Getting acquainted with the game again.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: TurboTortoise.7623

TurboTortoise.7623

I bought the standard edition pre-purchase copy of the game a while back, but I couldn’t really run the game. Now that I have a capable machine, and I have FINALLY remembered my password, I don’t know where to begin really. What can I do to catch up with all the changes?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Checking through the patch notes might be a start

Checking youtube for any type of new or returning player vids might help too. I think BogOtter and a couple others have some of these. Nothing recent but still mostly relevant.

Also, maybe starting a new character and playing “fresh” might be helpful too.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If you’ve been away since shortly after the game came out there will be a lot of changes.

It might be easiest to start a new character (still keep the ones you’ve got) to play through from the beginning. Both to remind yourself how things work and because the new content guide and level up pop-ups will explain a lot of features and what there is to do in the game. Probably easier than reading all the patch notes.

It might also be helpful to find a friendly guild in your region (server doesn’t matter except for World vs. World but they need to be in the same region as you) to talk about the game with and maybe show you how some things work.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: TurboTortoise.7623

TurboTortoise.7623

Well thanks to both of you! I will create a new character, I see no reason using my old one seeing as hes low level.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Keep it for the Birthday presents —- each char has it’s own birthday so each char gets birthday presents