General Game Questions

General Game Questions

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: sterrell.2780

sterrell.2780

This is more of a RP/Lore post, so I suspect it will be deleted because AreaNet does not like players actually discussing the game or providing feedback, but. . . .

* Who knew we were such slobs in GW1? Leaving all our broken lockpicks all over the place rather than depositing them in a trash bin or recycling bin.

* Is the ToA in Godslot Swamp (Queensdale) the ruins of the ToA from GW1? Ahhh . . . the memories. Brings a tear to my eye.

* Speaking of which; what happened to the Underworld and FoW? Are they gone? Or have the races simply lost the knowledge to access them?

* Isn’t it a little weird that one of the Six Gods no longer has an associated profession (Komir)?

* Free Cantha! Much like Tibet, it appears to be under dictatorial rule. I would love to see Cantha rejoin the community of nations.

* What happened to all the statutes and banners in the HoM? Did someone loot the HoM after Eye of the North’s demise? Was it too hard to program in our legacy HoM? Even as a ghost, you would think Kimmes could scare off petty thieves.

* Is a group finder coming anytime soon?

* When did capes go out of style? Or, too hard to program for races of radically different sizes and armor that can be quite bulky?

I could go on. Just having a little fun here (isn’t that what gaming is all about?).

General Game Questions

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Yes it’s the same ToA. If you compare the maps you can see they’re in the same place. (Queensdale covers all of Divinity Coast and Watchtower Coast and the upper part of Talmark Wilderness and The Black Curtain.)

Judging by all the monsters roaming around Godslost Swamp I think it’s safe to assume the Underworld still exists but we’ve lost access to it. As for FoW The main part of the WvW map is called Eternal Battlegrounds, which was the name of an area in FoW so it’s possible they’re the same but re-named and re-designed. (Or simply changed over time like Tyria itself.)

The whole matching up gods to professions thing kind of went out the window with Factions I think. I mean that gave Grenth 3 (Necro, Sin, Rit) to the other Gods 1 or 2 and I don’t think Paragons and Dervs were really supposed to be associated with any God.

I think we’ll get to free Cantha in an expansion. I’m really looking forward to seeing whats happened to the Jade Sea and the Forest.

I think the HoM was destroyed by Jormag. Maybe he’s one of those dragons who likes to collect a pile of loot to sleep on? Or maybe like some DnD dragons even a carefully curated collection of interesting artifacts. Maybe we’ll find all our monuments when we take him down? (BTW I love the fact that even after 250 years and everything else being destroyed the Xunlai Chests are still there. Although it makes me wonder what happened to the ones in LA.)

No idea.

Also no idea, although I’m thinking of the ‘No Capes!’ rant from The Incredibles.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

General Game Questions

Posted by: Immortius.4537

Immortius.4537

Well, the Hall of Monuments was quite magical (especially the divination pool), and we find out that the dragons eat magic.

General Game Questions

Posted by: sterrell.2780

sterrell.2780

BTW I love the fact that even after 250 years and everything else being destroyed the Xunlai Chests are still there. Although it makes me wonder what happened to the ones in LA.

Another good question: What happened to the Xunlai? I really thought they were “too big to fail,” especially since they were on all continents and had a complete monopoly on storage. Must have been some huge global financial crisis that ran them out of business.

As for professions and gods: Given that Komir was a paragaon, I pretty much assumed that the living leader of paragaons became the god of paragons when she ascended.

But that begs another question: Did the races forget how to be ritualists and dervishes? (I’m being generous here and assuming that guardians know most of the paragon skills and thiefs are assassins.)