Gem Store Tab Broken (resolved)

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

I can use the other tabs of the Trading Post, like trading gems or selling stuff just fine, but whenever I open the gem store tab the last couple of days, everything inside (images, links, the revolving product banner) is all jumbled up.

Has anyone had this problem before and if so, how did you fix it?

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Heya, KyreneZA.
Is this the issue you are describing?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Gem-store-error

Or do you mean that everything is kind of thrown all the way to the left and stacked on eachother or fonts all messed up?

Have you tried to Run As Administrator and clear your gw2 game cache files already to see if that helps fix it?

Run As Admin

• Close your game completely.
  • Ensure your game is set to Run As Administrator in the shortcut’s Properties > Compatibility tab.

Clear the game cache
In addition to ‘Running As Administrator’ helping with many issues other than just the TP, most TP-specific issues are primarily related to some temporary GW2 files where removing them will allow them to be recreated and the TP to function properly again.

The quickest way to clear the GW2 Cache is to:

1. Ensure your game is completely closed.
  2. Hold your “Windows Key” and press “F” to open Windows Search on your computer.
  3. Search for “gw2cache
  4. It will find a folder called “gw2cache-{bunch-of-letters-and-numbers}” at:
    “C:\Users\YourComputerUserName\AppData\Local\Temp”
  5. Delete this “gw2cache-{bunch-of-letters-and-numbers}” folder that is shown in the results.
  6. Load up your game normally and your TP should now function properly.

If your search for “gw2cache” does not produce the folder I mentioned, then you will need to enable hidden files and folders in order to delete this cache folder.

Make hidden files visible and clear the game cache

1. Close your game completely.
  2. Browse your My Computer to: “C:\Users\YourComputerUserName”
  3. Then in the window menus, click on “Tools” then “Folder Options…”
  4. In the window that pops up, click the “View” tab
  5. Select to “Show hidden files, folders and drives” and click ‘OK’ (attached image #1)
  6. You should now see a folder in your file listing called “AppData”, open this folder
  7. Inside that folder open the “Local” folder
  8. Inside that folder open the “Temp” folder
  9. You should now see a folder called “gw2cache-{bunch-of-letters-and-numbers}”. Delete this gw2cache folder.
  10. Load up your game normally and see if the issue is fixed.

note
By “window menus” I mean up at the top of the window where it says “File Edit View Tools Help”. If that bar does not display in your window for you along the top, then click the drop-down arrow next to the word “Organize” and then click on “Layout” and select “Menu bar” to enable showing of the menus (attached image #2).

Another way to do Steps 3, 4 and 5 to make hidden folders visible is:

• Click your Start menu and then open Control Panel
  • In your Control Panel, if items are sorted by “Category” then select “Appearance and Personalization” on the right side, then in the second bottom area under “Folder Options” click on “Show hidden files and folders”. This will open the same options dialogue box shown in attached image #1.
  • Otherwise, if Control Panel is sorted by Icons, simply click on “Folder Options” from the list to bring up the options dialogue box shown in attached image #1.

Attachments:

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Or do you mean that everything is kind of thrown all the way to the left and stacked on eachother or fonts all messed up?

Exactly that, but after my game crashed last night it was correct again. It’s possible a previous crash corrupted the cache and the latest one forced a cache clearing or something else. I will make a mental note of this thread (and the one you linked to) for if it happens again.

I consider this issue resolved for now and will edit the title appropriately.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: Tenna Tulre.2076

Tenna Tulre.2076

@StinVec Thank you for posting this! I had been having a slightly different problem with the gem store tonight, and after using your directions above, not only was it resolved, but it also cleared up a problem I had been having since this summer with textures on the screen not rezzing in.

Level 80 Mesmer, Ele, Engi
Co-Guild Leader | The Nefarious Legacies [TNL]
Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Moitjuh.7984

Moitjuh.7984

Any other solutions? All my tp screens are blank. What I tried was: delete the whole game (except the .dat file, which I saved). Deleted everything related to GW2 in the Temp file. Installed the game again, replaced the .dat file. But my tp is still not working.