Getting a Precursor?

Getting a Precursor?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Nighthawk.4687

Nighthawk.4687

So I’ve been grinding for a few weeks now, finally got up to 300g, too bad Dusk is 900g give or take. And I’m slowly losing my motivation to keep going after running so many dungeon paths and doing so many events day in, day out. How do you even reach this amount of money?

Getting a Precursor?

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Pull out your credit card. Buy gold. Alternatively, you can pull out your credit card, buy BL keys, open tons of chests, get some highly sought weapon skins (if you were lucky enough to get some BL claim tickets or enough scraps to get some tickets), and sell them on the TP for much gold. Boring old Frostgorge Sound champ train is another option, if you’re bored of also speed running dungeons. TP flipping probably works but I’m not into that so can’t really comment.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Getting a Precursor?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Anet once acknowledged this issue. The announced to bring in a new way to ‘craft’ your precursor so it would not be depending on RNG of dumb farming till you drop dead. That sounds awesome. But there is a catch. It was announced for the second half of 2013. All we know is that it is obviously postponed, but why and how long is not clear.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Getting a Precursor?

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

But there is a catch. It was announced IN the second half of 2013.

Fixed … There is no catch, they did not say when it was going to happen.

I’m also waiting for this to be implemented but so are alot of other people. I’m just speculating here but if there are many disappointed people with the scavenger hunt, you might see precursors increase in price.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Getting a Precursor?

mercury ranique.2170

But there is a catch. It was announced IN the second half of 2013.

Fixed … There is no catch, they did not say when it was going to happen.

I’m also waiting for this to be implemented but so are alot of other people. I’m just speculating here but if there are many disappointed people with the scavenger hunt, you might see precursors increase in price.

Actually they did.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/
The title is ‘looking ahead : guildwars 2 in 2013’ (so obvious thing that where planned for 2013).

We aren’t quite ready to go into all the details here, but what I can say is you will see a specific way to build precursor items on your way to a legendary. On top of this, you’ll also see new legendary weapons and new types of legendary gear in 2013. Building your precursor will require a large amount of the new crafting material rewards listed above, 500 in crafting, and likely a combination of other items earned for completing more specific content in the game.

This is a promise they made and didn’t keep. They have worked on it. a few months after this post some new items where data-mined that where ment to do what they promised, but it never went live. And it was promised for the 2013.
There is even a recent post here that they explain they aren’t making the deadline and asking us to be patient. but feel free to search that one for yourself. point is, it was promised for 2013, and it still didnt arrive!

Getting a Precursor?

Posted by: OanSur.4590

OanSur.4590

Well, how much time it will take to get precursor depends on amount of time you spend playing. When i was making my juggernaut i was doing 4/5 dungeons per day (cof p1+2, ac p1+3, se p1+3, coe all paths and fractal). I was making around 30/40g per day by selling all collectibles, buying rares/exotics for dungeon tokens and salvaging them for globs of ecto (which i also kept selling). Depending on parties whole run was taking 4/5h.
Judging from your “300g in few weeks” (which can be obtained in about 1 week) its go harcore or be patient. Or be lucky… after finishing my juggy and doing some dungeon running with guildmates i looted dusk as a first pre in my career.

Getting a Precursor?

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

If you can be patient, wait until the feature patch comes out after the first living story arc ends. There is a good chance they will add some non-RNG way to get precursors then.

Getting a Precursor?

Posted by: noobgood.8762

noobgood.8762

Toss your 300g into the Mystic Forge. There are too many people telling horror stories about it, so don’t be afraid. It’s a good way to get cheap precursors.

Getting a Precursor?

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

People tell horror stories for a reason.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Getting a Precursor?

mercury ranique.2170

I hear two separate advices here.
The first is to wait for the (delayed) new way to obtain a precursor. We don’t know how hard or how easy it is. all we know is that it is delayed, and it was (originally) announced as being RNG-free.

Going for this advice has actually some RNG as well. someone here said it was going to be at the first update after the current living story arch. He might has a crystal ball, but there is no proof for that at all. It can be delivered next week and it can be months away. It even can be cancelled at all. My money is still on this option.

the other is to throw your money in the forge. this is RNG as well. your current budget can be sufficient, and can be 10 times as high. That is how RNG works.

