Getting spiritwood planks will take years?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Dayan.7493

Dayan.7493

As in title,I want to craft legendary,and it demands 40 spiritwood planks…The only way I know to get spiritwood planks is 28th login reward…Getting it by tp costs 350 which I dont have,and spending money for one stupid item is not for me…I will have to wait right?

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

With a 450 in Weaponsmithing, Huntsman, or Artificer you can craft them yourself. Technically you are limited to only making 1 a day since the plank requires a Glob of Elder Spirit residue, and that particular item is timegated to 1/day.

So, you would have to wait 40 days to craft all of the planks yourself assuming you don’t already have anything premade/saved in the bank.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

No, you can craft them. You’ll have to get either artificer, huntsman, or weaponsmith to between 425 and 500 (depending on the discipline) to craft them. You’ll have to gather a lot of wood to craft them, and they’re time-gated (can only make one glob of elder spirit residue per day).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spiritwood_Plank

Posted by: Dayan.7493

Dayan.7493

Wow Thank you guys!

Posted by: ShadowCatz.8437

ShadowCatz.8437

Wow Thank you guys!

It is not cheap to level up the last level between 450 to 500 for weaponsmithing, so you might want to consider what option will work best for you.

Get a crafting booster for those last levels to save money and mats!

With max weaponsmithing you can craft ascended weapons which have same stats as legendary. Depending on market you sell refined items and also ascended insignia, so it is possible to make a profit later on.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

You can speed up the process if you have friends or guildies willing to craft them for you. Send your friend the materials and they can send you the finished product.

Posted by: mobile storage.1294

mobile storage.1294

If you happen to have all the mats to make the spiritwoods needed then just drop a ingame message and i can help you

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

As a warning, you’re going to need 450+ in a crafting skill to actually make the Legendary itself, so while it’s well and good to have other people help you craft the Spiritwood, you’ll want to get your skill up as well. The exact skill needed will depend on the Legendary you’re trying to make. Staff would require Artificer, for example.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

You need 150 elder wood log per day, 60 hard wood log, 60 seasoned wood log and 40 soft wood log (i may be a bit off, but this is aprox it).

If you farm these per day (not to hard), then you get that finished spirit wood plan all by yourself daily.

Technically you only need the 150 elder wood log per se (so the daily gated charge) can be finished. The rest you can buy on TP (still good, since cheaper that way then buy spirit wood plank). If possible farm them though. Malchor’s leap has a good spot for elder wood log. Right bottom of the map. Just a bit left of that waypoint.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Getting crafting up to what is needed can be tedious but oh so worth it in the end. Once you get there you can at least make the gated materials every day so once you have the rest of the stuff you can roll out the ascended materials in one go. It is very satisfying to see results of your hard work.

Posted by: ShadowCatz.8437

ShadowCatz.8437

As in title,I want to craft legendary,and it demands 40 spiritwood planks…The only way I know to get spiritwood planks is 28th login reward…Getting it by tp costs 350 which I dont have,and spending money for one stupid item is not for me…I will have to wait right?

There is a wiki where you can see how many you need from refeining wood stocks to planks. You can also see price from BL TP (price is only from what have been listed and quantity can be everything from one up to several thousand).

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/