Getting tons of chef materials out of monster bags?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Setari.1750

Setari.1750

Everyone knows those little sacks you get and you open them and there’s some sort of crafting material right?

Well how come I’m getting so much chef stuff now, it’s practically beating out everything else I get in these freaking bags such as leather, cloth, tiny totems, etc etc. This needs to be balanced out.

Is anyone else getting an overdose of chef materials? (If you’re a chef then hooray for you I guess.)

Posted by: Oculus.5703

Oculus.5703

They removed a lot of chef ingredients that were on karma vendors before and added them to the loot table of bags.

People could power-level through cooking with them, and Anet went with the quick fix… now I as a Letherworker have to work much harder to get those leather drops. Grrrr!

Posted by: moronpirate.8570

moronpirate.8570

For leveling a cooking is a best way to use karma or renown vendors at specific zones and a main city karma vendor.

+ Discovery some recipes.

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

also keep an eye out for those nodes in the envirement,, i found a secxret ledge where there loads of strawberrys!

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all

Posted by: HappyDragon.1578

HappyDragon.1578

I’ve also been getting tons of cooking ingredients from those bags, as of the latest patch. I have no interest in being a chef, so they’re useless to me. I used to get lots of useful stuff, like leather, cotton, and materials for crafting insignias. Yet another update to prevent people from leveling efficiently. At least they didn’t ban anyone this time.

Posted by: Pony.3256

Pony.3256

I’ve also been getting tons of cooking ingredients from those bags, as of the latest patch. I have no interest in being a chef, so they’re useless to me. I used to get lots of useful stuff, like leather, cotton, and materials for crafting insignias. Yet another update to prevent people from leveling efficiently. At least they didn’t ban anyone this time.

This is completely annoying and honestly it really makes me mad.

I was loving the crafting because it had a small challenge and discovering recipes was fun, but now it’s even harder to get the mats needed and it just sucks now.
I know it’s just a game, but people were already spending a lot of time farming those bags for tailoring and leatherworking mats.
Now we have an even smaller chance of getting what we need because of the cooking mats in them.
I heard people were powerleveling through cooking..
Well make cooking give less exp or something.
Don’t make it even harder on the other crafters.

Don’t get me wrong.
I love the game, but this is just a huge disappointment to me.

Posted by: Voltar.8574

Voltar.8574

was this a recent change since tonight? i hadn’t gotten any from bags (i’m at work now so i haven’t played since the seemingly daily midnight patch).

too bad, i was going to all the vendors with cooking mats and burning my karma on them. still had about 7 or 8 left to hit before i left for work.

Posted by: Dortmunder.9572

Dortmunder.9572

Pretty dumb they would change it now. Since a lot of people already abused that.

So anyone who hasn’t raised Cooking already gets the shaft.

Setari.1750

Agreed, I don’t even cook and like I said. So what if people were powerleveling? Ban them for abusing the system if you want, but don’t punish other players by changing the loot tables, making crafting for other professions harder. Or AT LEAST drop the loot rate for the chef materials because it’s ridiculous. Like 14/20 bags will be chef mats for me. Sometimes 10/20, but I rarely get 20 bags in the first place tbh.

Please please please just find a better way to do this. I don’t know how, but please fix it so it’s better.

Setari.1750

was this a recent change since tonight? i hadn’t gotten any from bags (i’m at work now so i haven’t played since the seemingly daily midnight patch).

too bad, i was going to all the vendors with cooking mats and burning my karma on them. still had about 7 or 8 left to hit before i left for work.

No, it’s been like this for a couple of days now. You’ve just been lucky I think.

Posted by: Godzillathon.8052

Godzillathon.8052

This goes hand-in-hand with another drop-rate change they made in the same patch. I used to be able to hunt skales to get the blood I need for crafting weapons and armor. The drop rate was decent but not out of control, and I needed several hours of farming to get all the blood I needed. Now, skales barely drop any blood at all. They drop eggs instead. This seems to be the same logic they used with the bags. Make the cooking ingredients more of a drop thing and less of a “buy them with karma” thing. I wouldn’e mind this, except that blood is hard enough to come by as it is, and they nerfed the heck out of it to make this change. I could already get eggs off drakes, moas, griffins, and loot bags.

All this change does is make fine materials even harder to come by than they already were. Crafting is already problematic because fine mats are very difficult to gather in the necessary numbers without spending a small fortune on them in the TP, and I would love to know where the sellers got them from in such massive numbers so that I can go there and join them. This makes tends to change crafting from a fun distraction into a tedious chore, which is just not right.

That being said, I do thankfully have the patience necessary to find and farm what I need, but not everybody does, and this change will just mess them up worse.

Just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Posted by: TheAngryLlama.7641

TheAngryLlama.7641

I know… used to get a nice mix of stuff. Only low level but opened the 10 that were in my inventory and ended up with 45 sticks of butter…

Posted by: shaidyn.4016

shaidyn.4016

There are three things I need to say:

1) People who say they aren’t interested in levelling cooking are, to be kind, misguided. It’s a great way to level your character, the buffs you get from the food are fantastic, and sooner or later that stuff will start selling. They literally GIVE you the mats.

2) Anybody who is upset that they ‘missed the boat’ with cooking, shouldn’t be. People who cheesed their way to max level using cooking are now done with the finest MMO to be released in years, 2 weeks into it. It’s their loss.

3) If you’re upset that your ‘drops have been nerfed’, get over it. Every MMO ever has balancing issues. Nothing that happens in the first 6 months of this game should be taken for granted.

“Those who believe a thing cannot be done,
should stay out of the way of those doing it”
- Thomas Edison