigorn has a very solid point. With an (almost certain) anniversary sale right around the corner, I’d hang on to those gems.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Gem Store Purchase

Posted by: Torzini.1523

Torzini.1523

Once you go salvage-o-matic, you never go back. Seriously.

This. A salvage-o-matic was the very first gem store item I bought and I have zero regrets. The convenience is too awesome.

Especially now, with the new salvage all option.