My advice is to take your time and don’t play the betting game. Keep making money and putting it aside. As soon as Anet releases the new way you can use that money to do whatever is needed to make your precursor. When you are done waiting and got the money to buy it directly, then buy it off the TP. If you are a gambler, then try the MF.

Those are the fair options you have in my opinion. I am choosing the first, cause it is risk freem and might end in me having a lot of left over money I saved that I can spend on other things. Besides that I am patient. For me playing the game and getting a legendary in the process is the reward. the shiny weapon itself is just a bunch of pixels.

Getting a Precursor?

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Whatever they do about adding crafting as a method of getting a precursor, you can be sure it will involve a degree of grinding that will make ascended gear look like a stroll in the park.

Personally, I’m prepared to go to ‘X’ amount of grinding to get a legendary where Anet want me to go to ‘X’ x 1,000,000,000 amount one way or another

For me, it doesn’t come anywhere near being worth it.

Getting a Precursor?

Posted by: Battledoll.1803

Battledoll.1803

Saving gold to buy precursor off TP, but the price increase outpaced my saving. >_<

Getting a Precursor?

Posted by: Young Somalia.1706

Young Somalia.1706

Saving gold to buy precursor off TP, but the price increase outpaced my saving. >_<

You play inefficiently, or not a lot. …Or are new?

I think Dusk has went up by ~300g since May, ~8 months. 300g can be quite reasonably generated in a month depending on what you do in-game. So what do you do while you play?

I recommend dungeons. (Especially if you have an active outside life; dungeons are steady, guaranteed revenue, even if you can only do two to three paths a day. For less than an hour of input, you still generate around ~6-7g; that ought to br plenty of income to keep the growth of Dusk from outpacing you.)

Guard: Driveby Brofist; Warrior: Giganticus Elitist
[LOD]

(edited by Young Somalia.1706)

Getting a Precursor?

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Why do so many people force themselves through the grind and dread logging into a game.

Game; an activity that one engages in for amusement.

Just do what you do for fun, mang, you will enjoy getting your Legendary rather than spending a few months grinding, bored, wasting your leisure time for a pixel item which obtaining has made you not want to play the game anymore.

The best thing to do if you are trying to make gold is investments. This requires a minimal time sacrifice. Over months, you can make hundreds of gold from just a few minutes of purchasing items. This means you can actually play the game the way you enjoy.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Getting a Precursor?

Posted by: Undertaker.2731

Undertaker.2731

You can make gold without grinding tbh…I make around 100g per week just by doing dungeons 2h per day. Thats 400g/month! Its all about not being lazy!

AC all paths + CoF p1&p2 are really not that hard with a good group or even randoms from the lfg tool and if u can do other dungeons too, they are just bonus to your end of the week profit.

About the precursor, well i got tooth of frostfang 2 days ago using 15 exotics ( 1g cheap ones from TP) with 5 mystic stones. Its really up to your ammount of luck tbh. A guildie got dusk the same way ( more then 5 tried i guess) 10 min before i started trying.

Getting a Precursor?

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

You can make gold without grinding tbh…I make around 100g per week just by doing dungeons 2h per day. Thats 400g/month! Its all about not being lazy!

Just to put this in perspective.

A week of playing two hours a day, 7 days = 100 gold equates to roughly 7 gold per hour. You can buy gold with gems (that’s real money) at the rate of 6.5 gold per UK £. So you are earning just over £1 per hour.

You can’t tell me that it’s just being lazy to turn that down.

Getting a Precursor?

Posted by: Undertaker.2731

Undertaker.2731

Just to put this in perspective.

A week of playing two hours a day, 7 days = 100 gold equates to roughly 7 gold per hour. You can buy gold with gems (that’s real money) at the rate of 6.5 gold per UK £. So you are earning just over £1 per hour.

You can’t tell me that it’s just being lazy to turn that down.

Then go ahead and use your credit card mate! My way may be “only” 7g per hour but at least its not grinding gold like people who spend 6-10hours on champion trains runs only to get 3-4g per hour.

So to put it in perspective, u have 3 options to make gold

1. buy gems with real money and with those gems get gold
2. my way – 2h/day of dungeons
3. grinding for +6hours champ trains