Gems for Gold!

Gems for Gold!

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Thallius.3562

Thallius.3562

Just posting it out there for people wondering, Gems are available through Gold.

1g is equal to roughly 510gems.

-Now my lungs are failed with a creeping dose of
Bitter disgust for the world I used to trust.-

Gems for Gold!

Posted by: Blighton.6425

Blighton.6425

that amount and price of the Gem<>Gold exchange changes on a minute by minute basis depending on how many buying / selling.

its an ingame Stock Market

Gems for Gold!

Posted by: fleeZy.5270

fleeZy.5270

Gems are abnormally cheap right now if you ask me… 510 Gems is roughly $6.00USD worth, no?

fleeZy – pewmesmerpew

Gems for Gold!

Thallius.3562

yes they are ever changing prices, but the point remains. Gems for Gold.

Gems for Gold!

Posted by: Yaos.4528

Yaos.4528

Buy gems now and roll around in the love when the price sky rockets the first time they put content expansions on the store.

Gems for Gold!

Posted by: Siveon.8759

Siveon.8759

I don’t know how they expect to make any money from this because it’s way too easy to get them with gold.

In the beginning I was wondering about getting the extra char slots(800 gems for 10$ or 10€ each), but now I got all 3 extra slots in a few days.

I was expecting the price to be at least 5 times higher, but 25-30 silver per 100 gems you can get 800 gems for a couple of gold, so as much as I want to see GW2 succeed I foresee that no one will ever want to waste real money on that shop.

Also the Gems-to-gold conversion is even worst which unfortunately makes gold sellers more viable way to get gold than with gems through Anet.

Gems for Gold!

Posted by: Sky.7610

Sky.7610

Buy gems now and roll around in the love when the price sky rockets the first time they put content expansions on the store.

Expansions will not be on the gem store. I promise you, if my life depends on it, I would bet on it not being in the gem store without hesitation.You have no idea how bad of a business decision It would be to put expansions on the gem store. Areanet is a company who’s sole purpose is to generate money. If they pull something like that and I was a shareholder, they will feel my full wrath! :P

Gems for Gold!

Posted by: Anlyon.8375

Anlyon.8375

I don’t know how they expect to make any money from this because it’s way too easy to get them with gold.

In the beginning I was wondering about getting the extra char slots(800 gems for 10$ or 10€ each), but now I got all 3 extra slots in a few days.

I was expecting the price to be at least 5 times higher, but 25-30 silver per 100 gems you can get 800 gems for a couple of gold, so as much as I want to see GW2 succeed I foresee that no one will ever want to waste real money on that shop.

Also the Gems-to-gold conversion is even worst which unfortunately makes gold sellers more viable way to get gold than with gems through Anet.

Actually it doesnt. You played Eve or heard of the PLEX system? That game has probably the single most successful economy.

If no-one buys any gems with real money, their ingame gold value increases.
Suddenly buying gems with real cash becomes REALLY awesome because you can make heaps of gold doing that.
If things swing the other way (like they are now) then buying with ingame cash is awesome because you can get gems for low cost.

And it kitten the gold sellers because A) you can get cash ingame and support the company buying gold ingame actually INCREASES the cost per gem, meaning you have to buy more and more gold from scammers to get gems, and somewhere someone else just spend half the cash you did, bought a couple gems and sold them to you for tons of ingame cash.

Moreover why would you go through an unsecure website that is liable to steal you account and kitten you totally when you can do it securely and support ANet.

Seriously this is probably the best system in any MMO.

Thank you Eve and thank you ANet!

ROCK ON!

You have nothing to fear but Fear itself

Gems for Gold!

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

If you think about it there’s a good reason why gems are selling for 20 gold each, everyone is too poor. As the playerbase starts getting richer gems prices are going to go up.

Gems for Gold!

