Geodes

Geodes

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Esreyr.6304

Esreyr.6304

So we can pretty much only get these from Dry Top?

I can’t say I enjoy this map at all. I’m finding it very frustrating to navigate. And events are hard to get too.

Any other suggestions on where to farm Geodes other than Living Story? I find those pretty boring.

Thanks

Geodes

Posted by: Garth Thurgen.1380

Garth Thurgen.1380

You can get them from PvP, and by double clicking Silky Sand (extremely slowly, but you’ll get 1-5 from a full stack). However, as you can only get Silky Sand from the Living Story stuffs and PvP, that means that PvP is your only location to get it.

I would recommend just spending the half hour it would take to completely memorize Dry Top, and just do it. Literally the only parts that takes getting used to are the fact that the path to the left half of the map are through the hidden hole in the town, and the two vines on the far left. Similarly, there isn’t a particularly good reason for you to completely memorize the location/times of the events outside of the basic chain that most zergs do. All of which are stuck in the right side of the map, with the only “left side” one being the Skritt Queen event.

Geodes

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

That door Garth mentioned, and the one very high cliff at the crash site with that chest at the top were the two parts that stumped me for a bit. Once I learned them, I felt stupid because they turned out to be obvious and easy (or make sense which I was too aggravated to realize at first), but now I can really appreciate how this map is designed and now my feet feel a little heavy on normal maps compared to the multiple ways to to get around in Dry Top. Once you know the map you’ll know how to get to the events quickly and you’ll notice those geodes stack up.

Kash
NSP

Geodes

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I got all of them by farming events during the sandstorm. I did the standard zerg ones but also the ones commonly skipped by most players. I’d get about 120 per sandstorm I believe. I can’t remember the exact number but I can do a sandstorm again and find out.

I should also note that this was when they announced the portal beta drops when get a tier 5 map was very easy.

As stated by another player, do the PvP track as well. What you should do is complete all four PvP dailies every day. You’ll slowly progress the reward track and it only takes like 20 minutes.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)