Getting 60 Champions Problem

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Tintaglia.4762

Tintaglia.4762

I’m getting really frustrated, trying to get Champions toward my Monthly Achievement. I’m fighting world bosses, getting gold seal and bonus chests but these aren’t Champions? Can anyone suggest a better way to get this Achievement? Preferably not WvW.

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Queensdale. Champion Troll, Champion Oakheart, Champion Wasp, Champion Boar.

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

Some world bosses are Legendary or Epic rank, so they won’t count.

If you want champions, my best advice is to hang out in Queensdale and watch for people calling them out. There are 6 champions:

-Champion Wasp Queen in the woods near the Hunting Lodge
-Champion Boar, same place
-Champion Forest Spider, on the hill south of the Hunting Lodge. This one doesn’t have an event attached to it, which can be a good thing (isn’t zerged down ASAP) or a bad thing (you have to solo it).
-Champion Cave Troll, near Vale Waypoint
-Champion Bandit Lieutenant, in the bandit caves near the vista
-Champion Rotting Oakheart, west of Phinney Waypoint

Boar, Wasp, Spider, and Troll seem to come up fairly frequently, about every ten minutes or so. If you head south to Kessex, the boss at the end of the Battle of Fort Salma chain is a champion and the chain cycles fairly frequently.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Tintaglia.4762

Thank you for the locations. The wiki does not make finding these easy.

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

While you say pref not WvW, it’s WvW, on most servers friday before reset it’s karma train and it’s just cappin as much as possible, every tower/keep lord is a champ and you get easy champ kills

EDIT: or dungeons, CoF P1 has champ, other dungeons have more

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Tintaglia.4762

While you say pref not WvW, it’s WvW, on most servers friday before reset it’s karma train and it’s just cappin as much as possible, every tower/keep lord is a champ and you get easy champ kills.

Thanks, that might be worth it!

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Also, when fighting claw of jormag, several champions are spawned around it (along with several veterans). Even if you don’t manage to kill them, they die at the end of each phase or at the end of the fight, and if you’ve done damage to them it counts as a kill. Also, attacking and killing them counts as event participation so you don’t miss on the chest.

Also depending on how active it is on your server, several events in orr spawn champions, like the penitent and shelter camp attacks and some of the temples.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

There are also 3 or 4 champions in the Ulgoth event chain. The Tears of Itlaocol mini dungeon also has a very fast respawning champion.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Fields of Ruin also has a Group Event at the Ebonhawke delegation that spawns two Champion Wasps at once. In the same map, the Ogre Wars meta-event at Foulbear Kraal spawns a total of four Champions during the event chain, plus you also get a guaranteed Rare once per day. There’s also a Giant Branded Devourer that sometimes roams around in the same map, as well as a Champion Separatist in Ebonhawke, but they’re tough to beat so I usually stay away from them unless someone else is calling for help.

Diessa Plateau also has the Champion Giant at Nageling, as well as a Champion Plains Wurm near Butcher’s Block. Both respawn fairly frequently.

Finally, in Gendarran Fields, there are a couple of Champion Centaurs in the camp north of the Bloodfields. There are also two Champion Pirate Captains in Brigantine Isle, both of which respawn fairly frequently and can be solo’ed if you have a build with good survivability.

Khisanth.2948

Fields of Ruin also has a Group Event at the Ebonhawke delegation that spawns two Champion Wasps at once. In the same map, the Ogre Wars meta-event at Foulbear Kraal spawns a total of four Champions during the event chain, plus you also get a guaranteed Rare once per day. There’s also a Giant Branded Devourer that sometimes roams around in the same map, as well as a Champion Separatist in Ebonhawke, but they’re tough to beat so I usually stay away from them unless someone else is calling for help.

Diessa Plateau also has the Champion Giant at Nageling, as well as a Champion Plains Wurm near Butcher’s Block. Both respawn fairly frequently.

Finally, in Gendarran Fields, there are a couple of Champion Centaurs in the camp north of the Bloodfields. There are also two Champion Pirate Captains in Brigantine Isle, both of which respawn fairly frequently and can be solo’ed if you have a build with good survivability.

If you are in Gendarran there is also the Ascalon settlement

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i love fighting ChampionsD
i kind of want to go hunt them down one by one, with this monthly being an incentive heh.

thanks for all the tips guys. : )) also a Champion Grawl that hops around in Plains of Ashford iirc. i only know this cause i been there recently. near Martyr’s Woods

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

True, but the Champions only spawn there if Nebo Terrace falls first, which doesn’t happen that often.

There is also a unique Champion Risen named Ketsurak in the Lawen Ponds in Gendarran Fields. This guy hits like a truck, however, so I don’t recommend taking him on without a large group for support.

Tintaglia.4762

These are all great ideas. Thanks folks. I stumbled across one in Caledon Forest, in a level 3 area. He killed me, big mighty level 80 Guardian, haha!

