Ghost guild?

Ghost guild?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Albers.7306

Albers.7306

Im trying to creat guild but it says that the name is already in use. But i cant find it on http://gw2.guildex.org/ ? Maybe its a dead guild? Maybe there was noone online for months? Maybe its possible to contact admins for taking that guild name? ( if its dead )

Ghost guild?

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Register to add your guild and/or alliance. All guilds and alliances will be checked and approved by a moderator.

They don’t have any access to the guild-database from GW2. You will only find guilds that are registered on that site.

Use the Players helping Players Subforum next time please

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Ghost guild?

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

They only show guilds that have registered there. The guild I’m on is rather large and very active, and isn’t there, for example.

One idea would be to google the guild name to see if they have a website listing someone to contact, but chances are you’ll just have to pick a different name.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Ghost guild?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Devs can’t delete guilds just because it isn’t active.
For example I made a guild only to use the guild bank, I’m the only member and I sometimes get months w/o using it.

You’ll have to pick another name.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Ghost guild?

Albers.7306

So if a guild just only a bank why it should effect people who wants to make it active. I mean regarding guild name. It doesnt sound fair.

Ghost guild?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Just like character names, the first one to create it have it, I can’t imagine a system more fair than that.
If the owner of the guild decide to delete the guild then the name will be available.

Besides, you can make a guild with similar name, like “The Ghost Guild”, “Ghosts Guild”, “Ghost Guild I”, imo what actually matter is the tag you pick, since the guild name only show up when you select the player and read that small font under the name.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Ghost guild?

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

First come first serve.
If I want to buy a new account, and make 5 Toons with my favorite names, and then never play the game for the next 2 years. Even though the names I picked could be someone’s else’s favorite names. I got them first so they’re mine.
Same thing with guild names

Ghost guild?

Albers.7306

Oke you got the point. Tag is more important than a actual guild name.