Posted by: Lasarith.6193

Lasarith.6193

Last i checked it was 1G for 390 gems, (where a few days ago it would have ben over 450) seems to be changeing minute by minute,

Also got my first Gold seller spam mail -Reported so alls well

Gems for Gold!

Posted by: Rack.4930

Rack.4930

Woah, I need to check this out, because that’s an insane exchange rate. Last time I checked a gold would get you 4 gems… If I liquidate my stock I can probably buy 3 character slots…

Gems for Gold!

Posted by: Syn.3459

Syn.3459

Woah, I need to check this out, because that’s an insane exchange rate. Last time I checked a gold would get you 4 gems… If I liquidate my stock I can probably buy 3 character slots…

….what?

Gems for Gold!

Posted by: Nukum.4502

Nukum.4502

I think you dropped a decimal point somewhere along the way. It’s always been around 400 Gems per 1 Gold. That has varied 10 to 20 Gems, but not dropped 390!

Gems for Gold!

Posted by: Lasarith.6193

Lasarith.6193

Edit: 393 for 1G ^

(Had to find the bit of paper lol)

Gems for Gold!

Posted by: allart.3746

allart.3746

I just made my sixth charachter without spending any real money, I think this is awesome.

Gems for Gold!

Posted by: HykCraft.4610

HykCraft.4610

I just made my sixth charachter without spending any real money, I think this is awesome.

I agree. I will spend all the in-game gold I have for in-game char slots, bank tabs, etc. This is awesome.

Sorrow’s Furnace US

Gems for Gold!

Posted by: Siveon.8759

Siveon.8759

Actually it doesnt. You played Eve or heard of the PLEX system? That game has probably the single most successful economy.

Suddenly buying gems with real cash becomes REALLY awesome because you can make heaps of gold doing that.
If things swing the other way (like they are now) then buying with ingame cash is awesome because you can get gems for low cost.

And it kitten the gold sellers because A) you can get cash ingame and support the company buying gold ingame actually INCREASES the cost per gem, meaning you have to buy more and more gold from scammers to get gems, and somewhere someone else just spend half the cash you did, bought a couple gems and sold them to you for tons of ingame cash.

Moreover why would you go through an unsecure website that is liable to steal you account and kitten you totally when you can do it securely and support ANet.

ROCK ON!

Yes I have played EVE, but that market is different because the value for the Plex was set by the players just like in a auction-house, in GW2 you have no control over it and has it is now even the highest value in the last 5 days is ridiculously cheap.

Like I said I was thinking about spending 30$ for 3 extra char slots but I got them for about 6g, that’s just one person multiply that across the world and see how much money they could have won but didn’t just because their starting values were not the best.

The system is great just like you said but the values have to be at least 2-3 times higher otherwise it won’t stop gold sellers.

Gems for Gold!

Posted by: Anlyon.8375

Anlyon.8375

ROCK ON!

Yes I have played EVE, but that market is different because the value for the Plex was set by the players just like in a auction-house, in GW2 you have no control over it and has it is now even the highest value in the last 5 days is ridiculously cheap.

Like I said I was thinking about spending 30$ for 3 extra char slots but I got them for about 6g, that’s just one person multiply that across the world and see how much money they could have won but didn’t just because their starting values were not the best.

The system is great just like you said but the values have to be at least 2-3 times higher otherwise it won’t stop gold sellers.

Its so cheap at the moment because everyone is doing it. Supply and demand.

You have nothing to fear but Fear itself

Gems for Gold!

Posted by: Shadow Dragon Ad.2409

Shadow Dragon Ad.2409

It’s also worth noting that the only way gems get into the economy is by people buying them with real life cash, if no one buys gems then they rocket in price as well as eventually (highly improbable ofc) running out of stock and no one can get them from gold

Shadowplasm – Thief
Daphne Laureola – Necromancer

Gems for Gold!

Thallius.3562

I love the choice and feel of the real market. It makes you choose and anctually pay attention the the economy where in other MMO’s you really don’t.