Khisanth.2948

True, but the Champions only spawn there if Nebo Terrace falls first, which doesn’t happen that often.

There is also a unique Champion Risen named Ketsurak in the Lawen Ponds in Gendarran Fields. This guy hits like a truck, however, so I don’t recommend taking him on without a large group for support.

Is that the abomination guarding the chest in the cave?

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

The Jormag event can spawn 4-6 champs during 1st phase and up to 4 more during the 2nd phase depending on how long it takes to bring down the dragon.

Do this once per day, and you will have champs done in no time

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You do realize you only need to do 4 of the monthly categories to get credit for your monthly?

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

You do realize you only need to do 4 of the monthly categories to get credit for your monthly?

There’s only 6 monthlies this time around, and excluding WvW and dungeons, which are not everyone’s taste, there’s not much to choose.

It’s a rather hard month though. I like it.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Szarazar.7162

Szarazar.7162

And even if you don’t like WvW those 50 kills can be done relly fast o.o
I don’t like WvW myself.. But those 50 kills are so easy to get (especially with engi flamethrower, that it is worth it)

Fènryl Yávem | Sylvari | Ranger

Tintaglia.4762

There’s only 6 monthlies this time around, and excluding WvW and dungeons, which are not everyone’s taste, there’s not much to choose.

My situation exactly. I don’t do WvW or dungeons. Tough month.

Whenever I try WvW to get all these fast kills and stuff I hear about, I end up in a train that goes here, stops, goes there, stops, goes somewhere else, stops, and does nothing. I like not having to fight person-on-person, but fighting something at all would be nice.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Go to claw of Jormag, there are 2 champs that spawn each phase change. 10 or so champs per event.

Khisanth.2948

Doing dungeons, especially Ascalonian Catacombs is probably one of the most efficient way to complete this month’s monthly.

10 runs of AC is
… 20 – 30 champions killed (which will also give you a couple of gold)
… 10 skill points(probably more, just finishing a run will give 70% of a level)
… piles of stuff to salvage

It should contribute a bunch to events as well.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Wayfayer has the Svanir Dome event with a Champion and then there is the Maw event a bit further south along with the Wolf Master and his pack. Just across into Diessa is a Champion Worm and of course the giant. Harathi Hinterlands the whole taking back the camps events spawn quite a few champions. I think I got 8 or 9 on my first run through there with a group the other day. It also helps with credit for the monthly and daily events.

It never hurts to put out in Map Chat that a particular champion is up and see who is interested in coming to help take it down. (also add the nearest waypoint to the event so folk can get there quickly)

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

I’ve done half of mine already. Did the Jormag event once for a few of those. Otherwise, here’s my secret:

Dungeons. Run a couple of AC or CoE paths, or do a couple fractals. If you get the uncategorized fractal consider yourself lucky.. there are 4 champs in one room there half-way up.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: MLieBennett.9031

MLieBennett.9031

World Event Champs? Note, that most BIG enemies (Dragons, Shadow Behemoth, Fire Elemental) aren’t Champions but rather something else. Further, there are some enemies that are Legendary status rather then Champion (Taidha Covington for example).

Temple Assaults (Grenth, Lyssa, Balthazar, Melandru, Dwayna) all tend to have at least 1 Champion to kill during their Event Lines. Grenth and Melandru’s are both the event before the Chest event. Lyssa tends to have the most Champs to kill, though I am unsure if they do count.

Frozen Maw world event is a Champion.
Eye of Zhaitan world event chain tends to have at least 1 Champion Risen Abomination. You can end up with 3 Champion Risen Abominations if you get enough people there during an early part of the chain of events … its fun on that.
Dredge Commissar world event is against a Champion.
Foulbear Chieftain (Ogre Wars) world event is another that has two champions during its event.
Modniir Ulgoth world event has 3x Champions at the start of its Boss event, and the boss itself is a Champion.
One of the Settlements for the Karka Queen world event (Camp Karka Waypoint) has a Champion that needs to be killed.
Drakin Cinderspire (Fire Shaman) world event is a champion.
Gates of Arah High Wizard is a Champion, while I think there are two other Champions on the fight to him.
Claw of Jormag loves to spawn multiple Champions to fight and slay with others, even if he himself doesn’t count.

Did I miss any Champions just from world events?

YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
- (Death, Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

Khisanth.2948

Temple Assaults (Grenth, Lyssa, Balthazar, Melandru, Dwayna) all tend to have at least 1 Champion to kill during their Event Lines. Grenth and Melandru’s are both the event before the Chest event. Lyssa tends to have the most Champs to kill, though I am unsure if they do count.

Those are actually not guaranteed to be champions. They are only champions if you get enough people there at the event to scale them up to champions. Champion Gorillas are also probably one of the most annoying things to fight in a huge group.